Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
If we're only having 8 teams in season 2, does that mean someone will have to drop out? only ask as I would like to be apart of season two aswell.

Cheesesarnie is home about 8,9 o'clock UK time, told him to register straight onto this site then games can be arranged.

excellent, hopefully we can play at least one of his games tonight. xtremedesix has asked if he can actually play the match against cheesesarnie that was award to him. Let him know if he wants to do this, as it will give him a chance to change the loss to a win and possibly move up to the semis. If he does, then just arrange a match with xtremedesix, otherwise we will leave it as a loss for cheesesarnie

If we're only having 8 teams in season 2, does that mean someone will have to drop out? only ask as I would like to be apart of season two aswell.

Yes, since more than 8 have signed up then I will cut the players list. However, those who played in the 1st season will be given 1st preference, so your spot is reserved and safe!

I would love to join this.
PSN- xXStokesy15Xx

burnsy08 and gunner_stp3_glow will be fighting to avoid being the only team not to win a match this tournament.

lol. you could put it like tat.... or you could put it like this....

Burnsy and gunner face each other to see who is crowned champion of the wooden spoon!

much nicer ;)

burnsy08 and gunner_stp3_glow will be fighting to avoid being the only team not to win a match this tournament.

lol. you could put it like tat.... or you could put it like this....

Burnsy and gunner face each other to see who is crowned champion of the wooden spoon!

much nicer ;)

Edited then :)

----------------------------------------------------------

A quick message, about 16 people (poll and PM) want to participate in the 2nd season of the MB cup. I had initially said that the 2nd season will be 10 players but have decided to keep it the same (8 players) due my increased workload at work/school.

I will invite all 7 of the participants from this year back, bearing in mind that it will be a much longer group stage, followed by a round robin between the 4 players, from which the 2 winners will play a 3 match series.

If anyone wants to take a break from season 2, then I will invite from the new sign ups.

My apologies for not being able to extend the tournament, but if I am to run it with the same care and detail that I have afforded to this one, it will be impossible for me.

I do hope all of you return to play, I believe we have found a good set of players here.

Also, , the winner of Season 2 of the Monty Burns Cup will recieve a $20 (American) iTunes gift card, that can be used to purchase songs online.

Will send out the invitations to the 2nd season in PMs (private messages on PC) as soon as we reach the final match of season 1.

Once again guys, thank you for everyone participation, promptness and sportsmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest would I be able to use an American iTunes gift card in England? Also gives more incentive to play and win season two so will deffo have to work hard to be good enough online to succeed in season 2.

Good question, if it is not compatible, then I will figure out how to get one for the UK. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Kudo's to you hmarka for running a wel organised tournament and kudos to the participants who have obviously played in the spirit of the game. Just flicking through some of the other tournament threads that invariably end up with people accusing each other of cheating, not turning up, abusing each other verbally etcetera. I have followed this little one from day one and it has been a refrshing change. Nice one!:)

Thank you sir,

I believe what has really helped is the small nature of the tournament and the lack of rules. I purposely posted no rules on gameplay with an encouragement to be fair. What goes around will come around and it has. Not a single complaint about unfair tactics or the sort.

I had a bad experience with a PC member today online (posted about it in the quitters thread) and that has cemented my view not to expand this tournament. I plan on running this for many seasons but always with only 8 players, that way the majority will be well known and respected players and only a few newcomers every season.

Welcome sir!, incase you did not know you are also playing gougie this round, and if you want to actually play the first round game which you missed and "forfeited" feel free to play xtremedesix

so 3 tough matches for you, good luck!

me and cheesesarni tried to play our round 3 game today but we could not connect to game even after trying so many times. i was getting this error "unable to join seesion - could not connect to the host", every time whilst joining the game that cheesesarni created. so cheesesarni decided to play tommorow as he has to go to work early morning.

i have this question, what if we encounter the same problem tommorow that we had today? how can we finish this damn match?

Breaking News!

Gougie wins Group A by giving cheesesarnie a rough welcome. All info/stats updated in the 1st post.

Hmarka added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

me and cheesesarni tried to play our round 3 game today but we could not connect to game even after trying so many times. i was getting this error "unable to join seesion - could not connect to the host", every time whilst joining the game that cheesesarni created. so cheesesarni decided to play tommorow as he has to go to work early morning.

i have this question, what if we encounter the same problem tommorow that we had today? how can we finish this damn match?

I have had this problem a lot. Here is my suggestion

-Player A creates a ranked 2020, Player B tries to find.

-Player B creates a ranked 2020 and player A finds.

-Player A invites Player B to an unranked , and vice versa.

It usually works if you log out and log back in to AC09.

If all else fails then its a coin toss I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread