CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

robertporter said:
i think the cpu and human for odi are too aggresive i make too may high scores the test is very good except that its very hard to get wickets. if u could fix this it would be a excellent patch.

also when will the new patch be available.

I can't reply for Boss, but I reckon bowling is almost too easy in this patch.

Some Tips:

Try bowling yorkers with medium/fast bowlers - not the so-called "special delivery" yorker. (In fact, don't waste a ball on the special deliveries with medium/fast bowlers!) Try it this way: When you posititon the large bowling cursor, try and get the top of it to land right on the crease. You won't get a wicket every time, but you will be surprised how many you will bowl. Also keeps the runs down.

To left hand batsmen with a right hand medium/fast bowler: Try pitching the ball at a good length or just short of a length on the batsman's legs from over the wicket. Swing or cut towards slips - but not extreme, just mild movement. If you get this right you will get plenty of bowled through the gate.

Also: Left hand spin (towards slips) pitched on the legs of a right hand batsman is a great way to bowl 'em. Again, from over the wicket. Vary the length and amount of movement. You will learn how to get it through the gate.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah Gonzo, you're right, that is a good way to take wickets....trouble is, once you get the hang of it it becomes relatively easy to bowl them out for a low score, because while you may not get a wicket every ball, you do (as you said) keep the runs down.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get an LBW or a Bowled against a CPU batsmen with any delivery other than one that is pitched up in the positions you describe. (unless you discount the pitched halfway down the wicket on a damp wicket with a medium bowler and the ball sneaks under the bat).

It seems impossible to bowl (or LBW) a batsman with a ball on good length that nips back while the CPU shoulders arms, or just misses it. And yet the CPU is very adept at shouldering arms to those balls that are pitching on or about off stump and seam away. Very very very good judgement. Quite unrealistic in my mind. But I think this is the game engine that does this (as the CPU 'knows' when the stumps will and won't be hit), and probably would be very hard to patch.

Similar to this I've never bowled a batsmen nor LBW one, by it being defeated by spin...and the batsmen misjudgement (Andrew Strauss V Warney ....!!! ok mayne not that extreme....Quality!!!) The CpU batsman can leave a ball that fizzes millimeters past the stumps....

I dunno. I guess you can't have everything.

I would be interested to know if I am alone in this observation....I have spent long sessions bowling, stiffling the run rate, and still not getting bowleds (other than in the method Gonz describes....).

i can't get many wickets bowling or batting could u please fix this. the cpu and human battley bat too aggressively in odi, and the test i think they but too slowly. if u could make a aptch where there is more edges, bowled, caught and lbws that would be good and make the test a bit more aggressive and odis bat a bit slower that would be great. also when will the nesxt patch be available.

hey boss have you come any closer to fixing the lineup problem that we discussed a month ago. i know this isnt the correct thread but i know that this will be the one you will see as soon as you come on. great patches buddy. first class again

hey boss, i playted just few overs wid ur patch, i love ur leg side shots...my word they are soo realistic...shots are impessive,will let u know more by playing the game more...

Now I have played many one day matches with your CGV 3 and it is really good. The problem is only that I have to change file after every inning. But otherwise really great work.

replies on 5.11.05 8.40 p.m. IST

Hi all!,

Sorry for the long lay-off. just went to my native for the festival. Many of our friends asking when will cgpv4 avail?. As am planning for the "Mega CGPv4" patch, it require more time. may be couple of weeks from now on. I will not rush it as i like to release it perfectly.

raider said:
Hey Boss,

did u check what i have done in that tweaked patch. i dont whether is it perfect or not in regards to power. pls make changes according to you in the coming version.

And one more thing now the batting is perfect, U jus need to look at some of the directions of the sjots. sometime they are wierd. and specially the edges dont have gr8 power in them. can u make it like touch and go. i hope u understand what i mean. the patch i sent u earlier email did u get that. And if u did can u tell me how was it. bcos that patch has some good effects of edges.If u didn't get it i will post it here. check it out.

And also in ur next patch can u make edes appear more often. since the batting is strong, put some more edges visible.

Anyway will let u kno more....

thank u raider for u'r comm. ya!, will increase the edge frequency in cgpv4. Note that edges have power varaition. So the perfectly timed (howzat?) bad shot only could yield good power over edges. Others were varied. (As am now working heavily on CGPv4, ATM, i can't test u'r patch!, any how will try it and let u know)

andysmith said:
Boss, You have diff. patches for when we bat or bowl. This is obviously for those who play against the comp. But I like playing 1 on 1 with friends (10 overs). So, which patch do u suggests I use?

