Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest on McGrath is that his elbow is still receiving treatment, but aussie news seems to suggest that he'll be ok. risky though if he does play and it flares up during the game.

I'm excited to see Tait bowl, he could be the answer to our bowling problems - but if you think about it, australia has had enough chances to rip through england in almost all of their innings, so the bowling isn't of that much concern. It's the batsmen, but surely you can't keep that top order down for long, they are simply too good. I'm concerned that Gilly will not factor in this series - he seems to have great series, or poor series and nothing in between - unfortunately this seems to be a poor one.

Props to england for forcing the aussies to play an uncharacteristic style of defensive cricket - they're bowling well - but their batting lineup shouldn't be giving us this many headaches. Vaughny is looking good again - all he did was step back in the crease and move accross his stumps like he did in australia - it gives you all the time in the world to play McGrath on the up, and since he puts 98% of his balls in the same spot the runs are there for the taking.

The question still remains though, can england keep this up for 2 more tests? And can australia stay in such bad form for 2 more tests? The best thing about this ageing aussie side is that they know they can win from anywhere not matter how badly they're playing, and england know that as well - how they didn't drive home those last 2 tests is beyond me......maybe they can't actually believe the positions they are putting themselves in?

Crucial crucial toss of the coin - CALL HEADS RICKY

Nice post mate, yep crucial toss, Hoggard and Jones are key for England in my book as it almost always swings at Trent Bridge.

Looking at stats the team who bats first most of the time wins at nottingham.

I would of thought that will be right for the rest of this series. Both bowling attacks are reasonably decent and whoever bowls last will surely beable to get through the other side. Thats why the toss is the most crucial aspect of the upcoming matches.

Also i think tait could be crucial. If he bowls well England are in trouble if not i think we will be in for another close game. I know its a bit harsh but more than the batting Australia have lacked the extra bolwer (gillespie) and i think that cost them their form more than the batting. They are putting too much pressure on their batting by letting England get a lot of runs on the first day.

JamesyJames3 said:
I would of thought that will be right for the rest of this series. Both bowling attacks are reasonably decent and whoever bowls last will surely beable to get through the other side. Thats why the toss is the most crucial aspect of the upcoming matches.
These are two of the best teams in the world. If Australia or England have to chase 400+ in the 4th innings i think it is achieveable if they have enough time

Have you seen Tait bowl? Can you really say hes crucial if you havent? I think we should wait till after seeing him to say he is going to be a deciding factor in a match

I think almost every Australian who follows cricket has seen Tait bowl. I haven't seen much of him bowl but i know hes good. Fast and aggresive.

JamesyJames3 said:
Have you seen Tait bowl? Can you really say hes crucial if you havent? I think we should wait till after seeing him to say he is going to be a deciding factor in a match

Well i have seen Tait bowl. But either way he has to take some wickets and try and keep runs down to take pressure of Warne Lee and Mcgrath which gillespie couldnt do

aldersley said:
I think almost every Australian who follows cricket has seen Tait bowl. I haven't seen much of him bowl but i know hes good. Fast and aggresive.

I know he got a lot of wickets in the most recent Aussie season. Can any Aussies tell me if these were getting out good batsmen or just cleaning up the tail?

tait is a wicketakers thats all he does, attack attack attack most of his wickets are clean bowled

Tait inexpierenced to bowl to the batsmen , but we'll see in the 4th test how he bowls , lets hope the english batsmen can knock him of his rhytm and line .

According to himself he has had a rhythm problem over the last year or so. Hopefully the lack of action on this tour thus far will help this lack of rhythm re-appear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread