AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Thats not good then, thats simply meaning both the patches arent compatible. The only way to beat this would be to bowl with the regular exe but when batting use Sam's exe. Thats quite a bit of info potter, saved me lot of time trying to tweak when there existed no problem with the AI tweak.

Ravi,

I never used Sam's exe but still the batsmen tried to leave the ball at least a couple of times and got out. The snapshot that I posted earlier was when I was NOT using Sam's exe.

Ravi,

I just now tested your first beta 7.0 patch in a test match India Vs Australia on a sunny day on a normal pitch. I am not using Sam's exe and am bowling. There certainly is a bug.

In a test match, the CPU leaves a LOT of balls without touching (3 balls per over approximately) and if the ball is straight, gets out LBW or bowled. See following snapshots:

This bug shows up rarely in ODI's and a lot more in test matches. I am going to try out your next 7.0a beta patch now....

If its in a test match I know where it has gone wrong but with the latest patch uploaded here it should certainly play better although coupled with Sam's exe the edges will be one too many it may need to be reduced.

Ravi,

I have given the 7.0a beta patch a shot. In test matches, the bug still exists. I was able to mop up Australia for 12 runs. All but one got clean bowled because of the bug. Then, I batted. Found that I edged almost every other ball. I think it is too 'edgy'. It is not that edgy in one-dayers, though. From what I tested in a one-day the 'leaving' bug did not occur with this beta release. But, I did not test for a whole match, just a few overs.

Again, I did not use Sam's exe patch.

Thanks for that Murali, those are sorted by now even when you play with Sam's exe. The ver 7 or 7a was not tested for test cricket and quite obviously there were issues with it. Now the patch is looking very good as well as realistic but just that it needs to be used with Sam's exe otherwise also it should work fine but probably will be a bit easy. Thanks again for your input.

Do you have a new patch then ? Could you please post it here.

I sure will after having played a little and assured it works well with Sam's exe.

Murali, is this issue evident even on medium and easy modes too? Unfortunately after having made the changes to the previous version, I am unable to test it. Can you let me know if you get a chance to play in easy/medium modes. Cheers

Last edited:
Ravi,

I just now tested this patch in easy and medium levels on a test match. No, the 7.0a beta patch seems perfectly fine.

I played part of a test match today, with sam's .exe and i think they work brilliantly together.
It is much harder to play scoring shots because u can't get your body in the right place.
I got 4 caught behinds because i was playing at the ball when it was too wide.

It all looks good except maybe reduce the edges just a tad, like only a very small margin though.

Users who are viewing this thread