IPL Chennai Super Kings - Raise your hands for the best team in IPL

Hari.k

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am happy that csk lost the match even they dissappointed me in the match csk vs rcb :P
I went to watch rcb win and saw their big loose :(
So now am happy they got nothing :D:lol

RPHKR

National Board President
575272_337464146325800_508634205_n.jpg

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who said they were not relied on individuals!? They relied heavily on N Srinivasan.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Who said they were not relied on individuals!? They relied heavily on N Srinivasan.

LOL. I am glad they lost they didn't deserve to win ever. They were one of the worst teams this year, I would have rather seen RR in the playoffs who actually deserved it

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Add this to your list too CSK fans:

You've made other team fans so jealous that hey can only cringe about N Srinivasan.

----------

But atleast CSK didn't win it, were very poor.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Your posts have added nothing to the discussion by way of cricketing insight and you come across as somebody with lots of free time to make this same statement over and over again whenever somebody says one good word about CSK. Get a life.

Gurjot95

National Board President
We, CSK was the only team which played as a unit
:facepalm

CSK is an overrated team. Consistence? They depended on others to qualify for play offs and gain extra point for Washout match. Oh and they weren't dominating either, they had many close finishes in which result could have easily gone against them. They weren't the best team either in this tournament. I say KKR deserves this title. They have been consistent and every player has performed his part.

CSK fans so much overrates their team. One of many reasons why I hate their fans, not the team itself.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
:facepalm

CSK is an overrated team. Consistence? They depended on others to qualify for play offs and gain extra point for Washout match. Oh and they weren't dominating either, they had many close finishes in which result could have easily gone against them. They weren't the best team either in this tournament. I say KKR deserves this title. They have been consistent and every player has performed his part.

CSK fans so much overrates their team. One of many reasons why I hate their fans, not the team itself.

That's enough to "hate" some cricket team's fans? Faceless people you've never met before just because of their team loyalty? Hate is a rather strong word, don't you think?

Let us understand that T20 is a game that makes it very hard for any single team to dominate in a tournament like the IPL. Considering that, CSK have been the most consistent team over the 5 editions of the IPL. We've won enough matches not to be left out at the league stage. And made it to 4 out of 5 finals and won 2 IPL titles. That's consistency. Unless you believe in fixing like some people, you have to concede that Chennai have done really well when it mattered and they couldn't help the fact that other teams playing badly to help them through to the Playoffs.

Now, I don't see why other team fans hate CSK fans. You rate your teams as you please and we'll rate ours.

Shall we have a little more cricketing discussion and a little less hate?

Peace.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
That's enough to "hate" some cricket team's fans? Faceless people you've never met before just because of their team loyalty? Hate is a rather strong word, don't you think?

Let us understand that T20 is a game that makes it very hard for any single team to dominate in a tournament like the IPL. Considering that, CSK have been the most consistent team over the 5 editions of the IPL. We've won enough matches not to be left out at the league stage. And made it to 4 out of 5 finals and won 2 IPL titles. That's consistency. Unless you believe in fixing like some people, you have to concede that Chennai have done really well when it mattered and they couldn't help the fact that other teams playing badly to help them through to the Playoffs.

Now, I don't see why other team fans hate CSK fans. You rate your teams as you please and we'll rate ours.

Shall we have a little more cricketing discussion and a little less hate?

Peace.
You do realize when I said consistent I do mean in this year. Obviously they are the most consistent team if you look overall but when it comes to review IPL 2012 I don't think CSK were the best team. Also, I hate/don't like their fans ( ofcourse not all of them but many of them) is that because they just don't want to consider that any team played above them or were better. Saying CSK were the only team that played as unit is perfect example. By that, it means that no other team played as a unit and were dependent only on single or two players? Wow, I think they need to at least gave it a thought before saying that statement. It just underestimates all other teams efforts who played hard even without any big players (e.g RR, KXI and DC to some extent). No one is stoping you to celebrate or enjoy your win but atleast don't go above line that CSK were the only better team. CSK is the best team in IPL? Agree without any doubt. CSK were the best team in this year IPL? Definately No.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I agree that 2012 wasn't CSK's best effort. Their bowling was quite weak and batting didn't fire until the last stages of the tournament.

I am also not an uncritical fan of Dhoni's style of captaincy or his stubborn support for a few players (hint: R.Jadeja throughout the tournament, S.Raina in the earlier stages, blind faith in S.Jakati even though he has a tendency to get carted around) even if they don't perform well enough. Why wasn't Anirudha Srikkanth given more matches, I cannot fathom.

Other teams than Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata, cannot blame CSK for their problems though. If CSK managed to make it to the playoffs, the other teams that failed to do so had their own destiny in their hands to prevent that. Unless of course, you believe in match-fixing.

Blaming CSK's luck is an admission of failure of the other teams RCB, RR and KIXP to perform when it mattered.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
CSK had a advantage of washout match gaining one extra point which in the end proved crucial and made their entry into play offs. Who knows if KXI had their one washed out match too they would be playing in play offs instead of CSK. Even CSK had a chance of making into play offs w/o depending on others by wining their last match against KXI but they failed to. So they won a place in play offs with the help of some luck. (RCB and KXI had equal no of wins as of CSK in the end of league stages)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Harish you have to understand, CSK were one of the poorest (performance-wise) teams this year. Dhoni is such a selfish captain, unlike Vettori and Sangakara who were ready to drop themselves for the team. IN the first 10 games Dhoni averages 16 ish. Why not give some one else a chance. Jadeja was a flop, but how can a player proform at 6/7 position. Only decent consistent playerwas Badrinath, who CSK relied heavily on.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Harish you have to understand, CSK were one of the poorest (performance-wise) teams this year. Dhoni is such a selfish captain, unlike Vettori and Sangakara who were ready to drop themselves for the team. IN the first 10 games Dhoni averages 16 ish. Why not give some one else a chance. Jadeja was a flop, but how can a player proform at 6/7 position. Only decent consistent playerwas Badrinath, who CSK relied heavily on.

Poorest team? Not by far. I think Pune Warriors get that tag this year. And Sourav Ganguly the most selfish captain this year.

CSK were below average especially in the league stage, I will admit. But having got into the playoffs they outdid themselves.

Dhoni couldn't have dropped himself because he was the only reasonable choice for keeping wickets. Who would have done better than Dhoni at keeping and batting? Wriddhiman Saha?

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Saha's actually a decent player. Maybe could have done well had he received support and chances.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Saha's actually a decent player. Maybe could have done well had he received support and chances.

Who would the captain be in Dhoni's place?

I am not saying Saha is a bad batsman, but my natural choice would always be Dhoni, the tried and tested international. :)

Users who are viewing this thread