Asia Cup March 2011/12

Unless the team that is humiliated almost every game (aka Bangladesh) defeat SL (they are unlikely to get lucky twice) and India lose horribly they are the finalists. They have a better runrate than both SL and BD.

Our domestic system is pretty competitive and good. In fact BCCI is taking steps to improve them. Dada was part of a committee which made recommendations recently and there is a meeting with all ranji captains coming up.

Overpacked Schedules - Who does not have it these days? Cricket Australia sent their team to west indies a day after they won the CB series. Even BD seems to be busy playing BPL and Zib.

1) I said I want to see India get humiliated every game. I don't see how the realistic expectations of what is going to happen in the tournament is related in any way to what I said. Nor a jab at BD's past record. Neither is relevant.

2) You're talking out of your ass if you think India's domestic system is any good. And about the changes made? Read these:
Beyond the Blues | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo
Aakash Chopra on the proposed changes to Indian domestic cricket | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

I'm not going to bother to get into this discussion and list out all the flaws with India's domestic system to you. I'm going to leave it to you to do that research on your own. The above set of articles/blogs are a good start.

3) Why is what other countries do in any way relevant to a discussion about what India should do. Stop comparing India's players, team or structure to other countries, and stop brining countries into this. It makes you look like a stupid immature troll.

This is the reason everyone is putting you on ignore and mocking you, because you are unable to have sensible logic discussion but instead become completely irrelevant, argumentative and overly patriotic. And the few relevant things you say are mostly inaccurate and reek of ignorance. In essence, you are basically a waste of time to talk to.

2) You're talking out of your ass if you think India's domestic system is any good. And about the changes made? Read these:
Beyond the Blues | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo
Aakash Chopra on the proposed changes to Indian domestic cricket | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

It is pretty good since it still seems to produce good players. I did not say it was perfect or wiithout flaws. There are problems but atleast BCCI is taking steps to improve it. Eveyone blames pitches in India favoring batsman but they forget that is what Indians are looking for. They like Fours and Sixers..not dot balls and bouncers.

3) Why is what other countries do in any way relevant to a discussion about what India should do. Stop comparing India's players, team or structure to other countries, and stop brining countries into this. It makes you look like a stupid immature troll.

This is the reason everyone is putting you on ignore and mocking you, because you are unable to have sensible logic discussion but instead become completely irrelevant, argumentative and overly patriotic. And the few relevant things you say are mostly inaccurate and reek of ignorance. In essence, you are basically a waste of time to talk to.

Why is that you and many posters bring in BCCI, domestic cricket and IPL to every discussion. Why is that everything about India gets hijacked into such a discussion. No I am not being patriotic. I am just telling you what many Indians think. I would respect you if you bring these kind of discussions every time someother team loses. NZ was wacked yesterday, how many people are bringing in their board and domestic cricket. Noone is talking about BD boards priority. With such a poor performance they conduct BPL :D Yesterday Sachin scores a 100 and still all the trolls find a way to talk crap.

As Gandhi said first they ignore you, then they laugh and then you win :D:D Nice to know people ignoring me :thumbs:thumbs

Last edited:
You have to worry when trolls start developing Ghandi complexes :facepalm

So, you don't think that in a time of potentially too much cricket, Dhoni playing 50% more than any other cricketer is a sign of the issue Zorax brings up?

Oh, and comparing India, a country with cricket as it's national sport, with the richest board in the world and with over a billion people to NZ, a country where cricket isn't even close to Rugby and financially exists in a different world is just as nonsensical as everything else you post.

It is pretty good since it still seems to produce good players. I did not say it was perfect or wiithout flaws. There are problems but atleast BCCI is taking steps to improve it. Eveyone blames pitches in India favoring batsman but they forget that is what Indians are looking for. They like Fours and Sixers..not dot balls and bouncers.
And with that mentality they should, and they will, continue to remain in the middle ranks of world cricket despite having the biggest fanbase and the most money, and why true cricket fans will never like them. Because batting is only a third of the skills that are necessary in cricket.

