Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace-Ace said:
Once again the aussies are putting on a disappointing performance. Without mcGrath the aussies are getting hammered. And Tait isnt giving the english batsmen any trouble. :(

Patients my man. Tait maybe expensive but he can get the wickets as he showed. How was the ball that bowled Tres was it a yorker?

Ponting bowled pretty well it seems. Maybe he should bowl more often :D , he can swing the ball with his medium pacers. If Styris can get his medium pacers to work in test matches don't know why Punter can't.

Ponting was bowling well today at medium. He bowled at 80 MPH. That's pretty good. Didn't know about that hidden talent. But so far I haven't seen much bowling of Clarke. He wanted to let go off bowling, cause of his back. But still. Clarke used to get wickets. Also Katich can bowl too.

It was said when Clarke got this back problem. He had the potential to become a handy spinner. Probably won't happen now. Katich definitely should bowl as he bowls heaps in the domestic comp.
Ponting up to 80mph that is quick for him. That is around Kaspa, McGrath, Dizzy pace. :) Those guys wouldn't be happy with that given they are meant to be fast bowlers and Ponting a medium pacer.

Indiangod said:
2 quick wickets is what the australia needed despratley , but still its englands got the better of the 2 teams.

I don't think so. If you're Australia I think you're pretty pleased after the start England had.

Well I'll you guys the jokes of the day.

Someone e-mailed the BBC audio commentators and mentioned that the delivery, which Warne got Strauss, could be given the name ofShoosra. (Shoe + Doosra).

Well the funniest joke was that someone in a chat channel named Bell 'the Ganguly of England' :laugh

evenly posied 229-4 although if Kp and Flintoff bat for about 35/40 overs tomorrow it could be 500 runs up easily. Outfield got slower, Tait has promise but his action is a worry for his back when he is about 28ish, Clarke was superb in the field. Ponting bowled ok just wish we'd attacked him more.

stevie said:
:eek: Atleast Bell's scored some runs recently! :rolleyes: :p

Yeah, I know. Actually I had him in my fantasy line up cause of his two fifties in the past Test. And he underperformed again in this match. :mad

ZexyZahid said:
Yeah, I know. Actually I had him in my fantasy line up cause of his two fifties in the past Test. And he underperformed again in this match. :mad

hehehe, good ol' Belly!

Fair enough, Tait got it on the right line, but I can't help thinking Bell could've played it better. On Tait, he's the first bowler i've seen swing the ball conventionally this series!

If Australia can get an early wicket on day 2 then Tait may be able to rip through the lower order on pace alone. But we cannot let flintoff and Pietersen get away.

Both teams can get an advantage from the current situation.Either england with a lot of runs or the aussies with quick wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread