Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

It's impossible to chase this total down cause we surely won't get 90 overs of cricket tomorrow and we have lost couple of wickets as well. I hope we can draw this test match and hopefully Ashraful remains aggressive and gets a good score under his belt in this match to get his career moving again.

It's impossible to chase this total down cause we surely won't get 90 overs of cricket tomorrow and we have lost couple of wickets as well. I hope we can draw this test match and hopefully Ashraful remains aggressive and gets a good score under his belt in this match to get his career moving again.

if am not mistaken, Ashraful was like the tendulkar of Bangladesh once upon a time right ?

if am not mistaken, Ashraful was like the tendulkar of Bangladesh once upon a time right ?

Imagine Tendulkar, but 90% of the time he gets out for next to nothing.

The other 10%, oh my ... poetry in motion, beauty and power and concentration.

Where I'm from, over at Banglacricket.com, we call him Eid, because Eid happens once a year.

Eid happened when we scored 400 batting last against Sri Lanka.

It would be so great if the Deshis got up!

If by `got up`, you mean Bangladesh winning, the odds are pretty low simply because play will most certainly start late and if they try to chase it down, they`ll mostly end up giving more chances to the Indians.

Just a few points:

1. I guess Sehwag wasn't wrong after all. :D
2. Bangladesh have played good cricket. Most no one expected them to be in the game on Day 5, although the bad weather has contributed to that.
3. Bangladesh should be looking for a draw. When you're a developing cricket nation, a draw is as good as a win. A draw here would be as bad as a loss for the Indian team.

Good game for both sides, expectedly far more for India than for Bangladesh. Thw 'ordinary' side claim still stays (coz inspite of India playing at 50-60% of their potential, they are staring at the finishing line even before Day 5 starts). But such sides can also have their days of good cricket, which Bangladesh had.

Gambhir is a machine, just a machine! Wish Ishant and Sree take up the mantle more tomorrow and let Zaheer stay in the background, and finish the game off.

Ashraful was picked up right from the streets! Literally! He is as natural as it gets. He didnt come through all that academy and crap. And to be able to hit a test 100 at age 17 on your 1st match is the best it could get. And he is so called Tendulkar of Bangladesh (idk where you heard it but ok...) b/c until these current young bunch in the team, Ashraful used to be the only hope of win. As soon as Ashraful gets out, the winning probability would go down to ZERO, and they would just turn of the TV

Thats why he is Tendy of Bangla, its not a comparison, not saying he is a legend, gifted and skilled player like Sachin

And what Khalek said :laugh

At the end of day, commentators were saying that 75 overs will be bowl tommorow. If that would happen, for winning Bangladesh will have to score at 4.5+ per over which seems a tough task. A draw will be a good achievement for Bangladesh. But i think India should try to win this test as a draw will be worse than a defeat atm.

Amiya added 3 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Ashraful was picked up right from the streets! Literally! He is as natural as it gets. He didnt come through all that academy and crap. And to be able to hit a test 100 at age 17 on your 1st match is the best it could get. And he is so called Tendulkar of Bangladesh (idk where you heard it but ok...) b/c until these current young bunch in the team, Ashraful used to be the only hope of win. As soon as Ashraful gets out, the winning probability would go down to ZERO, and they would just turn of the TV

Thats why he is Tendy of Bangla, its not a comparison, not saying he is a legend, gifted and skilled player like Sachin

Yeah i still remember his 100 in the natwest against Australia and against India in the test. Such a talented player. Even now he starts his innings well but just fail to converts it into big score.

There is not replacement for him, at least for now. May be some 1 from U-19 team in few years. But no matter how much he sucks, there is a feeling when he is in the XI.

and Shahriar Nafees GOTTA GO! He was never good. He cant face anything over 120kmph.
and Kayes got too many chances in this tour, so give Siddique a chance again.

I can list more than a dozen players who have scored 100s very early in their careers and now they are nowhere. Afridi[scored fastest hundred in ODI in his 2nd match], and most of the pakistani openers who score centuries on debut ....:p:p

No matter how crap our bowling is, there is no way Bangladesh is winning this match. Even if they play 90 overs.

If Bangladesh wins tomorrow I will fufil wish of everyone here and close my account on PC :p

Users who are viewing this thread