Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
jonah said:
Stating the obvious but we need some quick wickets after lunch or it's going to be an uphill struggle; the Ozs look more in control of their batting so far...
well that obvious cuz everyone will be a lot more careful now.

We aren't just slashing at everything that comes our way now. We know that we've got 3 and a half days to play with, so there's no rush

squiz said:
We aren't just slashing at everything that comes our way now. We know that we've got 3 and a half days to play with, so there's no rush
Maybe thye wont though if the weather forecast is to be correct, with rain coming in all day sunday, i fancy england though still, wit super kev in our ranks.

Well yeah he has had a good time with the bat and is giving it his all, but you cant drop three catches in a crucial match like this.

Having said that I think the Aussies have done well. I still believe there is something in the pitch for the bowlers, and if Australia get an overall lead of 300+, it will be tough for england to chase. I also expect Warne to be a crucial factor in the 4th innings of this match.

squiz said:
3 dropped catches on test debut, that would be some sort of record wouldn't it?

Suppose it would be, but it wouldnt be Australia if they had abit of luck :p , i see you havent mentioned that he hit both Mr MGrath and Mr "drugy" warne for sixes. :p ;) :)

To be honest I would be very uncomfortable if we only got a lead of 300. At the current rate, that should be our lead by the end of today's play. So with 3 days to go, we need a hell of a lot more on the board to pressure England back.

Australia 184-3. Australia lead with 219 runs.

I think at the end of the day you can expect a lead of about 330.

It doesn't look good for England at the moment.

Haven't heard from gas all day, wonder where he is :p

Australia are 3/211 with both Clarke and Martyn knotching up 50's, hopefully they can go one further and make tons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread