Cricket Academy Problems

Yup, same here. In the earlier version on lower resolution, the screen size remained the same but post update screen size is reduced and burdens the laptop a lot more. I had to make changes to my config.ini file to lower some of the graphics settings to '0' or '1' (off or low) from the default of '1' or '2'.

Just found how to run the game in full screen at lower resolution.. Goto graphics option- choose whatever resolution you like & tick borderless window mode..now it runs fine.

Just found how to run the game in full screen at lower resolution.. Goto graphics option- choose whatever resolution you like & tick borderless window mode..now it runs fine.

Thanks! Will give it a shot :thumbs

Can't run the Academy anymore!

I have been using Cricket Academy for some time. But now I can't run it anymore. I re-installed my windows, and since then, I can't run this game anymore. I use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. My GPU is Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512MB... I know it's old but it ran it just fine before. Now when I downloaded Cricket Academy v99.94b and tried to run it, it showed an error of "d3dx9_43.dll". I downloaded and installed d3dx9_43.dll from dll-fixer.com. Even after that the game is not running :noway and it shows no error or anything. It just doesn't run! The screen goes black for 1 split second and then returns to desktop! Please help :(

You can't just download DLLs and throw them in the install folder - you need to get the Direct X installer.

It is included with the Cricket Academy setup, but the setup program hides the installation progress, so it may have given an error during setup and then continued as normal.

Also make sure you have Windows Update turned on and actually install the updates, if you've just reinstalled there's hundreds of them you need to do.

You can't just download DLLs and throw them in the install folder - you need to get the Direct X installer.

It is included with the Cricket Academy setup, but the setup program hides the installation progress, so it may have given an error during setup and then continued as normal.

Also make sure you have Windows Update turned on and actually install the updates, if you've just reinstalled there's hundreds of them you need to do.

Already did Matt. Installed the game like it meant to be installed. Installed all the updates. I do all these work before doing anything else. But I can't seem to run it now :noway

Well start by removing any DLLs you've just thrown in the folder, it's impossible to know what the actual issue is if you've done that.

Installed the game like it meant to be installed. Installed all the updates.
Did you install Direct X separately from that link?

Well start by removing any DLLs you've just thrown in the folder, it's impossible to know what the actual issue is if you've done that.

Did you install Direct X separately from that link?

This is what happened;

1) Installed Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
2) Installed all the updates (around 1-2 GB of data from Microsoft)
3) Installed cricketacademybeta 99.94b (along with the runtime updates)
4) Tried to run cricketacademy, it said "d3dx9_43.dll is missing"
5) Went to DLL-Files.com (link: d3dx9_43.dll)
6) Installed their DLL-Fixer
7) Installed d3dx9_43.dll through it
8) Tried to run the game again. It didn't run, but this time it didn't show any message either.

Feeling so helpless :(

3) Installed cricketacademybeta 99.94b (along with the runtime updates)
As I mentioned, the installer included with the Cricket Academy can give error messages but you won't see them because it does it silently in the background, which will mean it will fail to install but not tell you.

Just try the link provided, download the Direct X installer from Microsoft and run it directly. If you have Direct X installed correctly it will tell you that.

As I mentioned, the installer included with the Cricket Academy can give error messages but you won't see them because it does it silently in the background, which will mean it will fail to install but not tell you.

Just try the link provided, download the Direct X installer from Microsoft and run it directly. If you have Direct X installed correctly it will tell you that.

Matt, I deleted the files I downloaded manually. Then I re-installed DirectX from Microsoft. It updated some files. But the game is still not running. I even re-installed Nvidia drivers. If my graphics card could not support this game, how did it run this game before. Sometimes I just can't understand what is wrong with my PC :(

PROBLEM!!
The Multiplier doesn't go any further than 2X!
I mean I hit santa at-least 10 times if not more but the Multiplier stays at 2X.

No luck :noway still having the same issue :(

Wondering if it's a shot at trying to install the first version of CA with the nets (not the 'a' or 'b' version) and see if that runs to see if the problem lays with the particular version and your PC.

Other thing is, as it sometimes causes issues, make sure you run the game as administrator.

Hi Forum Members.
Long time follower firs time poster.
Same issue i face few days before. I simply installed Direct X 9 on My operating system its works fine after that. hope so this will solve your problem as well.

Users who are viewing this thread