Champions League Chennai Super Kings

what is your feeling about the chennai super kings

• Total voters

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wouldn't spend money to make a winning team keep winning. If at all you can call something 'fixing', its last year's final where CSK lost to KKR after posting a big enough total. The odds on CSK losing when the game started was pretty low, and when they put up a strong total, it should have gone even lower. So when KKR won, the bookies could have made a killing. But I am not accusing that game, because we had a similar game this season where KKR and Bisla again almost pulled off a similar chase in Chennai against CSK (this time, they lost by 14 runs or so).

Only when teams fluctuate or keep losing do we raise suspicions. When teams consistently dominate, you don't call it 'fixed'.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is just people taking out frustation on such a well balanced team, inlike most others. Everyone in CSK is dependant. Unlike RCB, where the game is played by Kohli,Gayle or AB. And the rest just flop every match.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Whatever it is, we just can't deny the fact that Police has informed that Gurunath meiyappan was sharing the team information with bookies, eventually was almost fixing the games. :facepalm

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Eventhough he sold the team strategies to the bookies and lose so much of money in betting,CSK won the matches despite their strategies and secrets were out.And Gurunath betted,not fixed,get your words correct,they both differ so much.If you saw it as fixing anywhere then its just a fake news just like how it said Gayle was involved in fixing because he went to that bookie's jewellery shop in Jaipur.

Keep your mind clean and read the comment mate,just blind hatred wont help you understand the message i wanted to convey.Anyways,i dont really care if you still believe hatred is better than the fact,i have my other works to do rather than to fight with blind haters.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Since Gurunath, who was associated with the Chennai franchisee, has owned up to his role in betting, doesn't this count as bringign the game into disrepute ?

In such a case, what is the likelihood of the franchisee been taken away from India Cements ?

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Since Gurunath, who was associated with the Chennai franchisee, has owned up to his role in betting, doesn't this count as bringign the game into disrepute ?

In such a case, what is the likelihood of the franchisee been taken away from India Cements ?

More than one lakh stakeholders/shareholders of India Cements are there and Gurunath is just one of them.If you see the root,IC belongs to Maran.Srinivasan is the Binami of it.So i dont understand how it is affecting,but anyways if another firm/organisation purchases Chennai franchise then maybe it can escape the bashings that Srinivasan is destined to get.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
CSK should ideally be scrapped (the owner that is), but that sadly ain't happening with Srinivasan at the top. Hope they do it later this year as his term ends in Sept 2013.

Abishak11

International Coach
BAD luck for csk.but to dhoni gives a nice feast for our eyes.we have better awards than trophy.orange and purple cap,fairplay award and we finish the top to the table.so mi can shut their mouth for these awards.

roar for csk

Last edited:

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
CSK should ideally be scrapped (the owner that is), but that sadly ain't happening with Srinivasan at the top. Hope they do it later this year as his term ends in Sept 2013.

Can you please explain why CSK should be scrapped?Why cant another company buy the team?This truely shows you hate Chennai. *period*

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Abe yaar!
I mentioned, right? "(the owner that is)"? Read, before you comment.

CSK should be scrapped.I want to know the meaning for this brother.You can write anything inside a bracket but i want the meaning for this line.You should have told that "CSK should be bought by another company",scrap CSK is totally different.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
CSK should be scrapped.I want to know the meaning for this brother.You can write anything inside a bracket but i want the meaning for this line.You should have told that "CSK should be bought by another company",scrap CSK is totally different.

CSK as in "Chennai Super Kings" should definitely be scrapped. Just as DC was scrapped and SRH was born out of it. Do you get it? CSK is the current team, inclusive of the sponsors, the owners (the honorary members/enthusiasts...). That whole thing must be scrapped. No one's asking Chennai to get out of IPL, only CSK. There's a lot of difference between 'CSK' & 'Chennai IPL Franchise' I guess.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
CSK as in "Chennai Super Kings" should definitely be scrapped. Just as DC was scrapped and SRH was born out of it. Do you get it? CSK is the current team, inclusive of the sponsors, the owners (the honorary members/enthusiasts...). That whole thing must be scrapped. No one's asking Chennai to get out of IPL, only CSK. There's a lot of difference between 'CSK' & 'Chennai IPL Franchise' I guess.

If CSK name is the exclusive right of India Cements, then I guess the name has to change. But CSK has acquired lot of public support. Changing name itself will dilute the marketing impact. Hope the CSK name stays!

Users who are viewing this thread