Cricket Academy Problems

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I had a net session on the TV, switched resolution to 1280x720. Now I'm back on my monitor and the option for my monitor's resolution 1920x1080 isn't showing up, in its place a few odd options have appeared 1x96, 16618696x96 and 19x584217536 selecting any of these seems to set it to 800x600.

I'm assuming you have restarted your PC/Laptop or at least restarted the game since changing to the monitor?

Wonder if presets are held in the settings file.

BTW.. 1x96 is such a uber res setting.. It's like HD on ice.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Hey, what's the name of that program that some people are using to increase game performance by autmoatically closing any behind the scenes non-nesseccesary processes and applications? Want to try it on the tablet and see if I get any extra performance.

billionaiire

Club Captain
My first post here after playing the Cricket Academy Net Practice for the first time. I really hope this game comes out in the first quarter of 2014.

Anyway, I found following things a little off with the batting practice -

a) the batsman movement - not very fluid and responsive to the left analog stick, at least on my end.

b) Even when you reverse the controls, the head motions are not reversed, and that's a bug.

c) overall, the batting is quite quirky and can definitely use some improvement, but it can always be ME who needs to learn and improve!

Other than that, what a nice net practice mode. I wish I could bowl.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
a) the batsman movement - not very fluid and responsive to the left analog stick, at least on my end.

c) overall, the batting is quite quirky and can definitely use some improvement, but it can always be ME who needs to learn and improve!

What overall difficulty do you have the game set to? On the easier settings you have little to no control over shot foot placement, so although you're intending to step forward and leg, your timing, the placement of the ball and other such factors causes the PC to take over and places your feet back and opening to off.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ross: Any update on the Black Screen issue??:(

Crossy333

County Cricketer
Ross: Any update on the Black Screen issue??:(

You might have missed this post from Ross that explains what they think is the reason.

Anyone here that has the blackscreen please check how many "cores" you have.

Go to task manager (ctrl-alt-del), select "more details", "performance" and the number of cores will be listed on the right.

At this point we can see issues with Single Core machines - we are trying to fix the issue but it is highly likely that the game will not run well in any case.

EDIT: Unless you mean a fix for this core issue... then I got no mobiling clue.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
EDIT: Unless you mean a fix for this core issue... then I got no mobiling clue.

But I have 2 cores in the processor...My config should be atleast able to run the game at min resolution but it doesn't even start.....:noway

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But I have 2 cores in the processor...My config should be atleast able to run the game at min resolution but it doesn't even start.....:noway

We have no one with the issue that has more than one core that has been able to present it to us here in the office.

We have, and continue, to try our best.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry for not visiting this thread earlier, but when you say black screen do you mean "out of frequency" message being displayed on the screen all of a sudden?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Sorry for not visiting this thread earlier, but when you say black screen do you mean "out of frequency" message being displayed on the screen all of a sudden?

Black screen means the screen turns black when I click open the game...No sound , no message and no sound just black screen, it irritates me....:mad

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok. Then it's a different problem. In my case the game starts fine, runs for a while and then suddenly my screen goes black with "Out of frequency/range" message displayed on the screen. This doesn't happen every time though. Maybe 1/8 times.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Black screen means the screen turns black when I click open the game...No sound , no message and no sound just black screen, it irritates me....:mad

It could be a monitor problem. Have you tried reducing the resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread