Asia Cup March 2011/12

Good win by India, and very well played by Kohli and Sharma and Dinda did alright, though it still doesn't change the fact that the Indian bowling line-up is a mess, and if India want to be dead-set number one again they need to really sort it out. They can't rely on the batsmen to always chase the big scores down. Don't know if it is a domestic thing, but it is something which needs sorting out.

It is indeed a domestic thing. The level of competitiveness in domestic cricket is lacking big time, and that coupled with the lifeless pitches and the system that encourages mostly batsmen than bowlers is what ails India a lot. A permanent solution is to completely re haul the system and push for more focus on producing better bowlers and balance the focus between batsmen and bowlers. People want to become Tendulkar or Dravid or Ganguly, but they rarely want to become bowlers. They dont have enough inspiration in the bowler's side.

It is indeed a domestic thing. The level of competitiveness in domestic cricket is lacking big time, and that coupled with the lifeless pitches and the system that encourages mostly batsmen than bowlers is what ails India a lot. A permanent solution is to completely re haul the system and push for more focus on producing better bowlers and balance the focus between batsmen and bowlers. People want to become Tendulkar or Dravid or Ganguly, but they rarely want to become bowlers. They dont have enough inspiration in the bowler's side.

People want to "see" Tendulkar or dravid or ganguly. Blame the market.

People want to "see" Tendulkar or dravid or ganguly. Blame the market.

Thats a different thing. If people see good bowlers rattling stumps of opposition batsman and if they see bowlers rattling batsmen with good pace and bounce, they will want to see bowlers do well too. There are attractive things about bowling too that can capture the market.

You really dont see the problem with our domestic system? All these bowlers who pick wicket by the bucketfuls look so inept when they come to international cricket (e.g. Dinda picks up lot of wickets in domestic cricket that Ganguly calls him the best fast bowler in the country, and in the last two Asia Cup games, Dinda has looked so inept against international sides)

People want to see match winners and it's rare that matches like these can be won by bowling. I mean the dynamic isn't for the bowler to test the batsman's ability to stay in, it's for the batsman to reduce the bowler to bowling filth. Even if you play the defensive angle, a single bowler still has to get well under 5 rpo to make life difficult. One or two wickets for 50 odd means little when there's others to score 6-8 rpo off. So the reasons fans want to see great batsmen are multiplied many times over.

----------

The thing about Dinda is that he took a lot of wickets in the Duleep Trophy, which should cut out a lot of the riff raff. If he's substantially below par, the only aspersion that might cast is on the ease of collecting lower order wickets. Perhaps it shows that the all-round skills are missing.

Kohli's done really well. Three tons in the past four games. Hope he doesn't become like Dhoni....

Whats wrong with Dhoni? He is among the best ODI players in the world right now.

Kohli will be the next player making 200, he has the consistency and attacking ability to maintain the strike rate required for 200. If he keeps this form up he'll be remembered as the best ODI player ever and probably will end up with an average of 60.

He does make ODI batting look effortless. The complete ODI batter?

Whats wrong with Dhoni? He is among the best ODI players in the world right now.

Strike Rate ? He slows down the game and tends to play an ODI as if it is a Test match. Whereas in a Test, he tends to go all out and does not play the waiting game.

Honestly, I have been disappointed with his captaincy. Even appointing Kohli as vice-captain, does not seem to go down well. Most of the time, you see Dhoni talking to Gambhir for inputs rather than Kohli.

Well Played Kholi and Team India Batting. Totally Outplayed Pakistani bowlers. Though Tendulkar was Ajmalized once more but he also played very fearless and was relax and for Kholi, He is indeed becoming one of the best match-winners in World Cricket If he carries on like this

For Us, Jamshed is a good prospect but needs to reduce his weight a bit I guess. Plus Umar Akmal should not be in the team IMO, He should be rested to get his brain right, The one whom you can't trust there is no use to put him in the team. I also have doubts on Afridi's attitude and issues. The body language was pathetic in the bowling or you can say it looked pathetic because Indian batsmen played so well. But it also exposed Misbah's Captaincy.

Most People are blaming Wahab Riaz for the loss, But I would say it was that "Cheema" from where Indian Batsmen gained confidence because usska tou ban gia the Qeema. Thats why folks I always said that Cheema isnt trust-worthy aur jis din yeh kisi kay hattey char gia bohat maar khayee gaa aur wohi hua.

I won't blame Wahab for this beating, You can't just put into the team straight-away based on his last-year performance. Give him confidence and make him play more matches and get rid of Cheema asap.

Umar Akmal is wasting his talent but atleast he is performing. Remember Sri Lanka? Yea I would rather prefer Riaz over Cheema, the latter is an average bowler and the former has a greater potential.

Afridi has been out of sorts recently with the bowl, hes trying to bowl too quick and forgetting he is at his best when he is flighting the bowl and mixing his variations. Either way Kohli destroyed us completely, and Misbah never really had genuine options to go to Ajmal being the only exception.

Kholi's such a beast. And it's not recent either - I remember him putting him some memorable performances before the WC as well.

He averages like 50 in nearly 100 ODIs; I think even if you were born yesterday, it'd be safe to assume he was doing stuff before last year.

1 Loss and pakistan team is bad :facepalm.why dont we agree kohli played v.well.most of the players were same who was performing great in previous series and now we are worst :lol..

Users who are viewing this thread