CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

boss said:

*On playing yorkers prob, i need a clarification: may i know which kinda shot that makes tough to face the yorkers?.

It happens mainly in unlimited overs - not so bad in ODI but still too much. If I bowl a yorker by putting the top of the cursor right on the crease the batsman plays the very forward straight defensive shot where his front foot is a long way forward and the bat is alongside his front leg. The ball goes under the bottom of the bat.

It doesn't happen on every yorker, but only because I can't be perfectly accurate with the big cursor. Even so, it is still possible to be TOO accurate! When the ball lands in the right spot (1 in 3 yorkers on average, although in one over I took 4 wickets with the yorker :eek:) the batsman is bowled.

It does happen in ODI's but not as much because the batsmen play more aggressively.

Also, this is an issue mainly with medium to fast bowlers. I can't recall getting it to happen with a spinner.

I haven't had a chance to try playing with the reversed configs yet, but will report as soon as I do.

Last edited:
replies on 26/10/05 8.50 p.m.IST

aussie1st said:
Could you please use proper english. Sentences, paragraphing in partuicular.
As for you post you are entitled to your own opinion but not everyone will agree with it.
And remember that all patch makers are spending their own time on making the game better. If you think you could make such a good patch why not do it then.

nice to hear from u mate!. Yes!, am absolutely convinced with u'r comm. Rather than discouraging fellow patch makers, he may do the patch himself or request to EA then. Suppose, Other than this, he can't do anything ATM.

gonzo said:
It happens mainly in unlimited overs - not so bad in ODI but still too much. If I bowl a yorker by putting the top of the cursor right on the crease the batsman plays the very forward straight defensive shot where his front foot is a long way forward and the bat is alongside his front leg. The ball goes under the bottom of the bat.

It doesn't happen on every yorker, but only because I can't be perfectly accurate with the big cursor. Even so, it is still possible to be TOO accurate! When the ball lands in the right spot (1 in 3 yorkers on average, although in one over I took 4 wickets with the yorker ) the batsman is bowled.

It does happen in ODI's but not as much because the batsmen play more aggressively.

Also, this is an issue mainly with medium to fast bowlers. I can't recall getting it to happen with a spinner.

I haven't had a chance to try playing with the reversed configs yet, but will report as soon as I do.

am pretty amazed with u'r inst replies. will chk the yorker probs in test matches and tweak it accordingly in upcoming patches. take u'r own time in testing with reverse process.

This is pretty amazing to see such a low number of replies after cgpv3. donno whether ppl lose intr in it. what ever they think abt it, may feel free to state it in here which will make positive outcome nevertheless. I expect more comm/fb dearly. Still waiting...

Boss

Low number of replies is a good sign in your case, that means now there are less bugs.
Just kiddin. Gr8 patch, will post my review. Keep em going.

i think in the one dayers the cpu and human are a liitle too aggressive i usually make over 300 runs in a innings and l don't hit any sixers at all. could u make this a bit less aggressive please.

also when playing cricket2005 its very hard to get wickets with cpu and human reuire more edges to slips and keeper, more catches to fielders, and lbws and bowls thanks.

Boss's Patch...Played for a while

I've been playing a 20 over tournament on Medium mode (not easy, not hard) and I have identified a few issues, which might help improving on what is already a very good patch.

Shot direction (when batting) (unless its me being cr@p at the game...) is fairly random. For example, I can try and hit a 6-hit straight drive and it can go over cover, mid-off, mid-on and sometimes even mid wicket....I do realise there has to be some realism in that not every shot wil go where intended, but I think this 'randomness' is slightly too exagerrated....If this is just me, please ignore me, but I have been playing a 1 dayer for a while now, and have noticed it in many of my batting innings.

You've already had comments on yorkers. I agree with those.

Reverse sweep goes down to fine leg, and not third man ( I think I have seen comments on this....can't remember).

I do get a lot of wickets with the CPU 'chipping' up to square leg/ midwicket to balls that are well pitched up.

As, I don't like to just make negative comments (I know these are meant to be helpful.....) I would like to add some positives!

Backfoot shots (Hook, Cut) seem to be working just great!

The CPU pacing seems practically spot on.

While I've yet to play a test series (i've played a bit of a test) using the test configs, I think the batting has improved in that when you go for your shots earlier there is a risk you may (and do....!) get out. BUT also, there is a chance you may score a quick 50 or so, which I think is very realistic.

Cheers,

:cheers

i agree with skidman, the shots can b too random sumtimes. my favourite shot is the lofted mid on drive and the ball seems to go almost anywhere infront of the wicket

replies on 27.10.05, 8.40 p.m. IST

shrenik said:
Low number of replies is a good sign in your case, that means now there are less bugs.
Just kiddin. Gr8 patch, will post my review. Keep em going.

Ofcourse!, u are absolutely correct mate!. But still, more than 600+ downloads of CGPv3 and still very little amount of replies, thats why i thought so!, no harm in putting a reply though. I used to get lot of replies in c2004-CGP series. And thank u for u'r app.

robertporter said:
i think in the one dayers the cpu and human are a liitle too aggressive i usually make over 300 runs in a innings and l don't hit any sixers at all. could u make this a bit less aggressive please.

also when playing cricket2005 its very hard to get wickets with cpu and human reuire more edges to slips and keeper, more catches to fielders, and lbws and bowls thanks.

thank u robert for u'r comm.

