AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Yer the AI batting against Spin is very poor, i can tie down 1 end, only conceding 2 - 2.5 runs an over. I think it needs to be a little more agressive, maybe hitting over the infield?

I have to concede this patch was crap but atleast this is only a beta version. The tail end batting is fine I can fix that maybe I changed the value from Ver 8. I just cant understand the CPU batting issue though, I am finding it hard to bowl Kenya out let alone India. Its a bit of an issue really if it was to do with my settings being different from other as suggested by Shailesh. I will need to figure that out, thanks for your feedback guys really appreciate it. What I will do is send probably Murali a patch and Squiz a patch by mail unless you guys dont have time to test it as you both are very good when it comes to bowling & batting respectively. I dont want others to download this beta version and waste their time trying to play with this. Is that all right with you guys?

Yup. No problem for me. I have time on my hands.

Yes, it will indeed be bad if your settings are different from mine/squiz's.

Last edited:
Because that is my name Squiz

... and it means 'flute' - a musical instrument, if you have heard about it.

Last edited:
ravi, your a.i patch version 3.0a batting update works perfect with sam's exe as I played south africa's tour in newzealand and in 4odi's I have the closest game in my life. I played in medium difficulty and in normal mode and one match was a tie and i (South africa) won by better run rate. I will advice you to test the AI Verion 3.0 batting update with sam's exe patch and you will see the difference.

babai

i am using ur 8.0 patch and whenever i bowl to the cpu full on the stups they leave the bowl and get bowled everytime what is going on

Ravi,

I completed one game between India and SA using the beta patch that you sent and my first comment is going to be

WOW :eek:

According to me the patch worked wonderfully well. Great job.

Conditions of match:
Hard pitch under humid conditions.

Toss:
SA won the toss and asked me to bat.

My comments:

CPU Bowling:

Positive Aspects:

For my skill level, the batting was neither too hard nor too easy. I mistimed shots and played some wonderful shots as well. So, it was an all round performance. I was able to score 287 all out in 48 overs.

Negative Aspect:

The CPU bowled 52 wides. I am not sure whether it has anything to do with your patch. But that is what happened. Great "Batters" like Squiz might find it a bit easy.

CPU Batting:

Positive Aspects:

The CPU batted really well. It did not lose even a single wicket against fast/swing bowlers and scored at an average steady run-rate of 6 per over. Then, I brought on the spin bowlers. Then, they did lose wickets; BUT not a mass of wickets like I used to get with spin bowlers and never a mass of mis-timed shots like usual. Instead they were at longer intervals and the CPU was able to maintain the run-rate around 5 to 6 runs per over. Against Kumble, they scored 44 runs in 7 overs while against others it was a little bit lower; around 3.5 runs per over. But, the overall run-rate was about 5.5 all the time and was appropriate for the score they were chasing. At one point, even with spinners at both ends, they did not lose a single wicket for about 70 runs. This is something great and it appeared as though they were chasing the score. They ended at 236 all out after 43 overs.

In that there were 3 run-outs. Actually, there were 7, but I restarted after 4. I decided to keep 2 because they were not the typical moronic run-outs, instead it was a throw from the deep that caught them inches before the crease. I took the last run-out because it happened in the same over I took another hard-earned wicket, hard-earned being the keyword. Till everyone got out, the CPU always had a chance to win.

Negative aspect/s:

NONE :eek:

One RFE (Request for Enhancement):

Maybe not lose this many wickets against spinners. They took 7. They took those only after 35 overs, though. It might be difficult to implement, but just a suggestion.

So, all in all I think the CPU batted and bowled really well and this was the only match, where I thought I can lose after bowling for 20 overs. Great work.

I will post some screen-shots now.

India Batting:

Last edited:
The India scoreboard lists Kumble as c&b. He was the batsman who was not out and in the SA scoreboard, Ntini is listed as runout. He was the person who was not out at the end.

One final point: I have reached the semis of my first world-cup :cool: and I have not lost any matches.

Last edited:
Thanks Murali, that?s an excellent feedback and also the patch testing well is icing on the cake. I reckon if the wides were reduced then the scores were pretty much tight, the CPU could have won it too. That?s a good clue, thanks for that. Effectively if CPU bowled only 10 wides you would have ended up scoring 237 on a hard pitch off 48 overs. That?s around 4.9 rpo which is very realistic particularly playing as India. I can reduce the wides but CPU will bowl plenty of Yorkers and takes fun out of the game but if that?s the only way to reduce wides then be it I say. Your suggestion that CPU loses wickets against the spinners is quite acceptable on a hard pitch IMO, it may not lose same number of wickets against spinners on a seamer friendly tracks. You reckon batting is just fine and needs no changes? The scores will be lower on other types of pitches as the ball will not travel with the same speed on other types of pitches. You know I was testing this patch last night and I felt if a batsman spends some time in the middle then he can go on to make a big one. This is where you can use defending/leaving the ball; there is no way you can bat with this patch without losing wickets while being aggressive. You can hit a couple of balls but will hole out sooner than later. Even batter like Squiz/Ragada will have to defend & leave the ball, there is no way you cannot lose your wicket if you are playing shots to every ball even playing as Australia. There are plenty of chances you can lose wickets to a normal cover drive/back foot cover drive or even a leg glance. The only way to not lose wicket is to play sensibly and not play too many shots when fresh at the crease. This will ensure good balance of rpo for Humans. The keepers will be really sharp; as I have noticed in couple of games I?ve played with this patch. I have changed some of the directions/speed of the edges to not fly but take time before reaching the slips region. This patch now may require very little changes which I will get to sometime today, you?ve been really helpful Murali that?s one of the most detailed feedback I ever got. Cheers.

You are very welcome, Ravi and thanks for all the effort you are putting into patching this game.

Yes, if the CPU is going to bowl more yorkers, it is no problem I would also think. 52 wides is way too much. With 10 or so wides, it would certainly have been a lot more closer. Even if some super batters find it a bit easy, with the CPU bowling more yorkers, it should become tougher.

I also understand your comments about the spin bowlers. 7 wickets in 35 overs is perfectly reasonable for a hard pitch and on a green pitch obviously it will be less.

I did notice that some edges did not "fly" to the slips area. There were also some inside edges.

I will play my semis against NZ once you post the updated patch. If you want me to test it out before posting, please e-mail me the installer. But, I guess there will be no need for that.

Great work and keep it up.

Good stuff, will email you the installer later today after tweaking the bowling. I am not going to upload the patch yet, will still wait for you to sign off. Were there too many edges or is it reasonable atm?

Users who are viewing this thread