CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

Hello again. :) I think I've played with this patch for quite a good while now, so I can safely say that you've done a really good job for test matches, Boss. Unfortunately, that's all I can comment on at present since I haven't tried any ODI or Twenty20 matches. Batting and bowling were both improved. I especially like the fact that the CPU is more aggressive now when they're batting so two thumbs up for that.

When it comes to batting you've done a great job, but I remember you talking about there being too many edges in tests prior to you fixing that error. Not sure if this slipped through the cracks or if I just haven't played the game enough, but I was getting a HUGE amount of edges on a hard pitch. Straight driving and on driving (my most used shots) became virtually worthless and almost guaranteed an out. I had to resort to leg glance and sweep shots and I can only take that for so long. It seems like that hard pitches are the only ones where this is a problem. I just got done batting on a dry pitch and saw very few edges. I've also played around on a green and damp pitch and they worked well, except for those dang damp pitches slowing down the ball, but that's not your fault. :)

One final thing that I'm not sure if it's your patch at fault or the game itself, but I was batting for an extremely long time when this next error cropped up. I'd wager roughly 83 overs. Once I got to the 74th or 75th over it kept warning me that Bangladesh had taken the new ball before the start of every over. Hehe, that may not be a problem as it may be rare for me to ever bat that long ever again, but maybe you could fix it for people better at the game than me. Keep up the great work. Your patch has made the game much more enjoyable for me.

Boss I checked your 50 version today and I was impressed with it as previously I checked 20 over one I will say that swing seam and speed was realy evident and also six hit shot was not working every time and was only working when hitted properly.I will definately say a good work for this one.

When you are going to release your new patch?

Sorry Guys!, can't ans u for a few days as i went o.o.st. Any how will add replies tomorrow!.

Hero said:
When you are going to release your new patch?

i think!, exactly 2 weeks left mate..., i.e. on 9.10.2005 (Sunday)

Boss

Last edited:
It is nice to hear that you are releasing your next version which is not far away.I want to tell you my expression about your 50 over config as I have witnessed that in normal mode game is really nice in batting as sixers are often mistimed but hard mode is looking easy to me as far as six hiting is concerned but other asdpects like swing and seam is looking better in hard mode so pay some attention to it.
I donot know why is so but for next patch make six hit difficult especially for 50 over config and bit more edges so we focus more on ground shots rather than sixes and yes shots are really nice to play.

Last edited:
nuthing against u!!

hey karthik!! tell u somethin'!! ur patch might not be the best around but if u culd fix some bugs ...it culd well be 'en route to glory!! wuz really thinkin loong and hard bout releasing one for myself...but juz felt i wuld give it a while since my work ethic is too tight ... but thats not all.. i decided against it cuz i felt ur a truly worthy patchmaker and that u wuld try and make a stupendous bet....but i wuz a touch v-bit perplexed!! really!! the amount of edges and the lack of enough power 'nm the backfoot shots make this patch quite a nightmare!! if these couple of bugs are looked upon seriously by u... ur patch wuld surely stake along the best of the kind around!! cheez!! :cheers

**Note:u know wat?? i could have juz said this is awesome...wow....and praised u like most of the others here do...but just thought,u being a chennaite wont misread my post and wuld try and understand the core of my post!! deep down its only obvious that i want u to work on those little bugs too so u can be just as good as u were in crckt-'04**

Thanx For The Stroke Files List Mate :) ! Definite Reps For Ya ! :cheers

btw, is your name karthik ?? my name is karthik too .

and i am gonna try out your patch today and give you a detailed review

Enter the Squad and Line-up Editing...

Finally am able to break into the Squad and line-up Editing. (Thanks to Collin, brad(for his offset files)). More details abt the hex edit will be added later. First of all let us try the save game file attached here. This is the one of Test Match(ICC Super Series) btw TEST WORLD XI and Aussies which will be held shortly. Here i edit the TEST WORLD XI squad with out any Aussies in it. The Squad contains (not exactly the ICC 11, but my prefered 11)...

G.Smith, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Lara, Inzi, Fleming, Trescothick, Flintoff, Jayasuriya, Kallis, Pollock, Sangakkara, Murli, Vettori, Kumble, Shoaib Akhtar, Harmison, Bond, and Vaas.

Hope u'll enjoy this Exciting and Tough game.

The Complete breakup of Squad/line-up Hex will be added tomorrow.