Is there any diff. in shots power/direction/height, edges, swing/seam movement or spin betwen the 2 patches?

there is not too many diff in btw when we bat/bowl patch. some tweaking here ane there. anyhow if u like too play one on one, try to play with when we bowl patch, coz it tend to give u small bowling cursor.

robertporter said:
i think the cpu and human for odi are too aggresive i make too may high scores the test is very good except that its very hard to get wickets. if u could fix this it would be a excellent patch.

also when will the new patch be available.

i can't get many wickets bowling or batting could u please fix this. the cpu and human battley bat too aggressively in odi, and the test i think they but too slowly. if u could make a aptch where there is more edges, bowled, caught and lbws that would be good and make the test a bit more aggressive and odis bat a bit slower that would be great. also when will the nesxt patch be available.

thank u robert for u'r comm.

* CGPv4 will have diff pacing than prev patches. so the ODI will be more realistic.

* wicket taking ability will be increased in cgpv4.

* may be couple of weeks ahead for cgpv4 release.

gonzo said:
I can't reply for Boss, but I reckon bowling is almost too easy in this patch.

Some Tips:

Try bowling yorkers with medium/fast bowlers - not the so-called "special delivery" yorker. (In fact, don't waste a ball on the special deliveries with medium/fast bowlers!) Try it this way: When you posititon the large bowling cursor, try and get the top of it to land right on the crease. You won't get a wicket every time, but you will be surprised how many you will bowl. Also keeps the runs down.

To left hand batsmen with a right hand medium/fast bowler: Try pitching the ball at a good length or just short of a length on the batsman's legs from over the wicket. Swing or cut towards slips - but not extreme, just mild movement. If you get this right you will get plenty of bowled through the gate.

Also: Left hand spin (towards slips) pitched on the legs of a right hand batsman is a great way to bowl 'em. Again, from over the wicket. Vary the length and amount of movement. You will learn how to get it through the gate.

Hope this helps

thank u gonzo for u'r useful bowling tips to the fellow members.

skidman said:
Yeah Gonzo, you're right, that is a good way to take wickets....trouble is, once you get the hang of it it becomes relatively easy to bowl them out for a low score, because while you may not get a wicket every ball, you do (as you said) keep the runs down.

Unfortunately, I have yet to get an LBW or a Bowled against a CPU batsmen with any delivery other than one that is pitched up in the positions you describe. (unless you discount the pitched halfway down the wicket on a damp wicket with a medium bowler and the ball sneaks under the bat).

It seems impossible to bowl (or LBW) a batsman with a ball on good length that nips back while the CPU shoulders arms, or just misses it. And yet the CPU is very adept at shouldering arms to those balls that are pitching on or about off stump and seam away. Very very very good judgement. Quite unrealistic in my mind. But I think this is the game engine that does this (as the CPU 'knows' when the stumps will and won't be hit), and probably would be very hard to patch.

Similar to this I've never bowled a batsmen nor LBW one, by it being defeated by spin...and the batsmen misjudgement (Andrew Strauss V Warney ....!!! ok mayne not that extreme....Quality!!!) The CpU batsman can leave a ball that fizzes millimeters past the stumps....

I dunno. I guess you can't have everything.

I would be interested to know if I am alone in this observation....I have spent long sessions bowling, stiffling the run rate, and still not getting bowleds (other than in the method Gonz describes....).

u'r absolutely correct mate!. with the limited AI configs resources, am trying to give u optimum play experience. still something missing. isn't it?, but u never know what will be in the future hold for us?. trying to make CPU-LBW for the fast bowler and waiting for the fruitful results never the less.

Mwaugh said:
hey boss have you come any closer to fixing the lineup problem that we discussed a month ago. i know this isnt the correct thread but i know that this will be the one you will see as soon as you come on. great patches buddy. first class again

nice to hear from u mate and thanks for u'r comm!, yes!, i find the way to fix the line-up(but in saved matches only!, but that too tedious hex cracking). to make our job simple, prakash preparing his receipe "MCH editor" and in beta form testing now. so we won't need to wait for too long.

ajayganesh said:
hey boss, i playted just few overs wid ur patch, i love ur leg side shots...my word they are soo realistic...shots are impessive,will let u know more by playing the game more...

thanks ajay for u'r comm and trying cgp. u'll definitely enjoy more aspects in upcoming patches. so keep on playing.

ramesh said:
Now I have played many one day matches with your CGV 3 and it is really good. The problem is only that I have to change file after every inning. But otherwise really great work.

thank u ramesh for u'r app. Yap!, thats one small adjustment we need to make -to tackle the big bowling cursor prob. but worth it.

