AI patch is now ready - Need testers

if i overwrite the 7.0 gobfile with the original will i lose all my kits i have put on using the kit replacer?

Ravi, i played a few overs with the version 8 patch with sam's exe and i think the human batting is a bit easy.

I played on a normal pitch

I only mis-timed one shot for a whole 7 overs and i was finding the gaps.

So i think that the batting is a bit easy, my score after 7 overs using Australia was 0/51.
(i think that i may also be good at it because of using the Cricket 2002 patch for so long)

But if this is the only way of overcoming the leaving problem that it should stay, but if not the batting should definantly be made a bit harder.

Thanks Tim for the feedback. Tim, thats fair enough score I think depending on whom you were playing against. Again Hyden and Gilchrist are better batsman so no wonder batting would have felt good. I assure you its not too easy if you play as any other team and also all OZ batsman wont fell that easy to bat for sure. If the conditions are a bit grey or overcast you will be beaten quite often. Try few games with this patch and after few days we may want to make batting harder. One advantage of this path is even if you get used to this patch the batting doesnt get easy given if the bowling is better you cannot blast.

just let it install, it will eventually do it, coz if you click any where on the screen except for the installer, it'll look like it has freezed.

Bit too much of a coincidence for it to keep freezing at 4%, but anyway I restarted, closed about everything I could possibly close and it installed with no problems

So far so good with ver 8 very promising,very enjoyable,keeping fingers crossed,the odd funny thing with leaves but no probs so far,run out bug is driving me mad,havent batted yet,just enjoying a good tussel on a green pitch,thought i was going to roll them for under 70 but they have rallied 8/115.

Ravi,

I find it very hard to bat using your latest patch and Sam's exe. But, still I am able to get the CPU out very cheaply, even without the run-outs. Will it be possible to fix that? I am even ready to replace the GOB before each innings, if that is the only way out.

Thanks,

Still going well here,i was wondering do field placings affect the way the cpu bats,i noticed when the fields are set aggresive,ie lots of catchers the cpu seems to let more balls go,maybe this has something to do with the past problems????

Murali, I am a little surprised you are able to get CPU out cheaply every other time. It aint a big problem to fix the CPU batting and also your batting. Have your tried playing in medium or easy level. Easy and Medium will still be hard enough with Sam's exe as this time around I have made sure there is not huge gap between each mode. Have a go at medium/easy and let me know what you feel. I will probably tweak the CPU batting alone in the coming days anyways.

Last edited:
Tim you dont need to try a minnow team but you could try a team like West Indies or even Srilanka.

Originally posted by crick4life
Murali, I am a little surprised you are able to get CPU out cheaply every other time. It aint a big problem to fix the CPU batting and also your batting. Have your tried playing in medium or easy level. Easy and Medium will still be hard enough with Sam's exe as this time around I have made sure there is not gap between modes. Have a go at medium/easy and let me know what you fell. I will probably tweak the CPU batting alone in the coming days anyways.

Thanks Ravi. I am getting better at batting in the hard level. I am able to maintain a run-rate of around 4.5 generally, but I seem to lose more wickets that I would like. So, I end up with scores of around 200. I think one of the reasons is because I don't see the swing of the ball (using Sam's exe) and when the ball is full, I get bowled.

But, till now the highest the CPU has scored against me is only 116 using this patch. So, I am winning anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread