Asia Cup 2008

Naw, the Bangla series was just practice for the Asia Cup, but I agree we should have won.

I'm not complaining though, i'd much rather take the loss now rather then in an important tourny such as this one.

Cricketman added 5 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Here's my 15 that I would pick for this series -

1. MS Dhoni (Captain and Keeper)
2. Yuvraj Singh
3. Gautam Gambhir
4. Virender Sehwag
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Dinesh Karthik (WK)
7. Subramanium Badrinath
8. Robin Uthappa / Shikhar Dhawan
9. Ishant Sharma
10. Zaheer Khan (If fit) / Manpreet Gony
11. Praveen Kumar
12. Irfan Pathan
13. Piyush Chawla
14. Praghyan Ojha / Mishra
15. ?

Thoughts?
Squad's released and they continue to ignore Badrinath. :mad:

MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Praveen Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Virender Sehwag, Ishant Sharma, Rohit Sharma, RP Singh, Robin Uthappa, Sreesanth (withdrawn)

I doubt they'll replace Sreesanth with Badri. :(

To be fair, it is the same squad as in the Tri Series and so Gony will likely replace Sreesanth.

To be fair, it is the same squad as in the Tri Series and so Gony will likely replace Sreesanth.

You are right manee,Gony has been included in the squad.

Btw,anyone has news on the Pakistan team for the tournament ? The Asia Cup is about 5 days away and Pak has not announced their squad.Difficult for me to create a Fantasy Game for the same.

pakistan is always late in releasing their squads...:noway but i think the squads will be almost or same as the tri series...:cheers

They released their 20 probables and Akmal has been booted out and Sarfraz comes in.

Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Bazid Khan, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Abdur Rauf, Naumanullah, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Hameed, Mansoor Amjad, Saeed Ajmal.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/asiacup/content/story/355323.html

too much young blood in pakistan squad... akmal shouldn't have been left out... just saying that they want to rest him is a bad excuse for a major tournament like asia cup...

OK I met Yuvraj Singh yest (In Mumbai)
Took a pic with him too :)
wonder when our boys are leaving for the Asia Cup :p

Edit: View my profile for the pic

Last edited:
too much young blood in pakistan squad... akmal shouldn't have been left out... just saying that they want to rest him is a bad excuse for a major tournament like asia cup...

Akaml has been left out on disciplinary grounds.After the 'dropped catch' appeal,it was clear that Akmal would not be playing in the Asia Cup.

OK I met Yuvraj Singh yest (In Mumbai)
Took a pic with him too :)
wonder when our boys are leaving for the Asia Cup :p

Edit: View my profile for the pic

All teams are suppossed to Pakistan by 21st June.So,thats effectively tomorrow.

My Pakistan Contracted Squad :-
1)Salman Butt
2)Nasir Jamshed
3)Younus Khan
4)Mohammad Yousuf
5)Misbah-ul-Haq (V.C)
6)Shoaib Malik (C)
7)Shahid Afridi
8)Sarfraz Ahmed (w.k)
9)Sohail Tanvir
10)Umer Gul
11)Mohd. Asif

B-Team [consisting of the other 9 contracted players + 2 Senior guys] :-
1)Yasir Hameed
2)Kamran Akmal (w.k)
3)Bazid Khan
4)Mohammad Yousuf (V.C)
5)Misbah-ul-Haq (C)
6)Naumanullah
7)Fawad Alam
8)Mansoor Amjad
9)Rao Iftikhar
10)Wahab Riaz
11)Sohail Khan

Pakistan A :-
1)Khalid Latif{V.C}
2)Khurram Manzoor
3)Shoaib Khan
4)Mohammad Hafeez{Capt.}
5)Faisal Iqbal
6)Rizwan Ahmed
7)Zulquarnain Haider{W.K}
8)Abdur Rauf
9)Kamran Hussain
10)Saeed Ajmal [spinner]
11)Junaid Zia

---that's a solid core of over 30 players minus the inconsistent & frequently injured/ out of form Kaneria, S, Akhtar, Abdul Rehman, etc. !

Users who are viewing this thread