Cheers

BOSS

Hey Boss,

Just wanna let u kno that the patch is good in terms of variety of shots. but some of the shots have too much power in them for example the leg glance, the ball bounces like its hit in the pitch too hard and races to the boundary.Will let u kno more about the patch when i get enough time to play it.

Anyways Boss, ur gr8, Gr8 job.

And i like to give a suggestion, i hope u dont mind. U and tutsi should team up man. u both guys have something new in ur patch. sometimes he has some features that are missing in urs, and at times u have something which are missing in his,.........but i guess if u guys tema up we will get the perfect patch for the game.....
jus give it a thaught.........its upto u guys.........

take care............ :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

reply on 10/11/2005

raider said:
Hey Boss,

Just wanna let u kno that the patch is good in terms of variety of shots. but some of the shots have too much power in them for example the leg glance, the ball bounces like its hit in the pitch too hard and races to the boundary.Will let u kno more about the patch when i get enough time to play it.

Anyways Boss, ur gr8, Gr8 job.

And i like to give a suggestion, i hope u dont mind. U and tutsi should team up man. u both guys have something new in ur patch. sometimes he has some features that are missing in urs, and at times u have something which are missing in his,.........but i guess if u guys tema up we will get the perfect patch for the game.....
jus give it a thaught.........its upto u guys.........

take care............

thank u raider for u'r comm, app and sugg. Ya!, the power on some shots tend to be too high at times due to the type of pitch and the timing. anyhow, it seemed to be rocketing towards the fence once in a while. will fine tweak it in cgpv4.

Abt the "Teaming up with Tutsi" : It looks like a nice idea!, but there are few factors that may come into play...

1. timing on teaming.

2. testing methods

3. conflicting results

4. varying ideas may tend to play spoil sport in patches.

so ATM, is not possible to team.

Boss

Hey Boss, Have you got any idea when you might release V4? Can't wait for it :)

CGPv4 rel date announced...

O.K.Guys!, Much awaiting CGPv4 will smash the board on 27.11.05 (Sunday) with all guns blazing. You may think why it takes so long to rel cgpv4?, rightnow I can tell u that it'll be a mega patch. More details/updates abt the patch will be soon online. All of u'r comm req in this reg.

Boss
:happy

Last edited:
boss please reduce the power of shots in your patch for one days.Even in 50 days matches also as soon as bat leaves ball it races to boundary even in slowest of outfields.The way we can find gaps is awsome but please take care of shots power issue.In one day India just smashed me for 170 runs in first 15 overs that too on a green pitch.Also if possible make them play definisvely like in test matches once in a while as there are no defensive shots in anybodys patches for one days and make them little less aggressive.Also in test matches most of the times for outside off balls, when cpu plays cover drive , they mostly end up being caught inside circle.If possible please reduce the chance of this happening in test matches and make hook shots also connectable more often.Thanks.

hey boss, i played an odi in ur patch, and hey....the game and its flow is simply wonderful in ur patch...just we don't seem bored in the game,but, hey reduce the speed of outfield for some shots, as it just goes rocketing...hehe...i love the way batsman get bowled...very impresive! fielding is gud...and the back foot shots straight down are very realistic....gud one re..waits eagerly for ur newest patch :) hav'nt tried the test match arena yet, will do today or tomo n letu know how it is...and well, bout tutsi n u teaming up, no no no ....i don't feel u both shud, as both hav different variety,and coming together mite get it a bit congested ...and setting up a patch independently wud be best way....vakaao!! but,hey...as i asked tutsi, wanted to ask u too...the cpu wen bats, there are just no defensive shots played by them at all for gud balls being bowled...so, it makes a lil unrealistic...can u do sumthng for dat?

If I use this patch do I have to exit the game everytime I change from batting or bowling? Also, if I am not interested in bowling could I just use the batting patch? Would this patch work for ODIs, domestic seasons and test matches?

Users who are viewing this thread