Blast to the Past - 1st ODI Australia v England, celebrating 40 years

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Take the batting PP. Are they saving it for White and Hussey?

Owzat

International Coach
From tidy figures Yardy gets tonked for 17 runs, Strauss' use of his bowlers is not good in ODIs. If you're going to bowl someone like Yardy then I'd suggest bowling him through when he's bowling quite tightly, when wickets haven't fallen he's just going to get tonked entering the last third of the innings.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
btw during those overthrows, did KP put a tobacco in his mouth?

Owzat

International Coach
Take the batting PP. Are they saving it for White and Hussey?

I suspect they simply don't want to risk losing wickets, I think a lot of sides/captains feel the power play is as bad as it is good.

Personally, while I wish they'd ditch such nonsense as tactical power plays (make them fixed, not tactical), if I was captain I'd take it as soon as the ball is changed. Too many sides get their knickers in a knot over it, delay it late/too late, just have fixed power plays aka fielding restrictions as it saves all the bother.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Batting powerplay taken :D I hope, Pup can smack few now :p

----------

Clarke's defensive innnings comes to an end. He struggled to get a single boundary :eek:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Interesting change in the order, Smith promoted in the batting powerplay. Thought White or Hussey would come in. Must be experience for the WC as that is all I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread