Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Ashraful is so strange, he seems to struggle to get to 30, but if he does, he is a different player.

pest

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hail the king of spin!

The king of spin is about to claim the title he so desereves. Isn't it poetic justice that he might achieve this goal in the country that gave him the most difficult time. He has now been ranked fourth in the all time list just behind Imran K.... of which S Warne is 25th.

MURALI WE SALUTE YOU ...YOU ARE THE GREATEST EVER.

PEST

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This series doesn't really help the argument that Murali doesn't pick up that many cheap wickets, eh? Although, to be honest, his ability to get it done even when it's there to be done is remarkable.

I look forward to Murali over-taking Warnie in Australia. It would be perfect. Of course, the Australians could defy him by throwing their wickets away to Vaas and Malinga. :)

charith

Club Captain
This series doesn't really help the argument that Murali doesn't pick up that many cheap wickets, eh? Although, to be honest, his ability to get it done even when it's there to be done is remarkable.

I look forward to Murali over-taking Warnie in Australia. It would be perfect. Of course, the Australians could defy him by throwing their wickets away to Vaas and Malinga. :)

Yeah it isn't his fault that SL play so many tests against bang and zim. He was actually rested for the 2001 bangla tour where they played 2 tests. Just a matter of who he plays. If he played any other team on a regular basis he would get a similar amount of wickets. check this out.

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/columns/content/current/story/301714.html

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
The king of spin is about to claim the title he so desereves. Isn't it poetic justice that he might achieve this goal in the country that gave him the most difficult time. He has now been ranked fourth in the all time list just behind Imran K.... of which S Warne is 25th.

PEST

What list is this that has Shane Warne in 25th place?

Murali does pick up a lot of cheap wickets but he can only perform against the team put in front of him.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh is 6/117 after 30 overs chasing Sri Lanka's total of 6/234.

PEST

Warney 25th in what? :help

Another wicket falls for the Bangladeshis.

Reza goes caught by Tharanga at long on off Jayasuriya's bowling.

Bandara gets a wicket caught and bowled and Bangladesh slump to 8/131.
Mortaza just spooning it back to him. Bad shot.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka beating Bangladesh by a big margin in the end. Hope the Bangla Tigers can put up a better effort in the rest of the games.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Warne > Mruali.
Let the controversy begin.

What controversy? It's true. Whilst Murali has taken the majority of his wickets against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, Warne has done it against England and South Africa, the extremes of bad and brilliant.

Animator!

School Cricketer
By controversey I meant the verbal battering I'm probably going to recieve as soon as a SL fan see's that.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
By controversey I meant the verbal battering I'm probably going to recieve as soon as a SL fan see's that.

That would be pure bias though. To 99% of the non-Sri Lankans, Warne is the best spinner.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Yeah. Murali has taken a vast amount of wickets against teams like Bangladesh or Zimbabwe. I know he's taken over a hundred against these two.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
LMAO at the above. I'm sure there are more than enough threads covering this topic that it does not warrant you trying to hijack this thread. Hope a mod deals with this appropriately.

Sureshot

Executive member
This is the Bangladesh in Sri Lanka thread, keep it on topic. We've had more than enough Murali threads to deal with the situation.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wow.
During the Sirils Innings, bangla looked good! Fielding was on top, bowlers were top class.
Though I didn't watch the Bangla batting, its quite an atrocious display. They have enough good-quality batsmen to chase down/at least get close to this target.
Tamim, Ashra...so many!

Users who are viewing this thread