* ODI is a real exciting elememt.isn't it?. Usually, on a good pitch(dry/hard/normal), we/CPU can post lot of runs whereas in dump/green tops, tend to get dry runs. Try to play on diff surfaces and let me know u'r results.

* For every on going patches, i like to incl more method of dismissals and try to do the same in cgpv4.

skidman said:
I've been playing a 20 over tournament on Medium mode (not easy, not hard) and I have identified a few issues, which might help improving on what is already a very good patch.

Shot direction (when batting) (unless its me being cr@p at the game...) is fairly random. For example, I can try and hit a 6-hit straight drive and it can go over cover, mid-off, mid-on and sometimes even mid wicket....I do realise there has to be some realism in that not every shot wil go where intended, but I think this 'randomness' is slightly too exagerrated....If this is just me, please ignore me, but I have been playing a 1 dayer for a while now, and have noticed it in many of my batting innings.

You've already had comments on yorkers. I agree with those.

Reverse sweep goes down to fine leg, and not third man ( I think I have seen comments on this....can't remember).

I do get a lot of wickets with the CPU 'chipping' up to square leg/ midwicket to balls that are well pitched up.

As, I don't like to just make negative comments (I know these are meant to be helpful.....) I would like to add some positives!

Backfoot shots (Hook, Cut) seem to be working just great!

The CPU pacing seems practically spot on.

While I've yet to play a test series (i've played a bit of a test) using the test configs, I think the batting has improved in that when you go for your shots earlier there is a risk you may (and do....!) get out. BUT also, there is a chance you may score a quick 50 or so, which I think is very realistic.

Cheers,

thank u very much skidman for u'r helpful comm and app. Surely this will ensure bug free patch from me.

* Ya!, am also thinking abt the shot dir few times. The prob is, as the ppl tend to play more and more, they can always get perfect timing on the shots and there is only one key frame to play around. So i've to increase the direction range as well as the power range. OW u get bored by seeing the shot always going in the same dir and same power. Now am trying something new on this issue, and hopefully that will work.

* Yes!, already comm on yorker prob and try toget it correct.

* i used to see rev.sweep, usually down to 3rd man area, and once i saw it fly thro the fine leg. but only happening occasionally though. (Tip: Try to play slightly later than normal timing.)

kush said:
i agree with skidman, the shots can b too random sumtimes. my favourite shot is the lofted mid on drive and the ball seems to go almost anywhere infront of the wicket

thank u kush for u'r comm and the reply to skidman will be opt here.

Boss

Hey guys...pppl who play wid Boss's version 3...

I have managed to increase the power of backfoot cover drive and the square drive is more playable then before. i have not made this patch i jus have tweaked boss orignal patch and used resources from Sids patch.....so no contrroversy pls....i dont want credit or anything.... jus for the game enjoy....Jus let me no how it works as i didnt get time to test it completely.

Boss and Sid, dont mind this guys.....Jus for the Game

Click and Download this file:

Attachments

• 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.zip
    12 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
raider said:
I have managed to increase the power of backfoot cover drive and the square drive is more playable then before. i have not made this patch i jus have tweaked boss orignal patch and used resources from Sids patch.....so no contrroversy pls....i dont want credit or anything.... jus for the game enjoy....Jus let me no how it works as i didnt get time to test it completely.

Boss and Sid, dont mind this guys.....Jus for the Game

first of all, i like to appreciate u'r effort in tweaking and re-releasing the released patches. but b4 that u need to ask for the permission from the patch makers(in this case Sid and Me). I don't consider it as a problem, but not everyone think so!. So u may do this right in future. No offense. just a little advice though.

Boss

Last edited:
Sorry Boss,

Next time i will ask the orignal patch makers before submitting anything that is not mine. Thanxz anyways man. your patch is amazing. i guess that it is the perfect patch now for enjoy cric 2005. Good job man.

Again sorry man for that post........ :(

I just do it for the game nuthin else. i dont want any kinda credit for that.

It all goes to You and Sid.
:cheers

raider said:
Sorry Boss,

Next time i will ask the orignal patch makers before submitting anything that is not mine. Thanxz anyways man. your patch is amazing. i guess that it is the perfect patch now for enjoy cric 2005. Good job man.

Again sorry man for that post........

I just do it for the game nuthin else. i dont want any kinda credit for that.

It all goes to You and Sid

no probs mate!, and thanks for u'r commitment.

Boss

Hey Boss,

did u check what i have done in that tweaked patch. i dont whether is it perfect or not in regards to power. pls make changes according to you in the coming version.

And one more thing now the batting is perfect, U jus need to look at some of the directions of the sjots. sometime they are wierd. and specially the edges dont have gr8 power in them. can u make it like touch and go. i hope u understand what i mean. the patch i sent u earlier email did u get that. And if u did can u tell me how was it. bcos that patch has some good effects of edges.If u didn't get it i will post it here. check it out.

And also in ur next patch can u make edes appear more often. since the batting is strong, put some more edges visible.

Anyway will let u kno more....

Attachments

• 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Boss, You have diff. patches for when we bat or bowl. This is obviously for those who play against the comp. But I like playing 1 on 1 with friends (10 overs). So, which patch do u suggests I use?

Is there any diff. in shots power/direction/height, edges, swing/seam movement or spin betwen the 2 patches?

i think the cpu and human for odi are too aggresive i make too may high scores the test is very good except that its very hard to get wickets. if u could fix this it would be a excellent patch.

also when will the new patch be available.

Users who are viewing this thread