Asia Cup March 2011/12

An excellent win for Bangladesh, they played positively and were very determined to win the game, they did very well as a batting unit, I don't think there can be any excuses about the loss, they played much better than us, chasing 290 on such a slow wicket isn't an easy task but they managed it with a very good batting performance.

Just imagine how good that Bangladesh batting lineup could be in another 5 years, if they all stay together. So young and talented, that I think they get a bad rep from a lot of people. If every country had a lineup all 25 and under, they'd probably play terribly at times too.

Kohli's 66 came off 82 balls and his S/R is just less than 3 runs away from Tendulkar. Do we see anyone here blaming Kohli for the slow scoring?

The truth is, 280+ on this pitch was a highly defendable target and the Indian bowling was very poor and lost us the match. Blaming Sachin for the slow scoring is a stupid excuse (an attempt to downplay his 100th ton and act as if it doesn't mean anything).

Sachin shouldn't be blamed for the loss.

But, his batting has definitely got uglier. He's getting beaten outside the off stump a lot more times now, even by ordinary bowlers.

Like Sharda Ugra Cricinfo journalist said, "Sachins's the elephant in the Indian dressing room".

Let's take some hate from India.

and give some credit to Bangladesh also. You guys are acting like morons. It's not like Bangladesh would have won without their batsman :facepalm

and if you really want to put the blame, It was definately not batsman job to defend 290 target :rolleyes

Last edited:
Poor bowling from India, absolutely tripe stuff.... But I hope people here ranting about it have not forgotten the mighty escape that Pakistan had against this same BD team a few days back. There Gul did it, and here someone from India didnt do it. And the Pakistani players have been playing longer in these conditions as opposed to India who are coming off a 3 month long tour of Australia.... Of course, if you want to hate India and just jibe at them, its a different story.

Yea we got lucky but we held on you didnt. And no we (Pakistanis) are not hating just pointing out what everyone else saw.

Bangladesh has to be given credit, never really believed they could do it until Rahim spanked Pathan. To think Bangladesh batted so well at the last 10 overs without the powerplay is just unbelievable. Love how committed this team looks, and Nasir Hossain looks like a gem of a player. Very different from your ordinary Bangladeshi player more like from the Shakib-Tamim mould.

Indian bowling was horrific. Really the quality of bowling is just so bad, I cant describe it. Tendulkar got the ton, but I dont see how he is guilt free. Yea he shouldnt be as blameworthy as the bowlers but he could have made a difference. When you know you have a batting attack like India's he should have gone slogging, but hey only batsman to get 100 100s. Lets see if he can do well without the pressure.

The greatest thing about India losing is that there is spice into the India-Pak game. Didnt want a dead rubber.

Chasing here seems a better option. Bangladesh scared Pakistan and beat India, and Sri Lanka remained in the hunt for a long time until Sangakkara had a brain freeze, and Pakistan romped home with a bonus point against Sri Lanka. India chased a lot in Australia and we wanted them to bat first. Here we want them to chase and they are batting first. Tough times!:D

congratulations Bangladesh. What an embarrassment for World Champions !

Just imagine how good that Bangladesh batting lineup could be in another 5 years, if they all stay together. So young and talented, that I think they get a bad rep from a lot of people. If every country had a lineup all 25 and under, they'd probably play terribly at times too.

I hope so, the worry is they've had young players before but they didn't develop. saleh, aftab, kapali for example. however I do hope these are signs of improvement, I said after the first game, ok they lost but it wasn't the loss of a tragically inept unit, a few key performances swung it pakistans way. In this match is was heartening to see iqbal and jaharul make sensible innings but the real turn around was rahim and shakib, two of their most established players, showing that they can attack with purpose.

when I've seen bangladesh need quick runs before it seems they try and make them off pre-meditated shots, most of the big hits from their innings were the correct shots and the result of positive, aggressive mindsets. overall the chase showed a level of control that's not been entirely typical of bangladesh in their past wins.

fried chickening hell Highlander, is it that time of the month every day of every month? 99/100 times, you make it worse than it already is. There are ignorant people here and do I disagree with them too? Hell yea, but I don't make the rest of us have to scroll through 10 more pages of that drivel by instigating them further.

Kohli's 66 came off 82 balls and his S/R is just less than 3 runs away from Tendulkar. Do we see anyone here blaming Kohli for the slow scoring?

The truth is, 280+ on this pitch was a highly defendable target and the Indian bowling was very poor and lost us the match. Blaming Sachin for the slow scoring is a stupid excuse (an attempt to downplay his 100th ton and act as if it doesn't mean anything).

I think we've all seen enough of Kohli to know that from there, his S/R was only going upwards. That was Tendulkar's second slowest ODI hundred of his career, on a flat-track, against Bangladesh... At 80 off 100 balls, with your team 1/161, it shouldn't take 40 balls to score another 20 runs. Just because he reached a meaningless milestone, doesn't mean he's immune from being criticised.

The Indian bowlers were terrible, but everyone knows they have one of the worst bowling attacks in international cricket and the gameplan is to bat teams out of the game, which they failed to do thanks to Tendulkar thinking of himself.

Yeah Tendulkar thought of himself but he was well justified to do this if it meant getting the rock off his back.

Losing to Bangla's hurt but only if this means he can now go back to his former self (i.e. playing for the team), then yes it was fully worth it.

It's a relatively meaningless tournament - little more than a run-of-the-mill tri-series with an extra team. Even if Tendulkar's innings was slow (it wasn't) or cost them the game (it didn't), all that pales into insignificance beside a never-before-achieved stat that therefore ranks somewhere in the same order of magnitude as Murali's 800 Test wickets.

Did Tendulkar know India were going to lose? NO! Did Tendulkar know that the Indian bowlers were not going to be able to defend 290 against a Bangladesh team which their opener Sehwag called an 'ordinary side' not so long ago? NO! Is Tendulkar to be blamed? NO! Am I defending Tendulkar just because he got that 100th ton which I care about only because its getting on Tendulkar's nerves? NO!

i wish cheema gets an injury and riaz comes in.if cheema plays vs india his economy rate will surely gonna be over 8 while riaz had picked a 5 wkt haul in the last match vs india

Users who are viewing this thread