Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesyJames3 said:
Pieto has been sharp especially on the runouts.

By the way ppl come to the planetcricket chat room! its a great laugh!

I think Peietersen should practice his close catching. Shame on you James, you should not plug the chatroom in that way, put it on your sig :D

Sureshot said:
The biggest difference in this Ashes is that it's the Aussies that have been getting injured and not our players unlike the last several Ashes. Best team we've had in quite a while and i think everyone can acknowledge that.

Simon Jones and Andy Flintoff have improved throughout this series quite alot, Strauss is gradually improving vs Warne and Vaughan has got back into form, Michael Vaughan has yet to hit a 50 vs Aus but has hit 4 Centuries.

ASlso your forgettting about age. They are old and even if they do bring in Tait he will be inexperienced.....IN an ideal world i would like to have seen the England team now against the Australian team at their peak. That would make one hell of a series! :cheers

Yea, England would of won either way, it makes no difference, WERE AWESOME!!

Come to Planet Cricket Chat!

KP I don't think is a great close in fielder. He seems to have hard hands thus he won't be able to catch the rippers in close. But I didn't really see his brillance before this series so I can't judge.

you're right about his hard hands, or rather, it looks like he's trying too hard.
but we can rebuild him, we have the technology.

dropping tough catches in the infield is one thing, but id be more worried about strauss in the slips. that was a one in a million save by jones.

I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement on his close catching ability, but he certainly has the goods when it comes to out-fielding.

I don't think he should be singled out though, the standard of catching in this series on the whole has been quite average I think we would all agree.

Totally agree the fielding has been poor but Pietersen and Jones are the two that stand out the most. Gilly had a shocker last test but that was only once.
Its a shame we have lost all the good slips catchers.

aussie1st said:
Its a shame we have lost all the good slips catchers.
Freddie doesn't drop many, and Tres has taken a couple of smart catches in the slips so far this series.

The Aussie slips cordon was way better with Mark Waugh and Mark Taylor, but the current guys are usually pretty good. Hayden is remarkable for a man of his size. Ponting and Clarke are exceptional fielders.

The English slips aren't the worst. I don't think we will ever get one with the quality of Taylor, Waugh and Warne in it.

m_vaughan said:
Almost all bookies have Australia as favourites. So if you wanna make some cash, bet now.
Yeah, because all of the professionals clearly have no idea of what they're doing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread