AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Ok. After I receive the installer I will test it out in the semis.

On the hard pitch that I was playing I thought the edges were very reasonable. In my opinion, the edges do not need any tweaking.

Ravi i have played a little bit of a test playing against squiz (you can check out the topic in the online gaming section for full details and updates)
At lunch i was i think 0/93 (26 overs)
which was very realistic, i couldn't play probably 45% of the deliveries and just had to let them go. The bowlers bowled very tight and when i played across the line or to a delivery that was just outside off i occasionally got an edge or just completely missed it.

The spinners came on for a few overs and they were also pretty hard to play, they were pitching it just on off stump and spinning it away (off-spinner) and i had no option but to let it go.

i then played for a bit longer and after 44 overs i am 1/170.
This may sound like i am on top, but it has been a real struggle and i have had to work for my runs.
Some shots came of the bat beautifully and others were poorly timmed and went no-where.

I was very happy with the bowlers lien and length, the amount edges (there were some, not too many, and they weren't overly powerful) and i was fairly happy with the batting hardness, but i fell that the shot were just still a tad easy to time right.
Maybe if u changend the IdealWindow thing from 1.0 to 0.8 i think that would be better, i just think it needs to be a tiny bit harder to time the shots right then i think it would be very good.

Anyways top work mate and will give you more feedback on the test as i keep going, also hopefully Squiz can tell you his thoughts.

Cheers :)

Cheers Tim, test cricket is sounding good too. I reckon you are playing with ver 8 patch right, I will then keep most of the tweaks from Ver 8 in Ver 9 then. One problem with changing the Ideal window is CPU will not play shots when its turn comes. I could only put down to this issue the CPU not offering shots. Anyway I will keep that in mind while I am trying to finish Ver 9.

I haven't tried v9 yet Ravi, but v8 is perfect batting for me, i think you could make the CPU a bit more aggressive though, through the middle overs

ravi dde can u pls post v8.0 uninstaller for me....pls pls pls thnx n bye...

Originally posted by crick4life
Cheers Tim, test cricket is sounding good too. I reckon you are playing with ver 8 patch right, I will then keep most of the tweaks from Ver 8 in Ver 9 then. One problem with changing the Ideal window is CPU will not play shots when its turn comes. I could only put down to this issue the CPU not offering shots. Anyway I will keep that in mind while I am trying to finish Ver 9.
What if i just manually change it back when i am bowling?
I could change it with the CFG editor to 0.8 when i bat then change it back to 1.0 (or maybe higher if the leaving issue hapens) when i bowl.

I am having a problem with version 8.0. I am playing a test match at medium level with sams exe file.Pak was 207 all out . India are 218 all out .However everytime the indian innings ends and i go back to the menu when I try to resume the pak second innings the game crashes.I tried even autoplaying the last wicket but for some reason I cant play the second innings!? Any suggestions as to what the problem is?Hey great job on the patch though ...

Ravi,

I am currently playing the match with the new beta patch. I am done with the first innings and am bowling second and have completed 20 overs of the same.

I will post my comments once I get done with the match, which will be tomorrow. Since it is a week day, it is going a bit slower.

hey ravi.. new job with the patches. ..1 qs. though is there a way I can increase the swing /seam if i have ur path 8 and sam's exe.... patch 8 works well for me just want to have fun with more seam/swing .... thanks

ahhhhhh this is what hapens when u type in two widows at the same time ( AIM/this forum) ... meant "great job with the patches" instead of "new job with the patches"

Originally posted by ashwinkm
I am having a problem with version 8.0. I am playing a test match at medium level with sams exe file.Pak was 207 all out . India are 218 all out .However everytime the indian innings ends and i go back to the menu when I try to resume the pak second innings the game crashes.I tried even autoplaying the last wicket but for some reason I cant play the second innings!? Any suggestions as to what the problem is?Hey great job on the patch though ...

very even contest :)
I don't think that has anything to do with the patch though, maybe you changed sum settings or sumthing?
Or maybe another bug

Ravi,

I was able to complete playing the semis today itself. I should say this patch too played really well.

Toss: I (India) won the toss and elected to bat first.
Conditions: Normal Pitch with normal weather conditions

CPU Bowling - The Story:
Initially, I started off the match with no modifications to the cursor size. The CPU bowled very well, but I was intent on keeping my wickets and was able to maintain a run-rate of around 6. I noticed that the CPU had given 8 runs in wides by the end of the 3rd over. By the end of the 11th over this was 14, i.e., it reduced. But, even then I decided to change the cursor size as per your suggestion and continued on. After over 30, my run-rate was round 5.4 and then suddenly I found batting a bit easier - not sure why. One of my batsmen was settled but the other was not. By the end of the 40th over I was 250/4. Then, I lost some quick wickets and ended my innings at 280 all out after 45 overs.

Positive aspects:
Regular wickets were being taken by the CPU. The total number of runs conceded via wides decreased to 32 from 52 using the previous beta patch.

Negative aspects:
Maybe the batting should be made a bit tougher. I am not sure whether it is possible to make ONLY the human batting difficulty tougher, though. Also, if possible the wides could be decreased further to be between 10 to 20.

CPU Batting - The story:

As always, the CPU batted very well against my fast bowlers and continued to maintain a run-rate of 7 per over. The CPU did lose 2 wickets against the fast bowlers. Then, I brought the spinners on and even then the CPU was able to maintain a run-rate of more than 6 per over. Unfortunately, in the middle of the game a number of batsmen starting coming down the wicket (It was more than the previous patch) and I was able to take wickets regularly and hence NZ ended their innings at 194 all out after 34 overs.

Positive Aspects:
No bowler was able to bog NZ down and hence the run-rate was around 6 all the time. This is better than the previous beta patch that you sent. India has a better skill level than NZ according to Cricket 2004, I believe. Considering this fact, I think it is really great that they scored this many runs. Never before has such a score been taken by a team ranked below my team (mostly I use only India).

Negative Aspects:
I was able to get wickets at regular intervals. The CPU batsmen kept coming down the wicket more times than in the previous patch and at one point I took 2 wickets in the same over in this manner (stumped) and hence restarted the game.

Finally, I should say that it is really great that the CPU is consistently able to maintain such a great run-rate and post very reasonable scores.

I have attached the screen-shots below:

Users who are viewing this thread