Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be promoting this solution. As ive said in an earlier post, i only got an xbox for this game. Its only a couple of months old and only ever been used to play this game. I get the crash about 60% of the time.

Please dont focus on old systems as its not limited to them! I fear you may be barking up the wrong tree. I will investigate if freeing HDD space will make a difference however and report back.

Is it a save issue you have or a crash within the game?

If you are on PS3, reboot the console. When you start the game on PS3 after the reboot, things should be back to normal.

Cheers - rebooting sorted the random symbols and messed up letters out but I still can't bowl anything but good length balls on the custom tour I loaded (can bowl fine in any other mode). Any ideas @BigAntStudios? Thanks.

Cheers - rebooting sorted the random symbols and messed up letters out but I still can't bowl anything but good length balls on the custom tour I loaded (can bowl fine in any other mode). Any ideas @BigAntStudios? Thanks.

Wonky characters showing up or weird static sound instead of the game sounds & music happened to me a couple of times when I fired up the game on PS3 but everything was fine after I rebooted the console. Can't say much about the "good length" deliveries in custom tours as I've never played one.

This is working for me

. Play one ball as a casual game
. save the game and it will crash
. reboot the xbox and now it will save any game

This is working for me

Have been doing this for that last week! Saves perfect after the first crash! If you can get it to work seems like a quick fix whilst big ant fix the issue

This is working for me

Just giving this a go...saved fine after the one ball...it would be my dumb Xbox that reacts differently.

Why can't I use review system anymore

Mode: Career
Match Type: English P40 game
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 21 overs in
Ground: Sussex oval
Teams: Derbyshire v Warwickshire
Get Best:
Description of Issue: On my previous career, I found that I could use the review system to review close decisions. On this new career why is it that a delivery that would have been reviewed in the previous career cannot be. I have never received the thing asking if you would like to review anymore?

Mode: Career
Match Type: English P40 game
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 21 overs in
Ground: Sussex oval
Teams: Derbyshire v Warwickshire
Get Best:
Description of Issue: On my previous career, I found that I could use the review system to review close decisions. On this new career why is it that a delivery that would have been reviewed in the previous career cannot be. I have never received the thing asking if you would like to review anymore?

No reviews in P40 so they've been removed.

Mode: Career (But has occurred in other modes)
Match Type: English County Game (Has occurred in other modes)
Over count: 74.3
Ground: Adelaide Gardens (Has occurred at other grounds)
Teams: Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire
Issue: After I take a wicket caught by the wicket-keeper, all players converge together next to the pitch as happens after most wickets, but it does whilst still in "play" mode, that is to say, no replay or graphics of the batsman leaving the crease have happened. The game doesn't progress from this point, nor will it let me save and exit, only forfeit

The picture attached is from broadcast view, as it was when I was bowling.
This isn't the first time this has happened

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 13
Mode: Career (But has occurred in other modes)
Match Type: English County Game (Has occurred in other modes)
Over count: 74.3
Ground: Adelaide Gardens (Has occurred at other grounds)
Teams: Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire
Issue: After I take a wicket caught by the wicket-keeper, all players converge together next to the pitch as happens after most wickets, but it does whilst still in "play" mode, that is to say, no replay or graphics of the batsman leaving the crease have happened. The game doesn't progress from this point, nor will it let me save and exit, only forfeit

The picture attached is from broadcast view, as it was when I was bowling.
This isn't the first time this has happened

Delay your appeal

I tried freeing HDD space but the save crash issue remained. I then moved all game data to an external usb drive but unfortunately it crashed again while saving.

It seems to only happen in career mode. Im just thinking of this time as free practice!

The saving after one ball thing has been working for me on Xbox since it was mentioned by somebody a few pages back.

I only play Career mode and whenever I resume my career, whether starting a fresh match in it or resuming an existing one, then playing one ball and saving results in a crash.

When I reboot the Xbox and go back into my career to start the same new match / continue the same existing game again then I seem to be able to play and save no problem.

I resumed an existing match in my career earlier and saved it after the next ball in the game had been bowled - midway through the third innings of the match. Game crashed as usual.

Rebooted and went into the saved career game again and I took a few wickets. I then made only my third career 50 (from around 100 innings) so was panicking a bit thinking the game wouldn't save but I completed the match and it saved the details fine so I could continue career.

apologies if this has been addressed before but a search didnt throw up any answers -

1) what happened to the landing circle. have it enabled but it doesnt show up

2) how do i generate match result when those damn cowards quit games (ie Option to take win/loss for online matches that finish early (disconnect)). i dont get any such choice when people quit/disconnect

can anyone help with this plz??

can anyone help with this plz??

1. If by "landing circle" you mean the pitch marker as it was in earlier cricket games, it's not present in DBC 14. The only thing you may enable or disable is the red/green circle around the ball but there's no option to enable pitch marker.

2. "Generating match result after an online quit" functionality should already be in place. If not, create a bug report in the format requested by Big Ant which is mentioned in this thread's OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread