Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sureshot said:
These rules (subs) only work for the lucky captain/team who wins the toss.

So if you win the toss you have 12 players and your opponent has 11. Unless of ocurse you choose a bowler.

The captain should name 12 before the toss then choose the starting 11 after the toss.

england collapse again!!!

Our Ashes team will be different, and more reliable.

The Powerplays should be set imo. ODI cricket is a batsmens game so the fielding team shouldn't choose when they bowl them imo.

1-10 and then 20-25 and 35-40 for the Powerplays.

These rules will benefit the strongest team (Australia) whereas the ICC should be making it harder for Australia so the cricket scene is tighter.
Yes another disappointing collapse by England. But they are playing well below their best. I would say about 60-70%. Infact I think the England batting has flopped all summer (apart from the Headingley match and some of the games against Bangladesh), and they need to get things back into place before the 21st.

I am not giving up hope in this match just as yet, but England will have bowl exceptionally well (with one less bowler thanks to the stupid subersub rule got to be named before the toss) to get back into this game.

I do not agree about the Powerplay with Sureshot. I think its okay the way it is atm. To be honest it hasnt made ODI cricket any different from before.

One thing is certain. England have to play Graham Thorpe in the first test, even if Pietersen scores a hundred today. Thorpe is crucial, especially after looking at these frequent England batting collapses.

Sureshot

Executive member
Play both imo. Never spins at Lords. play Hoggard, harmison, Jones and Flintoff as the bowlers with Vaughan Pietersen and bell bowling a bit

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
228/7. Solanki has come useful...and we now know that Gilo can bat...but Pieterson! He did it again!

Sureshot

Executive member
it's always been known the Giles is handy with the bat that's why he play over Brown.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah the Aussies are cruising to a well deserved win here. Gilchrist doing a good job. England have played poorly today, nowhere near their best.
But I think at the start of the summer if you had given me a 2-3 against the aussies, I would have taken it.

trinidevil69

Club Cricketer
what a shot to bring up his hundred

---------------------

there goes ponting... unlucky.. came down the wicket.. played onto pads... rolls to jones... ez stumping

Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Well that was a p*sstake. Well played Aus.

Sureshot

Executive member
m_vaughan said:
Yeah the Aussies are cruising to a well deserved win here. Gilchrist doing a good job. England have played poorly today, nowhere near their best.
But I think at the start of the summer if you had given me a 2-3 against the aussies, I would have taken it.

3-3 including the 20/20.

Hardly a friendly was it? Full strength teams by both.

sachin

International Coach
Well,i was impressed by englands performance at the end of their inning,Pieterson,and Solanki (as well as a handy knock by giles.I was supprised at how good he was.)really plaed well to give aus any sort od target.

BarmyUK

School Cricketer
I was there!! It was a good match but sadly England did not perform, i vote 100% to get rid of Vaughen from the ODI side, he averages 28 and his highest score is 90*. Well batted Pietersen and Solanki, the 6 KP hit which kasprowicz caught over the boundary was just near me :D

What was Gilchrist doing when he got a century??? He looked like some immature kid scoring a century for the first time, same when they won...

angryangy

ICC Chairman
As soon as I walked into the room and saw that smooth cardboard coloured pitch, I immediately thought 300. There was no hope for England's pacemen if they didn't have a glut of runs on the board. The English top order allowed Australia to carry out it's plans freely (like McGrath's 4 maidens), and thus Australia were successful. Any batman of quality can put 10 on the board, but 10 from an over will have the fielding side worried.

The real winner of this game was Dave Sheppard. Farewell, crazy dancing umpire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread