Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously?

woodzy said:
I still think Ian Bell should be dropped for Collingwood but I think they'll give Bell more time

I don't if avoidable you don't change a Test winning team. Would australia drop Clarke if they won a test if he hadn't scored runs? I would seriously doubt so.

Bracken would be my choice. He was unlucky enough to play in that horrible series against India a few seasons back that were played on some of the flatest pitches I have ever seen in an Australian summer. But his ODI record is exemplary (28 wickets at 19.71 from 17 matches).

In any event Bracken (43 wickets from 11 matches @ 18.79) was the best performed quick last season behind Tait (65 wickets from 10 matches @ 20.16) who is actually under consideration and given he is a little more experienced, should be the next in line. It would be nice to see an Aussie quick that can actually bowl a yorker in the side!

tremlett give him ago

Dropping Hoggard would be atough call but the guys out of form seam position is all over the place. im a yorkshire fan and hes been struggling all season
if the pitch is hard and bouncy ( THATS THE WORD) i think Tremlett is a contender the Aussies are getting hit on normal pitches im beginning to think Langer likes it:}
Tremmlet gets it to steeple off a length man are we a west indian attack or what:} bring back AGGERS AND FRASER:}

What do ya think lads
ps ED JOYCE HES A CERT FOR INDIA

I'd be happy to see trmlett get a game, cos Hoggy is not good at bowling to lefties and he's not swinging the ball.

If the pitch has bounce, picking a 6ft 7inch seamer would make sense

Eddie said:
I'd be happy to see trmlett get a game, cos Hoggy is not good at bowling to lefties and he's not swinging the ball.

If the pitch has bounce, picking a 6ft 7inch seamer would make sense

Did you not see the Hayden dismissal at Lords?

Hoggard won't be dropped, remember who took 32 wickets in RSA, don't get me wrong tremlett is a good bowler but why drop Hoggard? He's doing ok imo.

And yeh Joyce will go on the winter tours.

Sureshot said:
Did you not see the Hayden dismissal at Lords?

Hoggard won't be dropped, remember who took 32 wickets in RSA, don't get me wrong tremlett is a good bowler but why drop Hoggard? He's doing ok imo.

And yeh Joyce will go on the winter tours.

Hoggard is no good at bowling when there is no swing, he does not present any problems with the batsmen. When he has got swing he can be world class, but otherwise he's ordinary. Give someone else ago.

Sando said:
Bracken would be my choice. He was unlucky enough to play in that horrible series against India a few seasons back that were played on some of the flatest pitches I have ever seen in an Australian summer. But his ODI record is exemplary (28 wickets at 19.71 from 17 matches).

In any event Bracken (43 wickets from 11 matches @ 18.79) was the best performed quick last season behind Tait (65 wickets from 10 matches @ 20.16) who is actually under consideration and given he is a little more experienced, should be the next in line. It would be nice to see an Aussie quick that can actually bowl a yorker in the side!

Yeah, Bracken was arguably the hardest bowler to play all season, I think his economy was about 2.2. Obviously, another season like that and he will have to be in the squad.

Been on Hols the last 10 days or so, was only able to catch some of one the best test matches ever, however managed to get home in time last night to watch the Sky Sports highlights of the whole test from 8-10 pm. Absoulty brilliant, just two things Pitersen was defiently not out, however i thought bell was out due to the camara from behind showed him just edgeing it to the keeper, i no that these have allready have been disscused but thought i would have my pennysworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread