Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
philliphughes500x50001.png

The guy that is going to destroy England this year.

Manou is trying to find a County to play with during the Ashes. So that should be enough to not worry about picking a backup keeper.

Phillip Hughes is averaging almost 69 in first-class cricket. I'm predicting that he will finish his career as the greatest Opening Batsman of alltime.

Phillip Hughes is averaging almost 69 in first-class cricket. I'm predicting that he will finish his career as the greatest Opening Batsman of alltime.

I'd be willing to say that he will experience Hussey-esque form at best. However, I'm willing to say come out with some rash statements...

1. England should fear Hughes
2. Australia should fear Onions

Hughes is only 20 years old. His not entering International cricket at his peak and his already dominated the best fast bowler in the world in bowler-friendly conditions - Most worldclass batsman couldn't do that in their peak and Hughes has done it as a teenager!

If Hughes lives up to his potential then he'll finish his career as the Greatest Opener of alltime and the 2nd best batsman ever. I predicted Peter Siddle and I'm quite confident of Phillip Hughes.

He's yet to play a decent spinner.

He's yet to play in the subcontinent, the NZ, Aus, England, and WI.

He's yet to lose his virginity.

So let's give him time.

Hughes is only 20 years old. His not entering International cricket at his peak and his already dominated the best fast bowler in the world in bowler-friendly conditions - Most worldclass batsman couldn't do that in their peak and Hughes has done it as a teenager!

If Hughes lives up to his potential then he'll finish his career as the Greatest Opener of alltime and the 2nd best batsman ever. I predicted Peter Siddle and I'm quite confident of Phillip Hughes.

You didn't 'predict' Peter Siddle. You saw him, saw that he was an international standard bowler and noticed such (tbh, I did that after his first Test in India, but comparing me to you would be unfair on you(:p)). You did not predict his career, as you have for Hughes.

You didn't 'predict' Peter Siddle. You saw him, saw that he was an international standard bowler and noticed such (tbh, I did that after his first Test in India, but comparing me to you would be unfair on you(:p)). You did not predict his career, as you have for Hughes.
I predicted that he would rip through International batting lineups, which he has done to South African numerous times and that he would have more International success then Mitchell Johnson. Siddle currently has a lower bowling average then Johnson and is only getting better.

I predicted that he would rip through International batting lineups, which he has done to South African numerous times and that he would have more International success then Mitchell Johnson. Siddle currently has a lower bowling average then Johnson and is only getting better.

Has he had more success than Johnson over the same time period? I'd be inclined to disagree. Although he has bowled well, their success has been even, if not Johnson having the edge.

Has he had more success than Johnson over the same time period? I'd be inclined to disagree. Although he has bowled well, their success has been even, if not Johnson having the edge.
At the same stage of their careers, everyone thought Johnson was crap. :p

I'm sorry but how often is a 20 year old man reffered to as a teenager.

Rip? Lolz. He had good series against SA, who admittedly possesses perhaps the third best batting lineup in the world. Against India we saw he struggle direly. So did Johnson.

Rip? Lolz. He had good series against SA, who admittedly possesses perhaps the third best batting lineup in the world. Against India we saw he struggle direly. So did Johnson.

That's partly because of the pitches in India dude. South African pitches have a lot more juice in them to give the quickies some assistance with seam and bounce. Makes a lot of difference.

I'd be willing to say that he will experience Hussey-esque form at best. However, I'm willing to say come out with some rash statements...

1. England should fear Hughes
2. Australia should fear Onions

We are going peel this onion :p

Users who are viewing this thread