Download "ICC Super Series Test Match: World XI (Vs) Australia" Save File Now!!! (126 KB Only)

Instalaltion:

Just Store the ICCTEST.mch folder into "C:\My Documents\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\" and enjoy the battle.

Continuity of the line-up and Squad editing can be followed at

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14824

anyhow for u'r concern, i'll post important break throughs here is well!.

Boss

Attachments

• icctestsave.zip
    125.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
boss said:
nice to here from u mate!. Yes!, u'r pretty correct abt the test match AI pacing. Then we need to change few shot's type into "defensive" like str drive, cover drive etc. Thats the only way we could do that. We can achieve more agg from CPU, by changing the Player characteristics also. But that looks too far as the Player Editor will be delayed. Hope this will help, and all the best for u'r extreme patches.

Boss
thanks for the prompt reply mate.. u r some one to look up to for every Ai Patcher in the PC forum..i wasnt able to reply to the PM cuz i am working on a proxy right now..so i decided to post it on the forum..keep up the good work BOSS...

Last edited:
boss said:
Finally am able to break into the Squad and line-up Editing. (Thanks to Collin, brad(for his offset files)). More details abt the hex edit will be added later. First of all let us try the save game file attached here. This is the one of Test Match(ICC Super Series) btw TEST WORLD XI and Aussies which will be held shortly. Here i edit the TEST WORLD XI squad with out any Aussies in it. The Squad contains (not exactly the ICC 11, but my prefered 11)...

Hope u'll enjoy this Exciting and Tough game.

The Complete breakup of Squad/line-up Hex will be added tomorrow.

Download "ICC Super Series Test Match: World XI (Vs) Australia" Save File Now!!! (126 KB Only)

Instalaltion:

Just Store the ICCTEST.mch folder into "C:\My Documents\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\" and enjoy the battle.

Continuity of the line-up and Squad editing can be followed at

anyhow for u'r concern, i'll post important break throughs here is well!.

Boss

nice to seen u have 4 sri lankans in that squard bro g thanks...... this will be
greate, this will give something to play for me..

Hey boss, I played a match with your version 2 between england and New Zealand. I was sent in to bowl and found it really hard to pick up any wickets. The CPU was extremely agressive from the very start which was nice but when they were 0/102 in the 16th over I thought I better stop bowling. Has anyone got any tips on how to pick up wickets using this patch?

Batting was very nice, I really liked the way you have tweaked the shot's direction and power. I managed to get to 2/132 by the 25th over before I stopped.

If i want to play a test match with my bro with a joypad.
Which configs should i use.
Should i use the test bowling ones as i want a small cursor.

Btw cgpv2 rr is gr8, i dont know wat i was thinkin to not use it.

Could plz make the scoring a bit more difficult as i am winning most of the 20 overs odi matches in 11 to 12 overs with 10 wickets to spare that also on hard mode.

Last edited:
Update in Squad Editing...

Again sorry for not replying friends!. U know am busy with preparing Squad editing and line-up editing tutorials. as soon as i get free, i'll add the replies here. So don't hesitate to put u'r comm/fb/ in here.

Hot: Chk my c2k5main forum's hot topic - Enter the Squad/Line-up Editing!. Today i updated it with the illustration on how to change the default squad with the complete working example. More to follow...

Boss

Last edited:
Boss,
Played a 50 overs match, (been busy myself), for firstime in a while with your patch. England v New Zealand (Christchurch), The Kiwis made 233/7 of 50 overs, and have set me 234 which is 4.68/over. Not bad pacing by CPU at all pretty darn realistic that score, CPU seemed steady away, I had them at 35/3 at one point before Fleming/Marshall put on massive 4th wicket stand. I played with big cursor and it is a challenge I'll say that but more realistic as it throws in a few bad balls for CPU to hit. Looking forward to chasing the reply.

A side note thanks to all the 40+ people who gave my patch a look, massive dedication to Boss but I felt the f/defensive needed this. Cheers for trying the patch out!!!

boss, LOVE THE PATCH... but to be perfectly honest with you i hate bowling with that giant circle. it just annoys the living hell out of me to be honest. any chance you could release a modified patch that just had the bowling circles depending on a players accuracy that ranged in size. aside from that though, terrific patch and i love the fact that the batting is a real challenge... find myself thinking about each shot and really trying to get behind the ball whenever possible and avoid those loose strokes.

Users who are viewing this thread