Cricket Academy Problems

Any luck tracking down what's causing this? The Windows 7 x64 part probably isn't coincidence.

Worked on 7-64bit fine for me, wasn't working on 8-64b though, so I copied the config.ini file from 7 to 8 and it runs fine there.

Maybe you could try editing the config.ini file manually (one setting at a time) and see what causes it?

@Barmy, what is the default resolution in the config.ini file? If I set mine to 1920 x 1200 (my native resolution) and open the graphics option it crashes immediately, but if i change to something lower (I tried 1024 x 768) then it works fine.

Have a look and see if anything comes up.

Edit: First thing that comes to my mind is my graphics card's drivers, I'm using different drivers on Win 7 and 8, perhaps updating them might help a bit?

Last edited:
My problem is my right analog stick looks like a kangaroo on steroides in the game but i dont move it at all?

My problem is my right analog stick looks like a kangaroo on steroides in the game but i dont move it at all?

Might want to re-calibrate the controller. Should fix the issue.

Might want to re-calibrate the controller. Should fix the issue.

Cant calibrate Right stick it doesnt respond

Edit: Switched to Xbox eluminator and it works just controls are fairly mixed up

Last edited:
Any luck tracking down what's causing this? The Windows 7 x64 part probably isn't coincidence.

can you try running CA as administrator and try if it still,happens, could be uac preventing access to config file,just suggesting hope it helps.:cheers

Hi Ross. I was playing at the nets the other day with a left handed batsman against leg spin being bowled around the wicket on near batsman cam. The balls that are being drifted from outside legstump are difficult to spot as batsman's body comes in the line of sight. Please look into it.

Hi Ross. I was playing at the nets the other day with a left handed batsman against leg spin being bowled around the wicket on near batsman cam. The balls that are being drifted from outside legstump are difficult to spot as batsman's body comes in the line of sight. Please look into it.

Not sure how they can correct it to be honest. I have a similar issue and realized the best camera angle would be far batsman or bowler cam/broadcast cam for it. Or having the batsman in 50% opacity while ball being bowled and revert back to normal once you hit the ball. Another option would be moving the camera a bit depending on the line of the ball (like a wicketkeeper changing his position according to the line of the ball) but that might induce some sort of headache.

Not sure how they can correct it to be honest. I have a similar issue and realized the best camera angle would be far batsman or bowler cam/broadcast cam for it. Or having the batsman in 50% opacity while ball being bowled and revert back to normal once you hit the ball. Another option would be moving the camera a bit depending on the line of the ball (like a wicketkeeper changing his position according to the line of the ball) but that might induce some sort of headache.

Or move to the legside and exposse your stumps and play .
I dont like that bit about opacity remind of that view in c07 ,it was like playing with a ghost:eek:,maybe ok for DON:D but not others:spy

Yes. Broadcast cam should be good.

I usually ran the previous version of cricket academy at 1024*768 resolution as my laptop is little slow.. It played smooth with less graphics quality but in full screen.. After the update I have a problem.. When I reduce the resolution the screen size also gets reduced.. Now I play in a higher resolution but its slow in my lappy.. Anyone had the same problem??

Last edited:
I usually ran the previous version of cricket academy at 1024*768 resolution as my laptop is little slow.. It played smooth with less graphics quality but in full screen.. After the update I have a problem.. When I reduce the resolution the screen size also gets reduced.. Now I play in a higher resolution but its slow in my lappy.. Anyone had the same problem??

Yup, same here. In the earlier version on lower resolution, the screen size remained the same but post update screen size is reduced and burdens the laptop a lot more. I had to make changes to my config.ini file to lower some of the graphics settings to '0' or '1' (off or low) from the default of '1' or '2'.

I'd suggest the way the game was handling resolution previously was a bug and this is now how it would normally act. I've never seen another game that rendered at a different resolution and then output it scaled to your desktop resolution like the older versions of the cricket academy did.

Just find a lower resolution that matches your monitor's aspect ratio.

I don't know if this is a known issue or supposed to be like this when i go to options then graphics the game closes completely... Just wondered if it was a known issue.

:cheers

I think a couple of people have had that issue, yeah. Think Barmy had it?

Users who are viewing this thread