Cricket Academy Problems

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
That's fine but does the monitor support the resolution that you are running the game at? It might be worth checking.

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What overall difficulty do you have the game set to? On the easier settings you have little to no control over shot foot placement, so although you're intending to step forward and leg, your timing, the placement of the ball and other such factors causes the PC to take over and places your feet back and opening to off.

I think the frontfoot and backfoot movements work well. I know that if I do not tilt the movement analog stick to either front or back, and only add direction to my shot, I miss 9 out of 10 times. But if I work with both sticks and triggers (either aggressive or defensive), I could hit an average of 8 out of 10 balls. It's just the sideways movement I found a little weird. I do not remember the difficulty setting right now but I'll check.

Even though I eventually got bored of the net practice after playing (or trying) for almost one hour straight, I enjoyed it to the core, it really gave me a feel of the challenge for a real batsman to be practicing in nets without a great deal of skill with his bat, err, controller.

If the net practice mode is even a small indicative of what this game is going to be (minus the few quirks we observe right now), I can't wait for its full release! I just wish they bring bowling, as it inherently makes nearly 50% of the sport.

P

pekkylove

black screen prblm :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

dont know if it will work but right click on game launcher and go to properties and then tick run this program in compatility mode and select any xp version and also tick run in 640*480 screen resolution and click apply and then ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Issues with Votes in Cricket Academy

There are some issues with votes in Cricket Academy that I think might now be fixed. Please give it a shot if you can.

You need 10 votes before it kicks in.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Anyone voting?

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I rated all the ones in the complete linked/skilled thread and noticed that there were some teams with 3 stars, but none with 5 stars and the teams were quite random.

Do you have any news on your swear filter, as Middlesex and one of the other county ones is censored, and there is an A-Censored in the India teams (no idea what team)? Will it stay like this or are there ways to alter the filter?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
We will fix the filter as we go-they will be fixed prior to release.

JasXI

Club Captain
I rated all the ones in the complete linked/skilled thread and noticed that there were some teams with 3 stars, but none with 5 stars and the teams were quite random.

Do you have any news on your swear filter, as Middlesex and one of the other county ones is censored, and there is an A-Censored in the India teams (no idea what team)? Will it stay like this or are there ways to alter the filter?

Must be Assam (Ass-am)

grkrama

National Board President
Ross it be better to have one more option were the rating is done by a few select PC members like say BD,israr ,rajsvm ,snowy C, etc
Its more like rating done by a particular group says these are the best teams and player.
Obviously you guys at BA cannot do that hence why ,im suggesting the groups of PC guys.
This way rating will be more legit instead of majority gets more ratings policy.
Say blocker Dave improves on a face by rajsvm,these guys will know its better and give it higher rating.whereas in the present ones ,the older version will keep getting rated higher.

It need not necessarily be the guys mentioned ,but allowing group ratings will get better results and good works wont go unnoticed.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi Ross, this is not really a problem but I thought I would post it and see what you and others think. Ok with the streaks can they be reset after you change the difficulty levels, at the moment I can play on say Rookie and get to say 100 then put it on Legend and say I rock. Thanks.:spy

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Hi Ross, this is not really a problem but I thought I would post it and see what you and others think. Ok with the streaks can they be reset after you change the difficulty levels, at the moment I can play on say Rookie and get to say 100 then put it on Legend and say I rock. Thanks.:spy

Whatever turns you on 79C - we're not likely to change it.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ok Ross, I was just pointing it out, not a big thing. Turning me on ?

Ross.:facepalm Please don't read it wrong ok dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread