Asia Cup March 2011/12

It's better to drop younis for.Wahab, he can't do any worse than younis while batting + he's got pace which will get India in trouble.

Yeah if we can drop 1 more batsman then the 150 is the most we can score

People are blaming his 100 for the lost.Btw every batsmen gets slow after getting into the 90s.

Yeah Except Greats like Ponting, Inzamam, Lara and Anwar. Sachin is one of those greats as well but I wont blame him rather its theenormous pressure created by media and Indian Public on him. Its not just Media only, Media has the voice of public and people really wanted his 100th ton more than they wanting their team to win a match and that is where problem lies.

India's form has been rubbish lately, what the heck has happened to them.

Younis seems to forget batting.The ball is not coming on his bat and Yet he is trying to hit the ball hard.He just need to spend some time on the crease and He'll surely do a better job.He has played some good knocks against India so lets hope he'll get his form back if he plays tomorrow.

He's never been a great one day player, which is an amazing factoid for a player who has featured in over 200 of them.

How many great ODI batsmen we have atm? :rolleyes but yeah if he continues to throw his wicket in this manner i think we must go for any young player may be Azhar Ali.He's truly a solid player in Test but still i think he deserves more chances in ODIs

Azhar Ali? I think there isn't any better player than Shafiq who can fit on no 3 in ODIs. Azhar should focus on tests only.

Yeah, can't get why Shafiq isn't in the team. Any particular reason?

May be due to Team's combination.Only younis is the one who hasn't perform for a long now so If he has to come in he'll have to replace younis which i think difficult as Misbah won't drop him

----------

Azhar Ali? I think there isn't any better player than Shafiq

Yeah Shafiq is a good player but The thing i hate about him is that he doesn't make big runs when he gets a good start.Anyhow this is a common problem with Pakistani batsmen but still he does it most of the times.In his last 5 ODIs his average is just 21 and this includes matches against Bangladesh and Afghanistan

Last edited:
Yeah, can't get why Shafiq isn't in the team. Any particular reason?

Asad will get more chance once Younis khan is dropped. I hope for the sake of pakistan cricket that asad is given a go consistently and then see how he performs in LOIs. I think he will perform very well and will cement the place in this pakistan team. Disappointing to see him dropped every now and then. He needs to replace YK as soon as possible.

I do hope Pakistan win and India is eliminated.

People have been forgetting all the humiliation India have had recently, being blinded by Sachin's 100, Dravid's retirement and the IPL coming up. I just want to see India lose over and over and over till something is done to fix the shoddy condition of the Domestic system, the overpacked schedules, and the misplaced priorities of the BCCI.

Until things get better, for the long run, I am totally fine with India being humiliated in every game.

I do hope Pakistan win and India is eliminated.

People have been forgetting all the humiliation India have had recently, being blinded by Sachin's 100, Dravid's retirement and the IPL coming up. I just want to see India lose over and over and over till something is done to fix the shoddy condition of the Domestic system, the overpacked schedules, and the misplaced priorities of the BCCI.

Until things get better, for the long run, I am totally fine with India being humiliated in every game.

Unless the team that is humiliated almost every game (aka Bangladesh) defeat SL (they are unlikely to get lucky twice) and India lose horribly they are the finalists. They have a better runrate than both SL and BD.

Our domestic system is pretty competitive and good. In fact BCCI is taking steps to improve them. Dada was part of a committee which made recommendations recently and there is a meeting with all ranji captains coming up.

Overpacked Schedules - Who does not have it these days? Cricket Australia sent their team to west indies a day after they won the CB series. Even BD seems to be busy playing BPL and Zib.

What other misplaced priorities are you talking about? Please do not bring the IPL crap ...

Users who are viewing this thread