Brendon McCullum or MS Dhoni

Size of the ground doesn't really make any difference. Smaller grounds, it's hard to get 2's and 3's and the angles to the boundaries are smaller. Bigger grounds have a lot more gaps so 2's and 3's are very common. It takes a bit more to get the ball over the boundary, sure.
They seem to even each other out.

Can't we just send them both in at 3 in a match against each other and then see who makes more runs....:p

Dhoni is a tremendously underrated ODI player, but I'd currently rather have McCullum in a current ODI team due to his good form. In Tests, I'd go with Dhoni due to him being a better wicket keeper.

Hmm, i'm not sure about Dhoni being the better keeper. McCullum takes some unbelievable catches, and he's not dropped a catch on this current England tour. He's incredibly consistent, keeps fantastically to Vettori, is amazingly sharp and has brilliant reactions. I'd go for McCullum in both forms, his form is unbelievable at the moment, he just needs a few hundreds in ODi cricket to really seal his form.

Hmm, i'm not sure about Dhoni being the better keeper. McCullum takes some unbelievable catches, and he's not dropped a catch on this current England tour. He's incredibly consistent, keeps fantastically to Vettori, is amazingly sharp and has brilliant reactions. I'd go for McCullum in both forms, his form is unbelievable at the moment, he just needs a few hundreds in ODi cricket to really seal his form.
I believe Dhoni is the better keeper. Dhoni is very safe behind the stumps and adapted to English conditions (in a particularly swinging year) very quickly and well. Dhoni's stumpings for some of the Indian spinners has become legendary too - as quick as a hiccup (obviously, not a very bad hiccup, nor the ones which resemble burps...but you catch my drift).

There may be doubt over which is the better batsman, but I really think there is a big gap between them with keeping. McCullum is much better

McCullum is a better batsman and keeper in all forms of the game, would take Brendon every day over Dhoni

Now that Gilly's gone, Sangakkara is definitely the world's best wicketkeeper batsman. No doubt.

McCullum or Dhoni?

In terms of being aggressive, McCullum for me. I've never really seen Dhoni play an awesome innings. McCullum just strikes it amazingly well. That 150 odd in the first game of the IPL was just insane. Best I've ever seen someone go off. Although Gilchrist's hundred was up there too.

But agreed that Dhoni is overrated.

Dhoni has some limitations to his technique. But he makes that up by trying as much to adapt to the situation and fights hard to keep going. His batting has waned off but he still is a very reliable ODI batsman and the way he batted in the CB series by shouldering the responsibility and taking the team to victories, I rate him a very good ODI batsman. I havent seen much of McCullum, so cant compare

Dhoni has a very long way to go in tests. In fact, there could come a point where he might have to give up tests and concentrate on ODI's if he has to survive. His technique is just not cut out for tests abroad (Indian wickets, he can manage easily!).

I like McCullum better, I'd rather watch him than Dhoni, but Dhoni is a much more reliable player and probably the better of the two.

I don't know though.

Users who are viewing this thread