Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
brad352 said:
EVER? :eek:

Bowls far too many sh*t balls in between the good ones, much like Lee

You know i almost felt sorry for you guys and then i remembered what a bitter and twisted liittle bunch you really are

Hmm, barely at present. Certainly not ever. He was too inconsistent in this match and kept bowling at the legs rather than in the channel. Harmison will need a lot more performances like like year before he can be considered anywhere near being the second best ever.

barmyarmy said:
Hmm, barely at present. Certainly not ever. He was too inconsistent in this match and kept bowling at the legs rather than in the channel. Harmison will need a lot more performances like like year before he can be considered anywhere near being the second best ever.

Take the PAIN boys EH take the pain

One of the most amazing matches ever!An amzing performance by the Aussies,just shows what champions they are,and how weak the poms are.

barmyarmy said:
Who said he was the second best ever!Show me the fool,who ever considered uttering such a stupid thing.:mad

To add some spice in the aftermath of this, read this segment of the article:

Kasprowicz was caught down the leg side by wicketkeeper Geraint Jones off Harmison, signalling scenes of jubilation from the England players and the capacity crowd.

However television replays revealed that Kasprowicz had taken his bottom hand off the bat when the ball hit his glove. Under the laws of cricket both hands should be on the bat for a catch off the glove to be legitimate.

But a defiant Harmison said on Channel 4: "I'm not too fussed. I though it hit the shoulder of the bat. Whatever. He was given out and we won the Test match."

England legend Geoff Boycott said: "The umpire couldn't be expected to see that."

robbed!!! lol

good technique would have been to get out of it's way and let it go for byes. geez a tie would have been funny though.

just got back from Edgbaston, the most amazing match I've ever experienced. Lots of respect to Australia for coming so close, and I really felt for Lee to lose like that after batting on with a busted hand.

So far, this Ashes series has been a tremendous advert for the game - 1-1 in two excellent matches, and I hope the rest of the series can live up to it.

Is there any news on Lee's hand? Being there live I didn't see any replays or discussion on TV about it. With back-to-back tests, this could leave Australia in trouble for Old Trafford - they might be missing both McGrath and Lee.

Lee should be ok, there was no talk of an injury on channel 4 following the result and I would expect him to pull through to play at Old Trafford on Thursday.

Also am very excited now as I am off to the crucial test next saturday. This Old Trafford test in my opinion is the one to determine England fate in Ashes 2005.

any word on the pitch? it must be pretty close, considering the game starts thursday.

i hope it's a five day pitch.

ZexyZahid said:
To add some spice in the aftermath of this, read this segment of the article:

Kasprowicz was caught down the leg side by wicketkeeper Geraint Jones off Harmison, signalling scenes of jubilation from the England players and the capacity crowd.

However television replays revealed that Kasprowicz had taken his bottom hand off the bat when the ball hit his glove. Under the laws of cricket both hands should be on the bat for a catch off the glove to be legitimate.

But a defiant Harmison said on Channel 4: "I'm not too fussed. I though it hit the shoulder of the bat. Whatever. He was given out and we won the Test match."

England legend Geoff Boycott said: "The umpire couldn't be expected to see that."

That said, there was an LBW decision that did not go Harmsions way that was out on later viewing. I think the luck balanced it self out during this test match.

I cant tell you about this pitch, but I would expect a normal Old Trafford pitch! That would be one too bat on first and get some runs as it is more than likely to deteriorate rapidly. Pitches at Old Trafford often spin big 4th and 5th day and also are prone to getting wet should we have a little rain.

themuel1 said:
That said, there was an LBW decision that did not go Harmsions way that was out on later viewing. I think the luck balanced it self out during this test match.

lbw is different though, it is a prediction and the umpire must be certain, so it is open to the umpires interpretation of events, whereas a catch is a very specific occurence. what i mean is there is a difference between "bad luck, that was/wasnt out" and "bad luck you nearly got him".

themuel1 said:

In that 51 partnership there was also an very clear LBW appeal against Jones. Don't know when it happened, but I saw a screenshot and don't understand why it wasn't given.

But this last wicket was of more importance as you understand. And beside this was not a LBW. This was a catch.

And saying that 'the umpire couldn't have expected seen this' is rubbish. It is the umpire's job to see that.

Also to note before the Test series that Ponting wanted to leave catches on fielders decision and Vaughan not. It this was referred to the third umpire it could easily been seen that it wasn't a legal catch.

In that 51 partnership there was also an very clear LBW appeal against Jones. Don't know when it happened, but I saw a screenshot and don't understand why it wasn't given.

it happened the over before feddie was out..cost no runs..

and if we are talking about poor umpiring decsions, how about Pietersen " caught" off the body/elbow and Bell " caught-behind" when he hit his pads..

if pietersen had stayed in the target would have been much larger, as the Aussie have no clue how to get him out ( except when he's slogging with the tailenders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread