Australia tour of SA 2014

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pup purple patch seems to have disappeared, really making the others stand up. Warner has continued his form from the Ashes just need Rogers to do the same.

midgetwars

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So weird seeing Clarke not score runs when batting at no.5 and 3 for not many. It's when he stood up and scored his 4 200s +

You would think he would even be better now practising against Johnson and co.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So weird seeing Clarke not score runs when batting at no.5 and 3 for not many. It's when he stood up and scored his 4 200s +

You would think he would even be better now practising against Johnson and co.

Gets complacent with other reliable batsmen IMO.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
I am hoping for saf to wrap up today. Is the weather forecast still bad tomorrow?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
And they wrapped it up today. Dale steyn! What a match winner!

For the next test, mclaren for parnell should be the only change.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Not sure if you're recommending the change based on performance or injury. If he gets fit, I don't think Parnell should be dropped because he did bowl well in the first innings.

C Boomer

Club Captain
South Africa showed great depth of character and determination to stand up and be counted and (unlike England) did not get overawed by the the Australians and the Mitchell Johnston X factor, a magnificent victory to square the series and set up the next Test match !

Awesome cricket ! :yes

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
South Africa showed great depth of character and determination to stand up and be counted and (unlike England) did not get overawed by the the Australians and the Mitchell Johnston X factor, a magnificent victory to square the series and set up the next Test match !

Awesome cricket ! :yes

very true! England looked outdone and undercooked for almost every game, SA were fresh and willing for a fight but they also had the firepower to fight back with, the batting was exceptional and Amla's second innings century was sublime but that Steyn spell, I know everyone keeps talking about it but it was just THAT good. Fast, reverse swing...it was like watching a young Waqar Younis.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
^ Not sure if you're recommending the change based on performance or injury. If he gets fit, I don't think Parnell should be dropped because he did bowl well in the first innings.

Recommending it based on injury. Parnell impressed me with his much improved control and speed in this test. Abut i like mclaren too who seems like a very hardworking guy who gives his 120% every time even though he is limited when it comes to raw talent. But yes, parnell is more of an impact player than him.

Also i was impressed by elgar's off spin. Very good control when it comes to line and length. Was hitting the dark footmarks almost always.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Order is restored, Australia cops a belting away from home and Steyn wakes up and rips apart Australia. The pitch looked was starting to get abrasive. I would have been interested to see how much turn could of occurred on Day 5.

The only positive is that the margin of victory was bigger for Australia in the first Test #positiveaustraliancricketfacts

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Order is restored, Australia cops a belting away from home and Steyn wakes up and rips apart Australia. The pitch looked was starting to get abrasive. I would have been interested to see how much turn could of occurred on Day 5.

The only positive is that the margin of victory was bigger for Australia in the first Test #positiveaustraliancricketfacts

I was watching the game last night and Chris Rogers and David Warner had survived the new ball and went through to Lunch. I went to bed happy at that stage. I got a shock when I woke up in the morning. Good win by South Africa though and a really impressive spell of fast bowling from Dale Steyn. A batting collapse is not foreign to Australia.

Chris Rogers making a hundred in the second innings was a rare highlight for Australia. His place in the team is always under pressure but that hundred once again reinforces how important he is at the top of the order.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I was watching the game last night and Chris Rogers and David Warner had survived the new ball and went through to Lunch. I went to bed happy at that stage. I got a shock when I woke up in the morning. Good win by South Africa though and a really impressive spell of fast bowling from Dale Steyn. A batting collapse is not foreign to Australia.

Chris Rogers making a hundred in the second innings was a rare highlight for Australia. His place in the team is always under pressure but that hundred once again reinforces how important he is at the top of the order.

I fell asleep soon after Australia were 3 down. I woke up in confused seeing Mitchell Johnson (from memory) walk off. I was still hoping it was a dream this morning.

This 4th innings by Australia reminded me of the 4th Test at Durham last year. Australia, 0 down, looking fairly comfortable and chasing a big target but still looking like a good chance of victory. Suddenly a few wickets fall and it is all over. Admittedly, the target was much bigger at Port Elizabeth but it does have some similarities to it.

Users who are viewing this thread