AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Till now, I found that the CPU played best against me with your 6.0 patch. I will try it out when the CPU is batting today.

And the CPU's batting need to be made 'a lot' better, according to me at least.

I find the computer is bowling tighter against me, however everyone complains about the wides.

Go figure.

Everyone's skill level is quite different. So, obviously everyone will have different requirements.

That is what makes someone like Ravi's life a lot difficult and that is why we need to be thankful for the effort these people are putting in.

Probably the best is to have same level of CPU batting setting/bowling setting(including swing/spin/seam) for all the modes. Only change the batting difficulty between modes, that way everyone can enjoy a good competitive game no matter what level we play. People will then realize there is no point saying batting is hard in hard mode and will start playing in other modes like easy/medium:confused: . I will keep the edges/CPU batting/CPU bowling the same in HARD/NORMAL/EASY modes but will make Human batting slightly different between modes. I think the batting in HARD mode as of now is hard enough, once the edges are dried up even people like Squiz, Ragada, Rangeela will feel a little pressure trying to score fast :rolleyes: . Correct me if I am wrong but even right now batting in HARD mode wont let you smack huge number of sixes and fours or does it:confused: ? Fair enough we can score 70-80 runs in the first 10 overs by edging 20-30 runs. Once the edges are taken away from the game the scores will be fairly realistic. Hopefully this wont make some people say there are far too less edges in the game. Anyways edges only are resulting in runs in the ODI thanks but no thanks to CPU field settings :mad: . I think people should play full 50 overs before concluding on the patch. Certain tweaks in the patch can only be felt through 50 overs like some players able to find form early in the inning whereas some players wont find batting easy at all. It all evens out in a 50 over game though. I may be hopefully be able to come up with the said patch sometime later today, will keep you guys posted. I really want to hear some comments from people who are going to use the patch as it is quite daunting if the comments are made after creating the patch. Quite obviously I will not have time to test each one of them so it will be best if people come up with any ideas before I start to tweak again. Also I would look forward to make this the last AI patch from me ;) , I know Ive said this quite a few times before but will be seriously thinking about it till one of us can figure out how to alter the CPU field settings. :rolleyes:

Probably the best is to have same level of CPU batting setting/bowling setting(including swing/spin/seam) for all the modes. Only change the batting difficulty between modes, that way everyone can enjoy a good competitive game no matter what level we play.

This does sound like a great idea. If people find it hard to win, then they go down one level where they themselves can score more, hence increasing the probability of winning.

I think the batting in HARD mode as of now is hard enough, once the edges are dried up even people like Squiz, Ragada, Rangeela will feel a little pressure trying to score fast :rolleyes: . Correct me if I am wrong but even right now batting in HARD mode wont let you smack huge number of sixes and fours or does it:confused: ? Fair enough we can score 70-80 runs in the first 10 overs by edging 20-30 runs. Once the edges are taken away from the game the scores will be fairly realistic.

The only comment I have is that the edges should not 'dry up'. I believe MORE pressure is built by taking wickets than restricting the batsmen. Currently there seems to be too many edges, hence the user (at least me) and the CPU seems to lose a lot of wickets in this manner. This can certainly be reduced but not completely.

Anyways edges only are resulting in runs in the ODI thanks but no thanks to CPU field settings :mad: .

That is true, but we do have to think about test matches also, right or are you not planning to make any change to the test matches ? Even in test matches, the CPU is scoring very poorly against me.

I think people should play full 50 overs before concluding on the patch. Certain tweaks in the patch can only be felt through 50 overs like some players able to find form early in the inning whereas some players wont find batting easy at all. It all evens out in a 50 over game though.

Sounds good to me.

I may be hopefully be able to come up with the said patch sometime later today, will keep you guys posted.

:D

Also I would look forward to make this the last AI patch from me ;)

;)

And thanks a lot.

It would be sad to see this as your last patch Ravi, as your patches having been far superior to any others i have played with.

But thanks for making them! :)

Well Tim, dont have to be sad when I say this will be my last one I want to make this the best one for long so that we wont need another forever.

Dont quote me later if it doesnt turn out that way;)

Originally posted by crick4life
Well Tim, dont have to be sad when I say this will be my last one I want to make this the best one for long so that we wont need another forever.

Dont quote me later if it doesnt turn out that way;)
lol, ok, but with the amount of editing you have done im sure it will be used for a very long time

Ravi you've done very well with these patches. At the moment your latest patch with Sam's exe has produced quite a challanging experience. Surely has made the game a more enjoyable and challenging experience.

Originally posted by crick4life
There is not much to write about how to make patches with Patch maker the best way to sort it is to go through the help documentation. I think it is very straight forward and you will be all right once you have a go. The most I can do is to write what is in the help file for Patch maker which you already have access to.

thats what i'm saying....i know how to make patches.

but i'm confused as to how make a patch for cricket 2004 as we have to put cfg files into the gob file.

look at the screen below and plz tell me what to enter in the

1. old version
2. new version

the old version i suppose will be the directory where we have the GOB file.

but the new version i'm confused about. should the files be in TXT format for what...plz tell me.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 92
Tutsi,

I think it should be the same, namely the old version is the old GOB file and the new version should be your modified GOB file.

Why don't you give it a shot? Trying out is anyway better than posting a question and waiting for answers.

[EDIT]

Barmyarmy beat me to it. :)

Is there any way of making the cpu bat better against spinners,its a bit strange that a part time spinner can tie the cpu down so much and get some easy wickets,both od and tests,as i said before afew less edges would be good,before you retire,i would send you a gold watch but i lost it......

Users who are viewing this thread