Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's good to see the poms on the back foot,loosing as usual.Great stuff by mcgrath,the best fast bowler there ever was, has ripped england apart with apparent ease.Pity, the english top orderwere'nt up to scratch.No supprise really!Just though we might see something out of the blue.Ohh well.

I bet the poms got overconfident and thought that they were on course to win the first test.But now they are saying the match is not over yet.

Now they are hoping they still have a chance to compete.Go AUSSIES

Last edited:
Everyone should remember that the people on this board are not actually playing the cricket out there. So what we say has close to no effect on what's happening out there.

This pitch is one of the worst ever

Had this been Mumbai, Ponting would have appealed to ICC.

Mumbai pitch was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better

That pitch isn't that bad, it's just the slope of the ground and the English conditions that are doing the damage

Ashley Giles, is he in the team to anything? He just seems a liability. He hardly bowled in the One Dayers, didn't bowl in the first innings, is he there for his batting ability or something? I think it would be much better bringing in Chris Tremlett or Graham Thorpe if Giles isn't going to do anything

Last edited:
they should make ptiches with zero help for bowlers, the conditions will do the job

many matches in india are draws anyway.

we give pitches at bangalore and nagpur which helped aussies.

spinners have to work very very hard for wickets, non-asian spinner who are not hard worker don't succeed

squiz said:
Ashley Giles, is he in the team to anything? He just seems a liability. He hardly bowled in the One Dayers, didn't bowl in the first innings, is he there for his batting ability or something? I think it would be much better bringing in Chris Tremlett or Graham Thorpe if Giles isn't going to do anything
Vaughan and Fletcher are huge fans of Gilo, who has improved over the past couple of years. He may not be able to get as much turn as Warne or Murali, but he can bowl a tight line and contain batsmen. He can also occasionally add a few with the bat. Yesterday was obviously a day for the seamers (Warne only got a couple of overs at the end), but if, and that's a big if, the match goes into days 3 and 4, Giles should get some overs in. Admittedly I'm not his biggest fan, and the thought crossed my mind as to whether the selectors should drop him for Thorpe, but who else have we got to bowl slower stuff should the need arise ?

Ashish_Nehra said:
This pitch is one of the worst ever

Had this been Mumbai, Ponting would have appealed to ICC.

Mumbai pitch was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better

Seen worse.

The groundsmen said that it was a second day pitch yesterday, he can't control the dry weather we've had and hosepipe ban.

McGrath utilised the slope with maximum effect.

rocklara said:
I think England's blunder was to leave Thorpe out. Warney actually helped england literally pick their best 11 which would have included both Kevin and Graham. Against any opposition least of all the Aussies you will need the experience, and Graham should that against us in the C'bean, literally taking the game away, with that 119 in Bridgetown. I think that is a crucial mistake, which can cost the English the Ashes yet again.

The way McGrath bowls to Lefties? no thanks.

Ah it fun watching English hopes rise..only to be crushed by something known as reality

Nope it's called McGrath, we bowled your lot out for 190.

im an aussie, and i hate all english cricketes, as most of u would no. but i rekon bell has quite a career ahead of im. i rekon u should stick by him, he looks good to me. also, when flintoff was bowled for a duck, it looked as if he just gave up playing a shot. it was wierd. meh, im not complaining bout yesterdays play

out of anyone i was expecting you to lambast us, cheers. They showed the balls path on hawkeye and it died down alot, not alot of bounce should have bounced about 1 foot higher.

First over of McGrath went for five runs.

Warne gets Hoggard. England 101-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread