Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
Breaking News!

Gougie wins Group A by giving cheesesarnie a rough welcome. All info/stats updated in the 1st post.

Hmarka added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I have had this problem a lot. Here is my suggestion

-Player A creates a ranked 2020, Player B tries to find.

-Player B creates a ranked 2020 and player A finds.

-Player A invites Player B to an unranked , and vice versa.

It usually works if you log out and log back in to AC09.

If all else fails then its a coin toss I'm afraid.

thank you hmarka for your suggestions, we'll definitely make sure to try out the above methods today.

Close Encounter

Cheesesarni 132 all out 16.3 overs ( top run scorer Ponting 58 off 40 balls. best bowling figures Stuart Broard 9 runs for 4 wickets from 4 overs )

LegendBoy20 109 all out 16 overs ( top run scorer Collingwood 30 odd off 20 odd balls best bowling figures Cameron White 31 runs for 3 wickets 2.5 overs)

After a quick start for cheesesarni scoring 60 odd in the power play overs Legendboy came back strong in the middle overs taking wickets at vital times with good dissaplined quick bowling. With cheesesarni not taking full advantage of the 20 overs available the match was evenly poised.
Cheesesarni bowled tight in the first 6 overs not giving many runs away but Legendboy was up with the run rate for the loss of 3 wickets after 6 overs. With Paul Collingwood holding the innings together and a quickfire 21 from Sidebottom the match looked close but with the tail exposed Cameron White came on to take 3 wickets and close out the match with a 23 run victory to Cheesesarni.

Xtremexdesix, i will be on the next few nights from about 9 or 9 30 if u still want to play that first round game. I'll add you to my friends list and look out for you.

Is there a rules list somewhere?

yes it was in the 1st post but was removed, here it is again, I will be sure to post the rules permanently in the 2nd post for the next CUP.

Tournament is free to enter,

1) 20 Overs, Fielding Restrictions On

2) 8 players max

3) No rules on field settings or tactics, anything is allowed, fair play is encouraged, no one likes batting against offside packed fields and wideline. So bowl realistically and the favor will probably be returned.

4) Once the fixtures are announced you will have 5 days to play your opponent, once the match is finished, the winner will PM me the result.

The new fixtures will be released every 5 days from the start of the tournament.

In the event of a person failing to show up, the match will be awarded to his opponent. If there are connection problems and you cannot start a match in 5 days, a coin toss will determine the result.

5) Allegations of quitting will be dealt on an individual basis.

6) Contest is first come first serve but I reserve the right to exclude an unknown player for an established PC member.

7) You may pick any team except for a special team. You may pick a different team for each match as long as two similar teams are not playing each other in the same match ex Aus vs Aus.

8) Winner of the tournament gets 500,000 vCash from me, in the event that I win the tournament then each participant will receive 50,000 vcash

Additional Awards

100k to highest run scorer of Tournament
100K to leading wicket taker of Tournament

Hmarka added 16 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

if cheeses arnie wins big against xtremedesix. he will knock legendboy20 out of the semis!

Cheesesarni 132 all out 16.3 overs ( top run scorer Ponting 58 off 40 balls. best bowling figures Stuart Broard 9 runs for 4 wickets from 4 overs )

LegendBoy20 109 all out 16 overs ( top run scorer Collingwood 30 odd off 20 odd balls best bowling figures Cameron White 31 runs for 3 wickets 2.5 overs)

After a quick start for cheesesarni scoring 60 odd in the power play overs Legendboy came back strong in the middle overs taking wickets at vital times with good dissaplined quick bowling. With cheesesarni not taking full advantage of the 20 overs available the match was evenly poised.
Cheesesarni bowled tight in the first 6 overs not giving many runs away but Legendboy was up with the run rate for the loss of 3 wickets after 6 overs. With Paul Collingwood holding the innings together and a quickfire 21 from Sidebottom the match looked close but with the tail exposed Cameron White came on to take 3 wickets and close out the match with a 23 run victory to Cheesesarni.

Xtremexdesix, i will be on the next few nights from about 9 or 9 30 if u still want to play that first round game. I'll add you to my friends list and look out for you.
9 - 930 is that england time or easter time?

I am sure he means England time, so its around 2 PM EST I believe.

Good stuff! And well played cheesesarnie. I wish to be your first official fan! No offence to the others but with a name like cheesesarnie you get my vote everytime!:)

first post to be updated soon. its 3 am and I just had a cracker with kralbeyfb1907, I put up 170-7 and he had me scared, was 130-3 in 13 overs with ponting on 60 odd, however I just stuck to my bowling plan and it came down to 26 needed of 2 overs with 4 wickets left, a good over by Butler saw 26 needed with 1 wicket left in the last over! and he was run out first ball !

im off to bed, check the first post in about 10 hrs!

Hello, since there are 17 people signed up, how will you decide who will get to play in the 2nd season?

Hello, since there are 17 people signed up, how will you decide who will get to play in the 2nd season?

Interesting question, the top 4 of the first season will be automatically invited to play, I will decide the rest based on people reputations since the second season involves a cash value prize.

Hmarka added 5 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

alright guys first post has been updated and boy is Round 3 a cracker!

Cheesesarnie can get himself into the playoffs by beating xtremedesix! the other 2 remaining games are dead rubbers.

2 days left to play guys, good luck to all, and congrats to Gougie, LeftArmFast and amjad9 for securing spots in the semis and the 2nd season!

Last edited by a moderator:
He has not made it just yet, has to beat xtremedesix by a comfortable margin, however if xtremedesix wins, we will have a 3 way tie! and I will have to get my calculator out!

well you won both matches comfortably, id say underdog more than wildcard. Are we still on for tomorrow ?

Users who are viewing this thread