Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so the next Ashes is in Australia in 2006??? Wow, thats gonna be an even bigger affair!!!!

Sour grapes anyone?

That messsage was not directed at the Aussie fans I have spoken to who have been nothing but sporting and honest in defeat but at Willv88. Why can't you just be graceful in defeat like the majority of your countrymen? We have had to put up with losing The Ashes for 16 years. And by the way if our pitches 'suk' as you put it and only suit our bowlers then how do you explain the fact that we haven't won it for so long?

This time around we were simply the better team. it was very close but we edged it. Not down to the pitches or anything else but good exciting cricket.

what got austrealia beat the most was arragance and age

its time for some changes warne just turned 36 today hehe

Last edited:
I think a bit of both really aust had no respect for the English bowlers early on there so used to mickey mouse bowling attacks

they didn't try and adjust till the 4th test really

the bowling attack of england ive scene since WI

ohh and btw a interesting stat

England just hit the most 6s in a 5 test series in history they hit 36 WI with richards and all them was 32

I think it's interesting how 4sight (or any hi speed cameras that have been used, really) has shown us that modern bats will hit sixes without connecting perfectly.

The big difference between current England and the 70's/80's WI in this respect is that WI players would have grown up seeing batsmen not ever hit sixes, in fact they would probably have been taught to not hit the ball into the air ever. Current batsmen know it's possible to hit a number of sixes safely.

Damn! I was up all night watching the match....

Oh well, I guess England were just the better team on 'thier' pitches in 'thier' weather with a out of form Australian team (C'mon we got beaten by Bangladesh!)

But hopfully this will spark cricket back up in England! And hopfully it takes over that crud sport of soccer :boxing

.::Stevo::. said:
Damn! I was up all night watching the match....

Oh well, I guess England were just the better team on 'thier' pitches in 'thier' weather with a out of form Australian team (C'mon we got beaten by Bangladesh!)

But hopfully this will spark cricket back up in England! And hopfully it takes over that crud sport of soccer :boxing

I thought the Aussies would have learned to play on 'our' pitches and cope with 'our' weather by now considering most of the team has played County cricket before.

Maybe the better team just won this time around, like the better team has beaten us for the last 16 years. We've been playing excellent cricket for 2 years now. This wasn't just a flash in the pan.

I agree that hopefully it will spark cricket fever here. I think it's already begun to be honest. The crowds have been awesome this series. Don't think it will ever be as popular as football, but I think the popularity has grown heaps after this series. We'll get a good idea at the parade tomorrow I guess.

The pitches were fantastic I thought. How can you say they were bad possibly? The weather sucked in the last test but I suppose that means it was meant to be. Before Australia started the England tour I thought they would win the ashes easily. Then they got beaten by Bangladesh which was disasterous, had injury to McGrath, Out of form Hayden, Martyn, Kasprowicz, Gillespie, Katich and Gilchrist. Through the series they had bad umpiring decisions against them (the umpiring in some instances were shocking despite the pressure and noise they had to put up with.) Things just never went their way, 3 runs for victory, its amazing how important that moment was.

I enjoyed watching the series, there were some amazing test matches, some of the best ever. Some of the cricket was average at times but some was fantastic (Warne especially, Flintoff was great both bowling and batting) This series has made cricket much more popular and interesting. Cricket was the winner.

Well done England,you truly deserved the win. Let me eat Humble pie.for as i can recall, i said it would be a thrashing handed out by Aus to the Poms. I can't wait for the next series,then we can thrash your over inflated Pommie heads.:D

I stayed up to 1am watching, Giles and Pietersen at the crease.....woke up early to catch the rest of the test, saw Vaughan and his "chums" cheering, turned the tv and went back to bed an angry little boy :(

Well done England, they deserved it. After the way we played this whole tour (ODI's included) we were never going to win it.

Warney and Freddie thoroughly deserved Men of the Series, they were both awesome players throughout.

I think the team needs a shake up. Tait shouldn't have been in the team, Nathan Bracken deserved it a lot more than him and those conditions would have suiting him down to the bone bowling swing bowling.

In 2 years time we'll have our revenge, and you poms can go back to doing what you do best.....whinging ;)

That's all I've got to say on the matter

I've just got out of bed with a major hangover - but who cares :D we've got the ashes back!!! an unbelievable summer of cricket is finally over and congratulations to both sets of players for the way they performed, but why is it that you Aussies can't admit that maybe the reason your players didn't perform up to their normal high standard is because the England team bossed you and didn't let you perform? another reason is also that they are a group of players on the decline at the wrong end of their careers.

m@c said:
but why is it that you Aussies can't admit that maybe the reason your players didn't perform up to their normal high standard is because the England team bossed you and didn't let you perform? another reason is also that they are a group of players on the decline at the wrong end of their careers.
That doesn't explain the county losses and the loss to Bangladesh does it? We were just terribly out of form, with the exception of Langer, Warne and McGrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread