Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

@Pixel

except Ashraful was actually 17...

but i thought of a similar thing. Most of the good batsman of this decade made a duck when they 1st came in. Go check out some of the great players 1st match... you will see.

the 1s that scored big on their 1st match, turned out to be a failure.

I liked Alok Kapali more than Ash.

@Pixel

except Ashraful was actually 17...

but i thought of a similar thing. Most of the good batsman of this decade made a duck when they 1st came in. Go check out some of the great players 1st match... you will see.

the 1s that scored big on their 1st match, turned out to be a failure.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't think Akmal and Trott will fair to bad though. I really have high hopes for Akmal though. Looks a very good player. Trott also is a good batsman. That innings at the Oval was pretty much full of class, against a pumped up Australian attack. He struggled against Steyn, but then again... it's Steyn, so it's acceptable.

No matter how crap our bowling is, there is no way Bangladesh is winning this match. Even if they play 90 overs.

If Bangladesh wins tomorrow I will fufil wish of everyone here and close my account on PC :p

Dont do that sid. No matter how much disagreements we have, you're one of my favorite posters on PC.;) We wont lose, heck we might even win it.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't think Akmal and Trott will fair to bad though. I really have high hopes for Akmal though. Looks a very good player. Trott also is a good batsman. That innings at the Oval was pretty much full of class, against a pumped up Australian attack. He struggled against Steyn, but then again... it's Steyn, so it's acceptable.

off top of my head, Dhoni got a duck on his 1st match. he got run out. and look at him now.. Sanath too i think..and there are many more

(EDIT)

oh and Ponting got 1

Sachin, double ducks ODI. Though it wasnt his 1st match all together, it was his 1st ODI, but he had already made test debut couple of months earlier

Dont do that sid. No matter how much disagreements we have, you're one of my favorite posters on PC.;) We wont lose, heck we might even win it.

I am not going anywhere. ;)
Unless Ishant and Sreesanth decide to do one up on me.

scion_sid added 4 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Look at Marvan Attapatu's stats for ducks

One thing I noticed about the Bangla players when batting and also it was mentioned by some commentators that the players block one ball, and then try to score runs off the next ball; and the pattern continues. :laugh

Expecting us to wrap this up in the second session tomorrow. Yes, I'm being optimistic, but with the firepower of Zak, Sree and Ishant, we really should make light work of this.

Expecting us to wrap this up in the second session tomorrow. Yes, I'm being optimistic, but with the firepower of Zak, Sree and Ishant, we really should make light work of this.

No really being optimistic, Id say realisitc. If Bangla lose 2 wickets in the 1st session, it will definitly be over before Tea.

Hopefully the Bangladesh batsmen show some fight and keep their wickets in tact. To draw from here would be a great achievement for them, and who knows if they can keep wickets in hand they could give the total a shake. Haven't seen the pitch though so don't know if what they need is practically impossible or not.

Have they ever drawn a test against India? I cant imagine they have, unless 2-3 days got rained out

as usual, if only they had scored a lil more in the 1st inn. 310, 320 woulda been good, now they would be chasing less runs now, or India would've had less time to post a target and batted a little longer.

Have they ever drawn a test against India? I cant imagine they have, unless 2-3 days got rained out

yes they did, last tour, back in 07. i think it rained on the 3rd day

If Bangladesh go for the total, they could end up losing the game. We have seen that they lose their wickets when they go for their shots (due to their inexperience). And even if they defend, they are not as likely to save it and their captain has said that they are going for the win. So I expect India to find it a lot easier to take the required wickets and win the game (unless a miracle happens which I dont rate very highly).

Thats been the story of the whole game. And you havent made any light work of it so far ;)

Carna Tiges

PS I really hope the weather doesnt wreck the last day

Don't forget the game against SL in 2008/09! Deshis almost chased down 500!

Users who are viewing this thread