AI patch is now ready - Need testers

There you go Tutsi, Murali has anssered your question.

Brad352, Groobz looks like you guys are finding the patch good enough. Maybe you wont need anymore updated for a while. Murali, sorry the proposed might take a little longer than expected. I am more or less done with tweaking CPU batting but just need to be tested. The new version has less edges so no easy runs this time around with the edges. As for the CPU playing against the spinners, it is playing quite well now so spinners will not be the option when you want to tie down the runs. I havent tested the Test cricket as well so it will take a while before I can get that working. Probably realease the ODI update by only making CPU batting a little better in tests. Anyway, will keep you guys posted.

Thanks Ravi for your effort. The updates sound good to me. Yes, you can just update the ODI first and release the patch as a beta patch. Can't wait to try it out.

And, you do not need to apologize for any delay.

Ravi,all the work you have done so far is really a nice effort and smart work indeed.

All the mere mortals like me and not like Ragada,Squiz, Rangeela, Groobz & other excellent gamers can try this download. This is still not finished but the CPU will play better and against the spinners it will hopefully score reasonable runs. Batting may feel a bit easy and we can only find out by others trying this out. Do let me know if the batting is a bit too easy. I have done some work also on Test cricket in this patch but no testing has been done. It will be good to hear from people on this as well. The edges has been reduced and also fine tuned to fall short of slips at times. There will still be edges on green & damp pitches as well on other pitches if the conditions are grey/overcast. Hopefully this patch should produce competetive scores both while batting and bowling.

Just in case the super batter like Ragada,Squiz, Rangeela, Groobz & others also would like to try this then use the config editor and drop the BatWindowIdealSize from

BatWindowIdealSize 1.0

to

BatWindowIdealSize 0.5

in the ODI hard/Test hard before you start batting. After having batted restore the BatWindowIdealSize back to 1.0. This will ensure batting will still be hard enough when your turn to bat.

Forgot to write this before, playing yorker is no more an issue with this patch. Yorkers bowled on the stumps or on the off stump can be played straight down the wicket for a single most of the times. Any yorker bowled on the legs can be glanced down to fine leg for a single or couple of runs. Given the number of yorkers the CPU bowls I thought we needed to find some way to play them atleast for singles. Again you may still get out occassionally to yorkers but at times yorkers deserve wickets eh:rolleyes:

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 9.0 beta.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Not a problem Squiz, but do not forget to drop the bat size;) or probably you could try without altering the size and let me know how easy you find. I see you have created kits for OZ domestic, any chance of international kits from you mate?

kool Ravi i willl give it a go tomorrow, and if i change that BatWindowIdealSize to something like 0.25, would that make it harder to time your shots well or would it just make them weaker?

If you do then I will assure you it will be the hardest to bat with. You may even miss a straight one, I suppose if you find 0.50 easy then I suggest you try 0.30. Atleast you wont miss a straight one;) Also with dropping it to anything less than 0.30 will take out some shots that you can normally play like a hook or a cut shot. You can try though but I suggest try those at a later date once you get used to 0.5 or 0.3.

Thanks a lot Ravi. Will try it out. Hopefully, the CPU will bat better and hence have a chance of winning.

I tried it out with batting a few overs on a green pitch. Seems to be working really well. I will post my views after a full one-day match.

I am currently playing a India Vs New Zealand world championship match on a Normal Pitch with Overcast Conditions.

The ball gets the occasional swing and it feels good. After a bit of time in the middle, the batsmen are able to time the balls pretty well. I am able to play the spinner (Vettori) well too, meaning I expect the CPU to do the same against my spinners. The score currently is 94/2 after 10 overs, which maybe a bit high. But, I will complete the 50 overs and see how much I get to. There are edges but not as many as in the previous patch. Will keep you posted.

Ravi,

I am done with the above mentioned match. The scorecard and bowling figures are attached:

So, my comments are:

It is quite a good patch. I am still losing wickets at regular intervals. I am unable to time some shots correctly.

The batting is easy. I find it easy to time a lot of balls and when I time them, I can get them for a four. When I do not time it I get out. That is the reason why I lost all my wickets in 40 overs but even then was able to score 296 runs.

This match was on a normal pitch with overcast conditions. Hence, there were quite a few edges. The number of edges that I got is perfectly good. No need for any modification in this regard.

I found batting easy even with tail-enders. That I do not think is good.

The bad thing is even though the CPU batted very well against the fast bowlers, it still continued to lose wickets.

Also, against spinners it still struggled as is evident from the bowling figures for India.

So, all in all it is a good patch, with more tweaks needed. Since, this is only a beta patch, I can expect more :), right.

If you need any specific comments, please let me know and thanks a lot for your effort.

Users who are viewing this thread