The rest of the post is gibberish (did you just compare yourself to Gandhi? :facepalm) and so shall be ignored.

You have to worry when trolls start developing Ghandi complexes :facepalm

:mad:mad:mad

Dude seriously next time I see someone misspell Gandhi I am gonna spam your inbox. The spelling you use means dirty. Being British you should know how to spell his name :cheers

India's humiliation is not going to solve the problems (it will inflict more mental agony among the die hard Indian fan who spends his hard earned money to watch the team play) as the BCCI doesnt seem to care about it. Their bottom line is, does the money come in? If yes, they are satisfied. If the change has to happen, someone like Ganguly or Dravid should run for posts in the board and take on the BCCI and try to bring down the current regime (like how Sharad Pawar and his regime brought down Jagmohan Dalmiya's clout in the BCCI). Though Pawar himself was as dirty, this time the new team that comes in should work for India's interests.

Due to no competition, those BCCI b....ds are not moved to make the right choices and that in turn prevents us from progressing forward.

:mad:mad:mad

Dude seriously next time I see someone misspell Gandhi I am gonna spam your inbox. The spelling you use means dirty. Being British you should know how to spell his name :cheers

I think he would have thought his message more important than his name?

I would feel bad, if I'd actually offended Gandhi, but I haven't.

Careful Sai, according to Teamindia you're not allowed to criticise the BCCI. They are pariahs in a world of rich bullies. Or some such rubbish...

Shafiq though carries huge potential, you cant really write off Younas in a very crucial match tommorrow it will be a nerve holding match and Younas carries loads of experience so you have to give him chance anyhow, You have to take that risk.

I think he would have thought his message more important than his name?

I would feel bad, if I'd actually offended Gandhi, but I haven't.

Careful Sai, according to Teamindia you're not allowed to criticise the BCCI. They are pariahs in a world of rich bullies. Or some such rubbish...

They are not pariahs. But they are just being unfairly targetted here. Every single board in ICC is in the business of making money. Every board needs India to tour so they can be good financially and everyone complains BCCI of overscheduling. IPL gives players a good retirement fund and many domestic cricketers a chance to play with the best and get noticed. Everyone outside India complains. Targetting BCCI and IPL everytime India loses is stupid. It is just that they did not play well or the other team was a lot better. Move on....

Anyway moving on we have a high profile match coming up. Let us continue these arguments after the game.

Get ready for the mother of all cricket matches :thumbs

Last edited:
I am planning to be up for it tomorrow. May India win!:D If India win with a bonus point, would be awesome as it would mean Pakistan still have an outside chance of not qualifying (which means the tournament stays open till the last match).

Oh I am so pissed off at myself. I havent slept yet and not got to wake up play 11 a side football which means I will end up missing a big portion of the game tomorrow.

Would love to see India somehow get eliminated, I feel more confident playing Lankans/Bangladesh (not to mention I know 50 Indians and a few Pakistanis so I cannot handle another rant by them).

May Pakistan win and India be eliminate, so barring India the whole world is happy. Amen. :p

India's humiliation is not going to solve the problems (it will inflict more mental agony among the die hard Indian fan who spends his hard earned money to watch the team play) as the BCCI doesnt seem to care about it. Their bottom line is, does the money come in? If yes, they are satisfied.
I'll stop you there.

India losing means:
-less people tuning it to watch
-less sponsors willing to invest

That means...less money

That means...we finally get some proper change to improve the state of Cricket in India.

Whatever. Praying for India to lose against Pakistan is just plain stupid. There's no two ways about it.

Whatever. Praying for India to lose against Pakistan is just plain stupid. There's no two ways about it.
Why?

I do hope to see India lose. BD can make it through to the final then, and we might see some change in Indian cricket in the long term. Win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread