Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe 2009 (5 ODIs)

Rubel Hossian is out for the series. he got back problem. Shakib also suffering from chronic groin injury for months now. he should be rested, if we can win the 3rd ODI.

Good news, who said he was going to be out for eight months?

the news papers
but real good news!

One big problem for us are the run outs, we've had 4 stupid run outs in this match as well.

Shakib's innings was the key in this match, really we're nothing without an in form Shakib and Ash.

3 stupid runouts really, one was unlucky.

And Shaq (I'm calling him that from now on) was pretty lucky to get his 100. He tried a reverse sweep off one ball, fell over, it went high into the air and he was dropped. He was dropped again a few overs later when he tried Ash's paddle scoop and sent it straight to Ray Price at short fine leg who spilled and incredibly easy catch.

lol apparently its the 9th fastest 100. but to me it looked like he wasnt playing for a 100. after he got a 50 he was going nuts. didnt matter if he got out. playing carelessly. thought they had enough on the board (thats not good!!! ). so yes he is very lucky. i bet he is shocked himself too.

and i would call it a Ash Scoop. Shakibs is weider :laugh he started playing that since India tour of BD after WC07. 1st match 1st ball he faced. i remember it b/c commentator was LOLing very hard and was going "childish"

Shakibs

Ash's scoop
2nd
3rd

Some credit has to be given to Raqibul as well, he played some big shots and took some pressure of Shakib.

but while fielding he got cussed by Shakib again. Shakib got mad at him in WI too, when his through was little off. and on 2nd ODI vs Zim, he threw one in very hard for direct hit. and Shakib couldnt hold on to it at the bowling end, so he got mad and called him a Kamchura. :doh (and some other stuff but i dont feel like writing Banglish). but Roqib took the last wicket. a direct hit from the rope :p

Actually they should be like bros to each other cause they have similar names :p But who knows, cursing might be a way of showing love for them.

Cricinfo has learnt that Junaid Siddique and Nazmul Hossain could be left out for Mehrab Hossain jnr and fast bowler Mahbubul Alam.

what? why? why would they do that? they should have kept the same team until they confirmed the series. Nazmul did great with the bowl. Junaid had the starts with the bat.

MacLovin added 18 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Nazmul has injured himself in the practice and the thigh strai has ruled him out of the third ODI tomorrow.

oh thats why he is dropped. ok thats 4 bowlers now. Razzak, Mash, Rubel now Nazmul! :(

LOL ZIMBABWE SCORED 323 RUNS IN AN INNINGS.

That's hillarious. Bangladesh owned! I hope they get hammered.

Go Zimbabwe!

lol, Bangladesh getting ***** 16/3. Could this be a record win for Zimbabwe. I sure hope so. Always nice to see the underdogs win.

Zimbabwe are looking good to win the match. They managed to score 323 runs in their innings and Bangladesh are now already 3 wickets down for 30 runs.

:eek:

Where the heck did that come from. Shakib's gone now, 39/4.

Elton Chigumbura has already clocked up 63 sixes in his one day career, one behind Jacob Oram. Get him into the IPL.

Last edited:
Mahbubul playing a bit of a cameo here and Mehrab is trying to stick in there so we do have a chance.

Screw the top order and why open with Naeem?

Mahbubul Alam was fighting alone till the end,even Mohammad Ashraful batted well. But fianlly Zimbabwe won the match,but still the visitors leading the series by 2-1...

Users who are viewing this thread