AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Guys what I implied when I said this may be my last patch was that this will probably be the last one that will be required if the patch turns out to be what I wish :confused: . Then there will probably be no room for any kind of improvement as we would have pretty much fiddled with all that is possible at this stage.:rolleyes: That said if at all the CPU default field settings can be altered, I will probably set out to make a patch to suit the CPU field sets.;)

Tutsi, as regards to making patch using patch maker Colin has answered your question already.

Originally posted by potter
Is there any way of making the cpu bat better against spinners,its a bit strange that a part time spinner can tie the cpu down so much and get some easy wickets,both od and tests,as i said before afew less edges would be good,before you retire,i would send you a gold watch but i lost it......

Dont you worry about the lost watch ;) , I will still do the best I can to tweak the CPU batting to play better against the spinners.

Originally posted by barmyarmy
It's pretty obvious. The old version means the unpatched .gob and the new version means the patched .gob

Originally posted by msamina
Tutsi,

I think it should be the same, namely the old version is the old GOB file and the new version should be your modified GOB file.

Why don't you give it a shot? Trying out is anyway better than posting a question and waiting for answers.

thnx guys.......

man.....THIS WAS SOOO SIMPLE.

Ravi,

More thought about edges - I am currently playing the next match in the championship - India Vs Pakistan. Since I lost a lot of wickets fast in my last match, I decided not to take any risks. I have played 30 overs and scored 145 for 3. I lost all these 3 wickets only via edges. But, I did certainly get at least 20 to 30 runs via edges. Hence, there should be some moderation in reducing the number of edges, I think. How else will the CPU get us out ?? :rolleyes: I think it is a difficult situation.

I have completed by batting. I scored 258 all out in 46 overs. Out of the wickets I lost, 6 were by edges. In the last 16 overs, I scored 24 runs via edges.

I am pretty sure the CPU's edges need to be reduced. Maybe user edges need to be halved :confused:

Pakistan (CPU) got out for 87 in 22 overs with 4 edges.

Last edited:
Ravi, i still think the power should be reduced, today i played as Canada against Australia on Normal pitch.

I scored 268/7 after 50, i think that is a bit too much for Canada!

Besides that i think everything was pretty good, maybe the edges could have less power?, a few went over or through slips.

So just i think the power should be reduced, i know it is with sams exe but if you play for a little bit you get used to it and then the shots are just too easy to play.

Cheers :)

I'm 30 overs through an innings vs Sri Lanka on a normal pitch (warm, sunny) and I've only got 3 edges for the innings, the patch is playing great:)

Tim- Maybe you're just too good:confused:

Originally posted by brad352
I'm 30 overs through an innings vs Sri Lanka on a normal pitch (warm, sunny) and I've only got 3 edges for the innings, the patch is playing great:)

Tim- Maybe you're just too good:confused:
I think it may have something to do with me playing the Cricket 200 patch by Ravi for about 8 months which also had the curosr not appearing for long.

Its playing great for me, edges seem fine, not that many. And tail is hard to wag. I played a forward defensive block with Mcgrah and it hit the top edge and send straight to the keeper! nice!

can someone please make an uninstall for version 7. i want to put v8 on and want to keep my kits

The match that I spoke about earlier(India Vs Pakistan) is on a Green pitch. Maybe that contributed to a bit more edges that it would usually ??

I finished off the innings (against djkay, in the online play section) with 293/8, which i think is pretty accurate for the Aussies. I don't think it needs to be changed much, if at all.

msamina- Green pitches always have heaps more edges than the others- probably a bit over the top.

plz ravi tell me as to how to make an uninstaller.....in clicktem patch maker.

where is the option for that....i can't find it.

I think the un-installer will be vice-versa of the original. In this case, the old version will be the new updated GOB and the new version will be the original GOB.

Users who are viewing this thread