Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilchrist and Hayden need to fire in this test. I reckon Hayden's position will be in jeopardy if he fails to deliver in this test (he has failed to cross 70 in his last 30 innings :eek: )

If Hayden fails again he should be shown the door. Steve Waugh the captain didn't get this many opportunites. He even had to prove himself. Hayden must have had far than enough chances to prove himself. He has had a whole Ashes series.

I couldn't sleep. This is the most excited I ever remember being about cricket. We could actually win the Ashes... do you understand how huge that is? (for us!)

I would say Anderson should play, because upsetting the balance of the bowling attack used so far could mess things up. But I think Collingwood is a better cricketer than Anderson and far less likely of letting the side down. The last thing we need is Anderson to bowl 0/130 and give the match away.

If we have to field first, I would shamelessly have Vaughan and Giles on bowling negatively for long long spells this afternoon. I think we really need to bat first.

langerrox said:
whos playing ?anderson or collingwood?

Not announced yet

yeh the stats show it
Unless the weather conditions force a change in thinking, the captain who wins the toss is almost certain to bat - that has happened in 77 out of 87 matches so far. And the pitch here is usually one which is excellent for batting on the first three days, before becoming much more bowler-friendly - the average runs per wicket in each of the four innings since 1995 is 42.89, 42.53, 24.20, and 21.25.

aussie1st said:
If Hayden fails again he should be shown the door. Steve Waugh the captain didn't get this many opportunites. He even had to prove himself. Hayden must have had far than enough chances to prove himself. He has had a whole Ashes series.

well, if that is thew case, i will be proud to say that i treveled from good ol' Adelaide to cairns to watch him score his last century.

England are playing for the draw from the get go. You can't win a match against Australia if Giles is your 4th bowler

yeh, any news on the 12th man? who is it for england

like is anderson going to actually field or are england going to be cheap and get that fielding speciliast?

squiz said:
England are playing for the draw from the get go. You can't win a match against Australia if Giles is your 4th bowler

Well frankly putting spraygun Anderson in wasn't an option. I still think they should have hauled Darren Gough out of international retirement for one more game :p

Come on England lets win the ashes in style, I want to see a solid performance from the openers, and the middle order as its good enough to give the Aussies a solid score to chase. Dont let us down and prove this aussie side is not what it was .

Umpires let the English batsmen off again. Trecothick hit in front, going to hit leg stump, not given. Height not a problem, pitched on middle and leg

squiz said:
Umpires let the English batsmen off again. Trecothick hit in front, going to hit leg stump, not given. Height not a problem, pitched on middle and leg

Your so hard done to you Aussies.
Outragous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread