Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a good contest no matter who played.

Losing Jones is a big blow 18 wickets at 21 this series.

Anderson is the choice in my book, as he will take wickets yes he'll go for a few. But otherwise what if harmison and Hoggy don't bowl well, you expect Gilo and Freddy to take 20 wickets with a bit of help from Kp, Collingwood.

Yorkie Lion said:
well Concussion usually rules you out in most sports for a couple of weeks

Only if its a fairly heavy concussion. Mild concussion is a less than a week thing, particularly in non-contact sports.

I agree with you, simon jones is a big blow to england since is bowled well and taken wickets, but I think for his replacement it should be coolingwood.

Losing Jones in the last game is not what England wanted. Its a big blow but as big as McGrath out for 3 matches??? Hmmmmm.

Originally Posted by aussie1st
Which has been strengthen by the return of no average McGrath. He will also be at 10 what an achievement.

A promotionn for McGrath :eek: What is the cricketing world coming too! :eek:

Anyways, he makes it a little easier to knock the tail over! :p Sooooo in a way Simon Jones being out has been cancelled out by the return of an average McGrath, with bat and ball :D

@ irottev. No, because England's bowling acts as a unit, if one doesn't perform the others will step up. Australia are having to rely too heavily on one man, Shane Warne.

JamesyJames3 said:
A promotionn for McGrath :eek: What is the cricketing world coming too! :eek:

Anyways, he makes it a little easier to knock the tail over! :p Sooooo in a way Simon Jones being out has been cancelled out by the return of an average McGrath, with bat and ball :D

Well Tait can't do everything :D The whole series I have wanted to see how good McGrath is with the bat against the best bowling attack Aus have faced in ages. Now hes at 10 he knows he has an extra batter to stay with him. :D

This will truely test his ablity to keep his no average for the series.

as an aussie i hope anderson plays, hopefully he will let haydos off the hook and let him get a big score:D

Haydney couldnt play anderson in the ODI

Anderson was awsome in the one day games

I hope he does fail again so that they will finally sack him

Last edited:
Well its getting closer and the weather indicates that there will be a result. And saying that Anderson should play because Hoggard will get smashed if there isnt swing and Harmison hasnt been showing the best of his form lately. The complete opposite of the aussie bowlers except tait. Lee is in form and when he wants to he can bowl excellent deliveries (Flintoff ball last innings) McGrath you can count on any day, and then youve got that Shane Warne.

If Australia win the toss and bat i think they have an excellent chance of winning. If England win the toss then i feel it will be a closer match like the others in this series. So i hope England win the toss but its out of my control.

I backed Australia at the beginning of this series and actually thought McGrath was right after lords but England have played excellent cricket and deserve to be 2-1 up but with all those close finishes they could be 2-1 down. I agree with warnie 2-2 would be a fair series result but i dont think Australia deserve to lift the ashes just for getting a draw in the series. BUt i guess thats what you get for dominating world cricket for the last decade

langerrox said:
as an aussie i hope anderson plays, hopefully he will let haydos off the hook and let him get a big score:D
Haydens dismissals
Hoggard: 3
Flintoff: 3
Jones: 1
Giles: 1

Jones has only got his once, so he's not being let off the hook really. He's been double hooked by Hoggard and Flintoff, lets hope he can break free today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread