Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
warne is spinning this thing like mad!! i bet the English batters have butterflies in them

If they bat 3 session its gonna be a draw though it looks like

wifler said:
Apart from some of their batting :D:D:D
Nice one mate. :)
Well honestly, I will have to agree with you on that one.

adthomp said:
warne is spinning this thing like mad!! i bet the English batters have butterflies in them
The English batsmen may also get nervous facing Michael Clarke. Could Clarke repeat his 6/9 performance in India? :)

i dont understand what the umpires are doing, offered light for spinners bowling?

duffarama said:
Nice one mate. :)
Well honestly, I will have to agree with you on that one.

The English batsmen may also get nervous facing Michael Clarke. Could Clarke repeat his 6/9 performance in India? :)

No. Simple answer to that. England off for bad light again!

When Warne goes what will happen to the Australian side? Whats everyones opinions on this, e.g. is there anyone that can replace for the long term, i.e a promising youngster. (not Mcgill!)

Last edited:
You are kidding me... they are off to bad light again.

Laws:
If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light are so bad that there is obvious and foreseeable risk to the safety of any player or umpire, so that it would be unreasonable or dangerous for play to take place, they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to commence or to restart.

Excerpt from:
http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-3-the-umpires,29,AR.html

How the hell is it unsafe with Warney and Clarke bowling? :(

duffarama said:
You are kidding me... they are off to bad light again.

Laws:
If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light are so bad that there is obvious and foreseeable risk to the safety of any player or umpire, so that it would be unreasonable or dangerous for play to take place, they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to commence or to restart.

Excerpt from:
http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-3-the-umpires,29,AR.html

How the hell is it unsafe with Warney and Clarke bowling? :(

You wanna be asking why your boys went off yesterday and day before mate and your captain about some of the decsions hes made this summer :rolleyes: ;)

Yorkie Lion said:
You wanna be asking why your boys went off yesterday and day before mate and your captain about some of the decsions hes made this summer :rolleyes: ;)
True, but answer this: How can the umpires deem it unsafe/dangerous to the batsmen when 2 spinners are at either end. Why are they even giving the batsmen an option to go off the ground? Why are they offering them light?

Yorkie Lion said:
Fast bowlers = danger
Relatively simple, no?

They said they had a reading that they offered the aussies and they took it, so they are suing that reading for england too, and it its the same then they have the option to play spinners, then if another reading is worse than that, they have obviously decided they have to offer it as it could be 'dangerous' the point is they have a reading which is worse.

brad352 said:
Fast bowlers = danger
Relatively simple, no?
Exactly Brad, and as the commentators said: not once this series has Shane Warne bowled one over chest high. Not sure how Warney could injury a batsman anyway.

They should 'only' use that reading that the Aussies went off with for 'fast' bowlers. It shouldn't apply to spinners because it doesn't put the bastmen in danger.

Yorkie Lion said:
Didnt seem to bother them this morning YES ? :D :D
Because we want to win... We were offered the light on account of it being dangerous, we declined. England however should not be offered the light as it is in no way dangerous, we have spinners bowling to try and make a game of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread