Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
m_vaughan said:
How you liking the game mate?? I wont buy it unless you give me the green signal.

Havent played it yet mate, expect me to post my review either friday or saturday. :)

Partnership of 33 runs. English batsmen getting some confidence. Pietersen on double figures.

Lee got Jones. It is 79-6 now.

G D McGrath is world best bowler (fast/medium bolwer's catagory)...old horse still have the enough power !!!

Giles was out, but it was a no ball. He survives.

Now he gets him! Lee gets Giles of the last ball of the day.

Day goes to Australia. We trail by 98 with 3 wickets left with Pietersen in.

McGrath :clap: hope that works :D

tsyrmas said:
im off now gents. btw, no hard feelings to any 1, i just take my sport very very seriously. and... CMON AUSSIE

As long as you stay in the lines it doesn't bother me.

Another thing i think Flintoff was unlucky as it stayed very low. Should have bounced another 1 foot higher. But McGraths spell was stupendous.

First two sessions for England. But Australia made it all good with the last session.

Credit where it's due, England's superb performance this morning has been put into perspective by the Aussies (well, McGrath) this afternoon. His spell must've been one of the best I can remember seeing; he was getting the ball to jag back into the right-handers down the slope like an offie - unplayable. He was also well backed up by Lee (and to think he wasn't gauranteed his place in Tests when the tour started :eek: ). Runs only came a bit easier for England when Gillespie came on.
Having said that the ball did keep low at times and then flew through at others, (whats the odds on this game lasting 3 days?), but does this opening day point to a series dominated by both teams' bowlers?
As an England fan of many years I'm gutted that our early initiative has been wiped away, but what a day's cricket! Who needs supersubs, powerplays and all that ****e to liven things up when the proper form of the game gives us this much entertainment?
Roll on tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread