Alleged match fixing in the IPL

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is the "highest rated citizen of India"? Sachin? He hasn't even been conferred with a Bharat Ratna. And even if he was, I don't rate him the highest citizen. There are many people in India who have done good for the country than Sachin who just entertains people with his game (but earns for it). Cricketers and movie stars can never be rated the highest citizens of a country unless they have done something substantially good for the country in terms of social service or welfare activities.

That "Highest Rated Indian Citizen" was a tag conferred upon Sachin by him. Its his opinion. Guess we mustn't be critical.

...or was it that you failed to read the "for me" in his post -
"He is the highest rated citizen of India for me and so i used his example."
like most of us did?:p

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For him, movie stars and role model cricketers are gods I guess. Typical Indian character.

S

Satan666

I thought you were a guy from the urban area with good english knowledge.I never knew you dint go to school man.I am sorry.

I have never mentioned Rahul should not be questioned,i told that despite stature and stuffs anybody can be questioned by law even if he is Sachin.
And Sai,i thought you work in a big company in the USA and still you couldnt understand english.This shows that you two just want to target me.Anyone in sense would not have come to a conclusion like you and Sahil came to from my line.Such biased feelings among us!Phew!

If Sachin is questioned for spot-fixing there will be massive uproar across the Ganges, these same hypocritical individuals like Sai and the other may seek medical attention since their blood pressure is gonna sky rocket.

But lets get back on topic. The Indian players have pleaded guilty so they would be punished accordingly. Hoping that theyre banned for life and do prison time also, as to set an example for other players thinking of cheating!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If Sachin is questioned for spot-fixing there will be massive uproar across the Ganges, these same hypocritical individuals like Sai and the other may seek medical attention since their blood pressure is gonna sky rocket.

But lets get back on topic. The Indian players have pleaded guilty so they would be punished accordingly. Hoping that theyre banned for life and do prison time also, as to set an example for other players thinking of cheating!

Did you read this post of mine? I have said that if Sachin was in anyway connected with claims of spot fixing (or if he was captain of a team which had players indulge in it), I wouldn't definitely mind Sachin being questioned and I wouldn't be too sentimental about it. If he is not captain of the side, then I would surely not want him to be questioned. But if he was, I have no problem. I love Sachin for his game and for the way he conducts himself on and off the field, but I am mature enough to understand that I haven't interacted with him that close enough to put my foot down and say that he will never indulge in such acts.

You have been needing medical attention for a long time now since your mind is so jumbled that pure tripe has been coming out most of the time when you post in these forums.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
For him, movie stars and role model cricketers are gods I guess. Typical Indian character.

Not movie stars please!I am not into that.And role model cricketers are not "GODS".Only Rahul Dravid is my God.

And i think i can assume certain things in my life without seeking permission from anyone.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Honestly,if the great SRT is involved and if there is even an ounce of suspicion, he should be taken in for questioning. The game is way above the player. I know there would be the occasional hartals and burning down of police effigies if that happens, however, if you suspect anyone,by all means go ahead and question that person.

What one can understand quite simply is that the IPL is a way to make easy money. Ajit Chandila was a mere rookie who played for some club and wormed his way into the RR side. A Chandila or a Chavan would never make it to the Indian team and thus fixing was seen by them as an effective way to make merry.

Bevab

Staff Member
And that's why fixing occurs.

Owzat

International Coach
Ahh!!
True, its a disgrace to Indian cricket

The IPL is a disgrace to cricket full-stop! ;)

----------

If people make racist attacks they get banned; simple.

I wondered how match fixing would link in and lead to racism......... comments on South Africans playing for England, yes, but not match fixing.

Oh and if posters are banned for racism then is that permanent and I'm thinking they should be named and shamed, although to be racist they probably have little grasp of shame.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
The worst part about this is that all the terrible domestic bowlers in the IPL, and there are a lot of them, will now be scrutinised and labeled cheats when their only crime is having no talent and serving up meat pies to international batsmen.

