Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe 2009 (5 ODIs)

Had Mehrab opened the innings, we would have had a much better chance of chasing down the total. Shakib's captaincy wasn't really good today, why did he let Mehrab bowl 10 overs instead of giving Naeem and Mahmudullah more overs. Oh wait Naeem didn't even bowl today.

Mahbubul was terrible, he is a good new ball bowler who is not really suited to these conditions cause he is only effective when the ball is swinging. We really missed Nazmul today.

lets not even start from that ^

lets start from, why bowl 1st on a batting pitch?? same pitch where you score 300+ 2 days earlier! even Alam kid batted well. showed how easy it was to bat on that pitch.

now we can go back to promoting Naeem so up the a$$ i mean order! wtf. and he didnt even bowl. Riyad only bowled 2 overs.

we had 9 bowlers. except keeper and Tamim, every one bowls. but they kept going with Alam. its our 3rd string bowling attack. 1st we lose Mash and Razzak, then we lose Rubel, and in form Nazmul. and now we are bowling with Alam, and who do we have reserved? another new and crapy bowler.

Good win for Zim though. its good for them. finally they were all smileys. Good Knocks from the middle order.

who sticked this thread??? thats bad luck! :laugh and where is the biggest fan ZZ? he wasnt here at all was he? during the game? i dont see he posted any!

Didn't bowl well enough, and made strange decisions while bowling. Naeem sent to open and not bowling. Mahmadullah got only 2 overs. Alam persisted with despite bowling poorly.

Bangla can do better, I'm pretty sure they'll bounce back.

really, i dont get how Naeem can open? you drop opener Junaied and take Mehrab Jr. and he bowls 10 overs and bats low down the order? so they dropped opener for a lower order bat? you use your opener to bowl 10 overs and let him bat down the order. while you use your lower order bat to open and dont let him ball at all.

J and Tamim was doing pretty well, and they had to go and break it!

stupidity. thats all. it was the oz coach siddens who dropped Junaied from the team.

now J is back again, and Mehrab is dropped. so you just drop him after playing one game? why drop J in the 1st place.

Buchanan Jr.

Zimbabwe are of to another good start, currently 78-1 after 13 overs. Coventry has just brang up his 3rd ODI 50.

Damn, wish this was on TV. Love watching Zimbabwe play teams they can be competitive with.

Coventry's going along very nicely, he's pretty much keeping them in the game. Hopefully he can get to three figures.

Bring's it up with a single, he needs to carry on though.

Last edited:
Good innings from Coventry. Has looked very solid.

Zim should push to about 280 here, but the commentators are saying it's a very flat track.

Alam is a puzzling bowler. Capable of bowling real gems, but also utter rubbish. Perfect outswingers and vicious bouncers mixed with short and wide filth, half volleys, wayward wides, no-balls and fulltosses. Definitely needs to be more consistent, maybe pick up a tip or two from Rasel?

PowerPlay to come, Zimbabwe should be looking at 300 at least. Elton Chigumbura has just come to the crease and he's a fantastic hitter of a cricket ball.

What are you're thoughts on Shakib's captaincy, it's been pretty poor tbh.

He seems to 'chummy'. Friends with everyone, giving everyone a go with bowling, giving Alam a second spell. It's all fine and dandy when the match is won or the series is won, but not in a crucial game like this. He has to be stricter. Alam should have never gotten a second spell.

Two huge LBW appeals, and they both looked good. Haque Jnr. bowling, both failed sweep shots. Next ball goes for four, Haque must be pissed.

ZoraxDoom added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

And Bangladesh drop a sitter. I don't know who the fielder was. Things aren't going their way today, they're losing their cool.

Users who are viewing this thread