Brendon McCullum or MS Dhoni

Still struggle to see how people think Dhoni is a better keeper than McCullum

dhoni .. he's calmness over tense situation just makes things easier and our team wins

mccullum maybe good in test or whatever ... but dhoni is good in alll forms of game and this is the universal known to

all:D

dhoni .. he's calmness over tense situation just makes things easier and our team wins

mccullum maybe good in test or whatever ... but dhoni is good in alll forms of game and this is the universal known to

all:D

Eh, sorry to burst your bubble but Test Cricket is a form of the game and the most important/significant.

Last edited:
Probably can fly out of the window.

Probably can fly out of the window.

To me, other hardcore cricket fans and players, it will/should. However, in India, people tend to prefer the 'crash, bang, whallop' style of cricket. They want quick runs and quick wickets. As we've seen before, they are rather impatient and I think this is another reason why T20 cricket has done well in India.

If one compares for how long McCullum has been in the business compared to Dhoni, was McCullum as good as Dhoni comparing the time Dhoni has been in International Cricket.

McCullum was not so impressive earlier compared to last one or two years. . .Dhoni will turn out to be better player when the two will retire. .

If one compares for how long McCullum has been in the business compared to Dhoni, was McCullum as good as Dhoni comparing the time Dhoni has been in International Cricket.

McCullum was not so impressive earlier compared to last one or two years. . .Dhoni will turn out to be better player when the two will retire. .

McCullum made his debut for New Zealand 5 Months after his 20th birthday, Dhoni made his when he was 23-24?

That is why McCullum ODI average is so low, he was pushed into international cricket to early and for the first 4 years averaged 22, while batting at seven. In the last 18 months he has pushed that average up to 28. He has averaged around 50 with a strike rate of around 110.

Plus Dhoni is older then McCullum to.

lol you dont watch much cricket do you?

actually i do bro
and alot of commentators said that dhoni has a very good cricketing brain and he always remains cool in tense situations. the commenatotrs even said it pak vs india recently

but i do admit
i havent heard too much about mcullum
i suppose hes good if u guys talk so highly about him.

As a player in my team i would go for mcculum. Always. But as a captain or leader Dhoni. Dhoni has a good cricketing brain. He is far more consistent that Mcculum but in fairness Mcculum is surrounded by average joes when he bats. Dhoni has potentially Sehwag, Sachin tendulkar, gambhir and other fairly talented players who are certainly not average. Thats why Mcculum should be in the middle order. Imagine if Mcculum played for India and Dhoni for NZ...

I was just reading over this thread, it was a pretty good read.

What are people's opinions now, has Dhoni well and truely past McCullum. I still think McCullum is a far better keeper, actually I think he is the best in the world. But his batting hasn't kicked on, and he isn't as consistant as Dhoni. Add in the fact McCullum doesn't seem to be as scoring as quick as he used too either.

Neither what? I'd say it's between these 2 for the best keeper in Test cricket. It would be Sangakkara, but he no longer keeps, and the rest are good in 1 area, not consistent across both. Prior's a very good batsman but his keeping is poor, Haddin's keeping is average and his batting so far has been average, Jayawardene's keeping is very good but his batting lets him down, Ramdin's a good keeper but very inconsistent with the bat, Boucher's a good keeper but also not too solid with the bat. I'd say it's between Dhoni and McCullum for the best keeper in the world stakes.

Users who are viewing this thread