Everyone knows it's been going on since day 1 of the IPL though. When you've got million dollar guys playing alongside people who are barely making it by, in a high profile event (as far as domestic cricket goes) and seedy underworld figures acting as player agents, management etc. it's bound to happen.

For a known and well-off player like Sreesanth to be involved just shows that greed is motivation enough and it casts a dark cloud over many of India's top cricketers.

With the curators proudly admitting to pitch doctoring during the Aus series and now this, it's going to take some time for India to rebuild their reputation back to where it was since the last round of lifebans for match fixing.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
For a known and well-off player like Sreesanth to be involved just shows that greed is motivation enough and it casts a dark cloud over many of India's top cricketers.

With the curators proudly admitting to pitch doctoring during the Aus series and now this, it's going to take some time for India to rebuild their reputation back to where it was since the last round of lifebans for match fixing.

LOL just because Sreesanth is involved, it does not mean all the other big stars will have connection with fixing. Greed can definitely be a reason for Sreesanth but you can't expect someone like Dhoni, Sachin or even someone like Kohli to be involved because they earn so much money that can't even be counted.

And just because you have lost the series by so much humiliation does not mean you come out with excuses like this. We also had 2 horrible series in England and Australia. It does not mean we will come up with excuses but you just have to accept the fact that you have played bad cricket and move on from that topic.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I would be disappointed if those guys you mentioned were involved, but not so surprised anymore after a number of Indian Test and ODI players have been found guilty of fixing in the last decade. For them I don't understand it, why risk your life and reputation for a quick buck? But it is happening and it makes me question their contemporaries.

As for the pitch doctoring, there are articles in which the curators admit it, and former Indian players speak against it. Practices like these, and far worse, like the annual match fixing arrests is damaging not only India's reputation, but cricket itself.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Aren't we overreacting?? 3 out of 300 players were found to be corrupt. That is 1%. If only 1% of human beings on the planet were morally corrupt, the world would be a far far better place. No amount of regulation and monitoring can completely void corruption.

The fact is that occurrence of corruption will be far more than 1% in any occupation or in any sport or in any part of the world. Why would cricket be an exception?

----------
[/QUOTE]

There is no over reaction. 3 have been caught while countless others are more than likely involved. There has been speculation regarding the IPL and match fixing since the very beginning. There was a reason why Modi was fired, there has been corruption from the very moment big businesses got involved.

I know this happens in most major sports and leagues but it needs to be stamped out and with the IPL being the premier domestic t20 competition on the planet and the richest, they need to set an example. What is already a stale product worsens with such allegations.

S

Satan666

I am sure this is not cofide to the IPL only, each international series played on Indian soil over the last two odd years should be examined thoroughly to see if match fixing may have been involved. When Cronje got caught he gave a list of cricketers wo were also invoved in these shameful acts, surely Sreesanth and co would do the same, so I expect more Indians to face the gallows, maybe just maybe some foreign players may also be involve. How do we eradicate this, simply by ceasing international play of cricket on Indian soil, India is the central hub for all these bookies due to their lack of policing intelligence.

----------

LOL just because Sreesanth is involved, it does not mean all the other big stars will have connection with fixing. Greed can definitely be a reason for Sreesanth but you can't expect someone like Dhoni, Sachin or even someone like Kohli to be involved because they earn so much money that can't even be counted.

And just because you have lost the series by so much humiliation does not mean you come out with excuses like this. We also had 2 horrible series in England and Australia. It does not mean we will come up with excuses but you just have to accept the fact that you have played bad cricket and move on from that topic.

There is an old saying that the more money you make the more you crave for more and more and more!

----------

Aren't we overreacting?? 3 out of 300 players were found to be corrupt. That is 1%. If only 1% of human beings on the planet were morally corrupt, the world would be a far far better place. No amount of regulation and monitoring can completely void corruption.

India have had a long history with match fixing, cheating and generally using underhanded techniques to disguise themselves amongst the elite, so this incident is just a continuity on the level of dishonesty and shamefulness that encompasses the Indian team for the last decade or so.

Users who are viewing this thread