Australia and Pakistan in UAE

Looking forward to Swann vs Australia. He was doing the Indian's with drift, the best players of spin in the world, and considering it's apparently Afridi's drift that's doing for Australia, Swann should take hatfuls, he gets incredible drift. I'm sure Ben'll be pleased that Callum Ferguson finally failed with the bat, everytime Ben's been praying for him to fail he's made runs. Bout time Ben's prayers were answered!

Australia is all out for 168 runs. That last partnership might cost Pakistan.

Looking forward to Swann vs Australia. He was doing the Indian's with drift, the best players of spin in the world, and considering it's apparently Afridi's drift that's doing for Australia, Swann should take hatfuls, he gets incredible drift. I'm sure Ben'll be pleased that Callum Ferguson finally failed with the bat, everytime Ben's been praying for him to fail he's made runs. Bout time Ben's prayers were answered!
Too bad he doesn't have a doosra.

It was the doosra that was getting the Aussie batsmen.

Why the hell aren't we opening with Nasir Jamshed? What the hell is the point of having a full time opener in the team if he's not gonna open.

Here is something from cricinfo:

'They lost eight wickets for 27 in around 11 overs as the spin duo flummoxed the batsmen with their variations - Ajmal with the doosra, and Afridi with the googly.'

The funny thing is that Australia is resting players for the England tour, while actually Pakistan is currently ranked higher then England in both Test and ODI rankings.

From Afridi? =/ He's a leg-spinner, surely it was a googly?

Nah the doosra from Amjal, he only picked up two wickets but none of the Aussie batsmen were picking him. Afridi got most of his wickets from drift and alittle bit of spin.

But Amjal, wow he can turn his doosra a mile.

Why the hell aren't we opening with Nasir Jamshed? What the hell is the point of having a full time opener in the team if he's not gonna open.

I didn't expect they would bat already now. They probably bat 10 overs before lunch. Didn't expect Akmal to open and that's not good.

I am expecting a wicket before lunch. If not: it's good for Pakistan then.

Well, my prediction came out. Butt is already out in the second over.

Jamshed should come out. It wouldn't be good to send in Younis Khan now.

ZexyZahid added 9 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Pakistan are making themselves difficult by not scoring runs.

ZexyZahid added 9 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Within one ball, the score has almost doubled. Because of a no ball, Akmal hit two fours, so that one ball cost 9 runs.

And I just checked the scorecard. The amazing thing is that Pakistan didn't bowl a no ball.

Here is something from cricinfo:

'They lost eight wickets for 27 in around 11 overs as the spin duo flummoxed the batsmen with their variations - Ajmal with the doosra, and Afridi with the googly.'

The funny thing is that Australia is resting players for the England tour, while actually Pakistan is currently ranked higher then England in both Test and ODI rankings.

It's ironic, but not surprising.

aussies got foxed by both, googlies by leggie and doosra by offie.
I don't think the wrong'un was too prominent, it was there, but a lot of the wicket taking balls just went straight on, top spinning, if anything. Drift was the more accurate call, with batsmen all too often playing the wrong line. They were beaten in the air.

Australia can play spin. Even England is better.

Users who are viewing this thread