Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
Indeed, especially with cheesesarnie showing up for the first time and playing two games. He is the real wild card.

Group B could swing either way, have to see once the round ends if amjad can improve his position or be tied with burnsy08.

Round 3 looks to be the most interesting yet, the fixtures will be released as soon as the last game in Round 2 is played!

Please have a medal for the category "Best Participating Name"! Please!:D

I'll get into semi then get kicked out. LeftArmFast will easily win this

Have some confidence mate, so far you are undefeated, so is Gougie.

I am excited about round 3, there will be some interesting matches and of course the semi fixtures come out.

Season 2 will be much more interesting simply because of a longer group stage and possibly a super 6 stage before the semis.

Any luck contacting burnsy08?

have you seen your stats..leading wicket taker and run scorer by a mile (t20 overall)

have you seen your stats..leading wicket taker and run scorer by a mile (t20 overall)

Those stats simply reward longevity. They do not show win loss records, which I find stupid.

Being the leading wicket taker/ run scorer does not mean one is necessarily a better player than someone who has less, just that they play more games.

I wish they showed the Win loss, and a % quit.

I wish they showed the Win loss, and a % quit.

As do we all, as do we all..... The most concerning thing is that the players testing the game before release surely would have suggested this to the games producers (every hardcore gamer i know is almost obssesed with their win%, or kill ratio!) It seems that AC09, very much like PES08, was rushed. Here's to hoping a patch is released SOON to amend some of the dreadful glitches.

In my match Vs LeftArmFast, two wickets fell without me being able to even sellect a shot, a message reading, "COULD NOT FIND" was displayed along with a funny noise before the ball had left Brett Lee's hand!!! my batsman happily leaving a yorker honing middle stump! nice.

Two wickets fell due to my batsman attempting a back foot hook, or pull shot even though i was holding L1 (front foot selected) and attempting a cover drive!

Sorry to say, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth, not to LeftArmFast (who bowled like a demon again!) but to the game developers for allowing this to happen.

Rant aside!!! sighs Hope round three is glitch free for everyone. And well done to LeftArmFast for the smooth operation of this tournament. respect fella :)

Quick Update:

amjad9 just beat burnsy08 in the final match of Round 2. A match summary will be posted later tonight as I am off to work.

Round 3 Fixtures to be posted Monday morning UK time!

had a bloody awful tournament really. Will have to play some more online to get used to it's shite parts.

had a bloody awful tournament really. Will have to play some more online to get used to it's shite parts.

Your batting is good...but you treat it as a 5 over match, and not a t20. Gunners tourny might be a 10 over one

One more match left for you mate (burnsy08), perhaps you can finish on a good note and take some positives. Thank you to everyone for being good sportsmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh well hopefully the next tourney will bring some slightly better results.

Round 3 fixtures posted!

Round 3 fixtures and preview are in the first post along with a summary of round 2. All the games of round 2 were played!

Be sure to check out the stats leader-boards after these 2 rounds.

Good luck and good cricket to all.

I'd love to play in season 2:)

I will be sure to include you then, I have also decided that season 2 will not be 10 teams as previous mentioned, it will be 8 teams but a longer season.

Let us play a match once or twice before I add you just to make sure you are a mature and responsible player. Hope to see you on PSN soon .

Cheesesarnie is home about 8,9 o'clock UK time, told him to register straight onto this site then games can be arranged.

Users who are viewing this thread